• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • Regarding Isle of Armor/Crown Tundra DLC Spoilers

For users browsing this forum, be aware that you may stumble upon spoilers! Threads that have spoilered information will be tagged as such, but still do take caution.
    Spoiler Embargo will be in place one month from DLC release. This means it will lift on July 17th, 2020.

• The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • The 2020 staff drive for Bulbagarden is now live! If you're interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff team (whether it be forums, social media, or more!) then you're encouraged to apply!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Now that a few people in here have debunked that Gamefreak picture theory, do we have any real idea of possibilities for where Gen 8 is situated in or we still in the dark again ?
We are still in the dark, sorry. I'm still betting we will get a region based on Central/South America, Africa or Asia.

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
I agree it isn't a "Hawaiian" or "very tropical", or a tropical flower by any means. But it can still be used to refer to warmer places by its meaning (flower of the sun, warm) and its origin. And even in Canada, it need a climate that we could consider as "warm" for cultivation (temperate, in the case of Canada). Although it is a sturdy flower, it still needs hot soil to be sprouted, and unlike other flowers, it doesn't grow well away from the sunlight.

And well, I agree, those pictures don't mean anything about the next games, are just common Christmas and anniversary photos.
I was assuming that these are types of flowers that grow in Hawaii. Though if you should look at the yellow summer lighting, it gives the impressionable hint of somewhere warm and hot. Whilst it's normal white lighting for the Christmas tree. Maybe it's all just a coincidence, but you can still wonder the theming of what might come next.Like someone had speculated in the past.

Gen 1: Modern (Kanto/Tokyo), Gen 2: Traditional (Johto/Osaka), Gen 3: Hot and Tropical (Hoenn/Kyushu), Gen 4: Cold and Snowy (Sinnoh/Hokkaido) - Japan
Gen 5: Modern (Unova/New York City/USA), Gen 6: Traditional (Kalos/France/EU), Gen 7: Hot and Tropical (Alola/Hawaii/USA), Gen 8: Cold and Snowy (???) - International

Don't ask me why, but from this pattern here, I have a hunch that it could be the UK or any northern country of the EU that would fit the pattern like Ireland, Germany, Denmark and Sweden, or even Finland, Norway, Iceland, Greenland, Canada, or Russia. There is also the flags. New York City's flag, though supposed to represent the Dutch flag, is in similar shape to the French Tricolours, and Hawaii's flag has a Union Jack on it.

But again, this is all just speculation.

Last edited:
Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Gen 2: Traditional (Kalos/France/EU), Gen 7: Hot and Tropical (Alola/Hawaii/USA),
Kalos isn’t really linked to tradition... but Alola on the other hand is one of the most culturally and traditionally focused region we’ve had till now- the system of trials, Alola's greeting, process of creating a new league make it more traditional than Kalos.

Kalos was more about beauty and aesthetics.

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
Kalos isn’t really linked to tradition... but Alola on the other hand is one of the most culturally and traditionally focused region we’ve had till now- the system of trials, Alola's greeting, process of creating a new league make it more traditional than Kalos.

again, these are speculations. Spain maybe a favorite location for Game Freak, it may take many years and a few Gens before making the region if that's the case. Though, it wouldn't fit well in the Kalos story if it's a sequal to Gen 6. Maybe? Only time will tell.

Reaction score

Alola is the most cultural region we've had honestly because it draws so much from Hawaii and the associated languages and traditions.

Reaction score
hmmm international... if me mix spain, italy and greecy then even snowy mountains can be in it.
the relation to France and Kalos is in, and we got also a lot of sound possibilities in it. Also some had colonies.
The pokemon so or so will have international touch.

Reaction score
when it comes to the Mewtwo movie then gen 8 will be shown somehow probably in it this time.

Reaction score
Part of me wants to believe they are going to show something, but the last time we saw blanks, they were things we have already seen, although with Zeraora it was thanks to the dataminers.

Aka: Sceptile
Reaction score
The time that it is going to be revealed is the same time the mythical was revealed for the last two movies. It is plausible, but we cannot be for certain. Not to mention that this is only anime related. If you're worrying that it's going to take that long for them to reveal the next game, I do not think they're going to take that long.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
The time that it is going to be revealed is the same time the mythical was revealed for the last two movies. It is plausible, but we cannot be for certain. Not to mention that this is only anime related. If you're worrying that it's going to take that long for them to reveal the next game, I do not think they're going to take that long.
Yeah. The only way that I can see these games being revealed later is if they are not actually Gen 8.

Reaction score
I think jan-feb is most likely. They've already hyped the gen up a few months ago, and if this truly is the biggest generation yet they're gonna want the majority of the year to themselves for reveals, and just for having the games in peoples thoughts all the time.

We could literally be like weeks away from an announcement. In terms of movie reveals, history dictates that we're near guaranteed to get something new, that shouldn't really be a question.

I'd like another region in europe just for the sake of things being even lol, 4 jp regions, 2 American, and 2 European just makes things look nice and neat

Status
Not open for further replies.