• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean. If Gen VIII has anything to do with Gen VI or VII then Megas could return. Anything can happen with these new games. Try to stay positive.

I mean. If Gen VIII has anything to do with Gen VI or VII then Megas could return. Anything can happen with these new games. Try to stay positive.
I mean I know Megas are coming back, same with z-moves, they're an actual integral mechanic. I'm just saying the might as well be no more new megas anymore

gamefreak happy holidays tweet. The inclusion of minun & plusle seems kinda random given that the spotlight's been on pikachu and eevee nonstop lately.

View: https://twitter.com/GAMEFREAK_info/status/1071906084925902848

I think they just put those Plusle and Minun there because they're themed for Christmas, and trading gifts. But I think that regarding the 8th gen, it means nothing. :p

Maybe we should get an evolution where Plusle and Minum become a single Pokémon with a neutral charge?
Or just each of them getting an evo.

In the same way they gave gimmicks to Solrock and Lunatone in SM, right?

Even if the names of the games are Plus and Minus (which I doubt), I doubt they would give any special attention to them just because of that. They would probably be ignored (unfortunately).

Last edited:
i think its a fair chance to a hint. after all the switch controls are red/blue + - and why have a x/y without a +/- just my own thinking. maybe the villain team will be pirates.
if they wanted christmas, they could have used delibird and snover

a plus/minus motif doesn't necessarily need to have anything to do with the rumors from a long time ago.

a proton/electron motif or something could still be cool. I agree that it could just be cause they're the joycon colors and a fun nod to the fact that we're anticipating switch games for next year

My prediction: People will bring Plus/Minus again after Gen IX.
The year is 3000. Global warming has long destroyed this planet, and Trump’s descendant was elected president of the small fraction of humanity still alive on Mars.

Despite this dire situation, people are still excited for the next Pokemon game. And the first thread about Gen MCDXXI on the Outernet (the second successor of the internet, after the Externet), will be titled “Do you think the next Pokemon game will be titled Plus/Minus?”

Despite this dire situation, people are still excited for the next Pokemon game. And the first thread about Gen MCDXXI on the Outernet (the second successor of the internet, after the Externet), will be titled “Do you think the next Pokemon game will be titled Plus/Minus?”

One day, Arceus will punish those twats by making a plus and minus cloud (= lightning strike) collide under their heads

Why have a Red/Blue without an Orange/Purple? Why have a Ruby/Sapphire without an Amethyst/Pearl? Just because Gamefreak uses a theme once doesn't mean they have to squeeze out all the possible titles.
pa.6.095.png

i never said they have to use it, but unlike orange/purple, xy is only half of the graph. i just think it isnt farfetched to think that +- is a possibility because we have xy kinda like how everyone thought that gray and z may be a game at some point because black and white and x and y existed it wasnt far fetched to think that these other could come about too. however in the case of +- we have the switch remotes that are red and blue +and- and considering this would be the first mainline rpg game on this console (excluding Let's Go however people view that game) it isn't way out there...

Last edited:
i never said they have to use it, but unlike orange/purple, xy is only half of the graph.
No, X and Y are the entire graph. The negative numbers are sections of the X and Y axis, not a separate axis.
i just think it isnt farfetched to think that +- is a possibility because we have xy kinda like how everyone thought that gray and z may be a game at some point because black and white and x and y existed it wasnt far fetched to think that these other could come about too.
But those were always in reference to a third version connected to the games. Even if we take +- to be references to a coordinate plane, why would we have +- used for a game that wasn't tied to Kalos?
however in the case of +- we have the switch remotes that are red and blue +and-
Only blue and red depending on what someone owns-there's also the black joycons that can be bought with a Switch, and they tend to be advertised about as much as the red/blue ones. (And we've had +- buttons since the Wii)
considering this would be the first mainline rpg game on this console (excluding Let's Go however people view that game
It's viewed as a main series by Game Freak. Since they're the ones naming the next games, I think their opinion on what counts as the first console game is the deciding factor here.
it isn't way out there...
I don't think it's impossible that we could have a +-, but I don't think there's any reason to think it's any likelier than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom