• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokemon Miracles and Pokemon Calamity?
Pokemon Hope and Pokemon Despair?

I'm sure anyone can think of the possibility for the titles for the game.

Despair does sound like Bear, just like in Charlotte's Web 'Pig Supreme' made them think of a rich dessert, Supreme does sound like Cream.
Dude, prog was referencing Monokuma from Draganronpa
latest
Despair is a major theme in that series.

Dude, prog was referencing Monokuma from Draganronpa
latest
Despair is a major theme in that series.
Awww, I wanted to wait a little more to see who else got that reference. Also, hope is also a main theme of the series.

EDIT: @Champion Cynthia, I think it's better to play the game. IIRC, the anime skipped some things because it was only a 13 episode anime.

Awww, I wanted to wait a little more to see who else got that reference. Also, hope is also a main theme of the series.

EDIT: @Champion Cynthia, I think it's better to play the game. IIRC, the anime skipped some things because it was only a 13 episode anime.

Had only heard about it from one of the AGK series on Youtube.

I wish we'd get trademark leaks to go off like we did for sun/moon, where like the november before the game was announced we saw trademarks for solgaleo and lunaala pop up, as well as the japanese names for the starters.
I don't think you have the timeline right. Back in November 2015 people talked about Zygarde and Greninja, and little else. I'm pretty sure that those trademarks surfaced in March 2016 at the earliest.

I don't think you have the timeline right. Back in November 2015 people talked about Zygarde and Greninja, and little else. I'm pretty sure that those trademarks surfaced in March 2016 at the earliest.

oh yeah im tripping. I mixed things up because I forgot we went like three months without knowing the starters/legends after the announcement

However, there have been few leaks that have been proven, such as the starter's final evolution, the Z-Moves, returning faces. Whenever people criticise one side, they often forget that there are two sides to it. There might be some truth to it, but that remains to be seen.
The idea that we "can't rule it out just yet" is why fake leaks get so widespread in the first place. Just because we don't have official confirmation doesn't mean that we can't examine a leak and see that it's likely to be false. I don't know which Z-move and "returning faces" leaks you're referring to (the latter is so vague that it could be applied to almost any game, since most games feature a returning character), but I know that the starter leak was an image of concept art, not someone making vague statements on 4Chan. The difference in credibility is pretty clear.

I for one don't think Despair will be a game title, maybe Reality can be in its place, but then it sounds like a meme at this point because of Hope vs Reality.

Off-Topic: Is it me, or is Bulbagarden suffering an invasion of ad-bots? Everytime I check there is a deleted thread with an URL in the title. And sometimes is in more than three forums at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom