• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's Go was hopefully the first step in improving the series, by creating an entry level game for beginners so the main games don't have to be so dumbed down for everyone else.

Honestly Pokemon at its core has always been a dumbed down JRPG series and that was before Gen 7 reared its head lol

Just for everyone’s benefit if there’s going to be continued discussion on a possible UK-inspired Pokémon region (because I’ve seen a few mistakes now and don’t want to just quote everyone) -

United Kingdom (UK) = England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

Great Britain = England, Scotland and Wales.

It’s also important to remember that all 4 countries have long, fascinating histories and hundreds if not thousands of myths and legends unique to them individually.

If this region will be open country, I can well imagine the region being like the three areas in Kalos, England will be open fields and hills to start your journey. Wales being moorland and seashore, Scotland mountainous and snowy, and Northern Ireland volcanic.

I'm sure you get the idea by looking at the landscape of the UK

I honestly don't like the handholdy aspects of Pokemon, I liked it when the games didn't have an NPC telling you where to go all the time, like how in Gen 5, only basic tutorial in the beginning and then you're free to go do your own thing very quickly.

I honestly don't like the handholdy aspects of Pokemon, I liked it when the games didn't have an NPC telling you where to go all the time, like how in Gen 5, only basic tutorial in the beginning and then you're free to go do your own thing very quickly.

Don't forget who the games are targeting towards, newcomers and children.

Don't forget who the games are targeting towards, newcomers and children.
Still doesn't mean the games have to be handholdy in the entirety of the plot or before the league, there's giving hints and then there's outright leading you directly to the next plot point.

Still doesn't mean the games have to be handholdy in the entirety of the plot or before the league, there's giving hints and then there's outright leading you directly to the next plot point.

It might be interesting of how they will handle handhold/home console game-play. It might be of different experiences. Hence if true, 'Old Tradition (handhold) vs New Exploration (home console)'

I only hope the Gen 8 map isn't linear. Gens 1-7 with their maps only give you one possible path to follow with the occasional off route cave / tunnel to follow for a random Tm / pokemon nest which becomes a turn back situation very quickly. I hope the next region can be somewhat more open. I want to get lost and immersed in the pokemon world.

It might be interesting of how they will handle handhold/home console game-play. It might be of different experiences. Hence if true, 'Old Tradition (handhold) vs New Exploration (home console)'
It'd be pretty weird to have a feature as simple as tutorials based around whether the Switch was docked. Experience doesn't really affect whether someone wants to/can play handheld or on a TV.

I never did care. Just cause you know where to go, doesn't stop you from exploring other places aside from that point. It only gets annoying if the game prevents you from doing anything else aside from heading to the next story point. Like that bit in Maile City when you first arrive.

I never did care. Just cause you know where to go, doesn't stop you from exploring other places aside from that point. It only gets annoying if the game prevents you from doing anything else aside from heading to the next story point. Like that bit in Maile City when you first arrive.
Wasn't it worst the dancing men from B2W2? Those guys even said they were there for no reason.

Even in early Gens before Gen 5, because the maps were so linear, NPC's always told you where to go even when it was obvious.

Can we please get more split evolutions, and more cross generation evolutions in general?

I really liked the split evolution concept, and the SM rumour season included lots of them, which ended up in disappointment. I hope the next Generation gives us many split evolutions! lutions, and evolutions for previous Pokémon like:
1. Torcoal
It may seem random but I feel it could do with an evolution. (I guess that also might be due to the obscene amount of Torcoal candy I have in GO...)

2. More Eeveelutions!

3. A Jynx Evolution so that the Electrabuzz/Magmar/Jynx Trio is complète again.

4. A baby Pokémon linking Taurus/Miltank, Throh/Sawk, and baby Kangaskhan, along with a male counterpart/evolution. A skull-less Cubone baby might be a good idea too.

5. A Dragon/Fairy Evolution for Dragonair which maintains a serpentine appearance and has 600 BST like any other pseudo legendary. Unlike Dragonite, which relies on bulk, it will rely on speed and special attack.

Feel free to add any concepts you’ve thought of!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom