• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny because I remember Synchro Evolution being a popular rumor for SM, and yet now here we are pretending that the franchise is above such shenanigans.

That's what a rumor means. Fortunately, Game Freak had designed a simpler mechanic before the anime director even asked them to create Ash-Greninja, but you never know what might happen now.

I don't think they will make humans fuse with Pokemon, unlike Pokemon fusing with other Pokemon, having humans fusing with Pokemon would needlessly complicate the gameplay, in this case, it isn't like Kyurem or Necrozma where if they faint, you still had your other Pokemon to rely on. Basically, I highly doubt the humans in the Pokemon world would suddenly become part of the frontline in the battle, it just doesn't fit the modern times of Pokemon.
I was talking about using trainers and their pokemon for the evil team's experiment by turning pokemon hybrids with their pokemon like we has seen in most mangas.

I don't want trainer/Pokemon fusion to be a thing in the games.
Agreed, it wasn't great when the manga did it... wasn't great when Digimon did it... human/creature fusions seem to usually wind up as the human wears the creature as armor, and I think that's weirder than turning into furries.

Also, trainer/Pokemon fusion would require that they completely remove trainer customization, because implementing trainer/Pokemon fusion would be much easier if the player just wore one outfit all the time like a cartoon character.
They would either have to remove it, dumb it down, or just completely cover the trainer in pokemon armor so your customization is pointless.

The franchise should not move further than Battle Bond/Bond Phenomenon in terms of fusion IMO.
Even Ash-Grenjnja isn’t a physical fusion.

Actual Pokémon-human fusion isn’t something I really want to happen since GameFreak has been building up an ideology of considering Pokemon a pet/companion/friend with features like Amie, and the partner Pokemon in let’s Go.

How does physically merging with your pet or best friend not sound even mildly unsettling?

I just want fusion to stay exclusively between just Pokemon and that's it, that's why Ash-Greninja was a bad idea to include in the games.

Agreed, it wasn't great when the manga did it... wasn't great when Digimon did it... human/creature fusions seem to usually wind up as the human wears the creature as armor, and I think that's weirder than turning into furries.
I love Digimon Tamers and it was one of my favorite childhood among side with pokemon,but I really hate the Digimon Froniter and it reminds me of Power Rangers ripoff. I heard Digimon tried to did that with Fusion thing in their latest seasons,but I heard it failed and it became even worse that it became a knock-off of Transformers.

The franchise should not move further than Battle Bond/Bond Phenomenon in terms of fusion IMO.
Even Ash-Grenjnja isn’t a physical fusion.

Actual Pokémon-human fusion isn’t something I really want to happen since GameFreak has been building up an ideology of considering Pokemon a pet/companion/friend with features like Amie, and the partner Pokemon in let’s Go.

How does physically merging with your pet or best friend not sound even mildly unsettling?
They tried this with a Pokemon manga before, Pokemon Reburst. It flopped and faded away into obscurity.
I just want fusion to stay exclusively between just Pokemon and that's it, that's why Ash-Greninja was a bad idea to include in the games.
Ash Greninja isn't an actual fusion.

Well technically, we do have a human/Pokemon fusion already...
latest

I love Digimon Tamers and it was one of my favorite childhood among side with pokemon,but I really hate the Digimon Froniter and it reminds me of Power Rangers ripoff. I heard Digimon tried to did that with Fusion thing in their latest seasons,but I heard it failed and it became even worse that it became a knock-off of Transformers.
You mean the Appmon thing? I thought that was a case of "we're still relevant, dammit!" I have not watched it, so I don't if it's bad or surprisingly good (it could happen).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom