• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official "Pokémon the Series: XY" Dub Title Announcement Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
XY040 - Day Three Blockbusters! (Oct 18)
XY041 - Foggy Pokémon Orienteering! (Oct 25)
XY042 - Battling Into the Hall of Fame! (Nov 1)

Ugh. Cartoon Network are reaaalllyy slow this time to feature the latest XY movie. Any ideas why?

Ugh. Cartoon Network are reaaalllyy slow this time to feature the latest XY movie. Any ideas why?
Not that slow actually. Genesect and the Legend Awakened saw its dub premiere in October, but the Reshiram/Zekrom movies and Keldeo movie saw their dub premiere in December (all of these movies were released in Japan in July).

Not that slow actually. Genesect and the Legend Awakened saw its dub premiere in October, but the Reshiram/Zekrom movies and Keldeo movie saw their dub premiere in December (all of these movies were released in Japan in July).
Oh ok that makes sense but I still don't know why it took so many days just to dubbing the movies

Origins of Mega Evolution! - Nov. 8 (was actually announced last week but I was too occupied with other stuff)
Showdown at the Shalour Gym! - Nov. 15

At least "Splitting Heirs" makes more sense for the episode, rather than to give the impression of something going on between Clemont and Bonnie. Don't you guys think?

ArvAl said:

You get to watch a fully dubbed movie on TV, for free, a mere four months after it debuted in Japanese theaters.

What in the world is there to complain about?

CrashBash said:
At least "Splitting Heirs" makes more sense for the episode, rather than to give the impression of something going on between Clemont and Bonnie. Don't you guys think?

No.

Splitting Heirs is actually really amusing, a nice, punny title for once.

No new episode on Jan. 3.

I was kind of hoping for the new season to start in January, but I guess TPCi/CN will be following the BW trend (i.e. new episodes in February). \speculation
Season 14 - Feb. 12, season 15 - Feb. 18, season 16 - Feb. 2, season 17 - Feb. 1 (excluding XY001 and 2, since they premiered on Oct. 19).

So I guess the Bonnie ep is the final ep of this season? I thought they'd at least throw in the Skrelp ep too... it'd feel even weirder if it'll be in the next season rather than this one.

I was kind of hoping for the new season to start in January, but I guess TPCi/CN will be following the BW trend (i.e. new episodes in February). \speculation
A trend that's most likely to allow the dubbers to have a break over the Christmas period, and to make sure that they don't get too close to the Japanese airings. If they got back in early January, with gaps in Japan they'd probably catch up by the end of the year.

You get to watch a fully dubbed movie on TV, for free, a mere four months after it debuted in Japanese theaters.

What in the world is there to complain about?

CrashBash said:

No.

Not exactly. People do have to pay the cable provider in order to receive the channel the anime shows in.

Cartoon Network free. Lol. Good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom