• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well technically, we do have a human/Pokemon fusion already...
latest

That wouldn’t help the PR department in promoting the hypothetical fusion mechanic, to say the least.

I hope Battle Bond stays an Ash-Greninja thing- which it definitely seems like it will be. Introducing it as a mechanic otherwise still holds the modeling complications caused by trainer customization, and it really would not be worth the time and effort... especially since it would be a form change that they couldn't make toys for. Too many trainer options, unless you dumbed down trainer customization to only a few. And what would we rather have- Ash-Greninja-esque forms with hints of our trainer in the design or more customization options for our trainer?

i dont like the idea of fusing and hope we dont get it... or if we do, i hope its optional.
as for human pokemon fusions, if they do it, im sure it will only be your starter pokemon and I'd imagine you would have to. I dont want to see human pokemon fusions.

Human/Pokemon fusion is a very creepy thing. Pokemon have been built up as being pets and companions. No wonder Reburst failed. I don't want this anywhere near the franchise.
Well, that and the designs weren't that cool. I guess people would have forgiven it if it at least they looked nice.

I hope Battle Bond stays an Ash-Greninja thing- which it definitely seems like it will be. Introducing it as a mechanic otherwise still holds the modeling complications caused by trainer customization, and it really would not be worth the time and effort... especially since it would be a form change that they couldn't make toys for. Too many trainer options, unless you dumbed down trainer customization to only a few. And what would we rather have- Ash-Greninja-esque forms with hints of our trainer in the design or more customization options for our trainer?
Yeah. Trainer/Pokemon fusion is not a good idea. It would lead to the dumbing down or complete removal of trainer customization, a highly beloved feature, and it would be another mechanic to overly complicate the game. Also, the concept alone is very creepy and unsettling.

I wouldn't mind more humanoid pokemon in the vein of lucario, zoroark, zeraora, etc but pokemon like delphox, chesnaught, incineroar, are deff examples of crossing into uncanny with how "human" they feel and I wish we'd stop getting these kinds of pokemon

Has GAMEFREAK made and mention of the 2019 games since Let’s Go was released?

They also said that the 2019 games will be more like the traditional games, or at least Ishihara said it.

In Sinnoh, they had an actual cathedral or church, what I find creepy about it is the fact that there's no music whatsoever when inside. You just see NPCs on the seats talking about the beginning of the universe or something related to Arceus without mentioning its name.

If they really wanted to implement it, they could use a standard design with minor colour differences, since the 1000-something year old battle bond Greninja was identical to today's Ash Greninja and I'm sure the previous trainer and Ash had different looks.

I'd welcome Gens like Alola where it represents the main or popular religion / culture from that region's real life inspiration. Just a bit sprinkled here and there or a pokemon inspired from it would be fine. Gen 4's Japanese influences + Arceus being inspired by Shinto was nice as well as the European faiths in Kalos with Xerneas, Yvetal and Zygarde taking references from that was done well.

How about Pokémon Genesis and Revelation? Could fit a "new beginning" theme

Apart from this, Pokemon titles are usually short, single words (and remakes usually make it a two word title for each game by adding one word). Genesis and Relevation would be more complex titles.

Such a game would also have more religious references than a TCG set name since names are often a part of the game's deeper theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom