• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't that just be a model swap? Maybe if they have different movesets and stats I could see them working.
Don't forget, Game Freak did state that they are not done with Mega Evolutions and are instead saving it for a later date.

This whole 'Old Tradition Vs New Exploration', though by now fake and hinting to the UK's industrial past, could also mean Spain's past. The old Medieval traditions of Spain that then lead to new explorations across the entire globe during the 16th Century.

This is what I've found of Moondials on Google Search...

Belton's Moondial walk

Moondial is a British TV series aired by the BBC.

Sundials can easily be made into Moondials and apart from Spain, many countries have these old devices that acted as original clocks.

Perranzabuloe Millennium Sundial

You can also argue that Stonehenge and other Stone Circles acted as such as well as solstice markers.

Just giving you things to work with for Spain as well as the UK. Moondials doesn't mean a night out on the beach as I remember in Calpe when on my holidays in the late 90s.

Edit: There's also this...

Stock Photo - Moon dial on the south-west tower of St Margarets Church, King's Lynn. The dial shows the phase of the moon and the time of high tide

Last edited:
This is what I've found of Moondials on Google Search...

Belton's Moondial walk

Moondial is a British TV series aired by the BBC.

Sundials can easily be made into Moondials and apart from Spain, many countries have these old devices that acted as original clocks.

Perranzabuloe Millennium Sundial

You can also argue that Stonehenge and other Stone Circles acted as such as well as solstice markers.

Just giving you things to work with for Spain as well as the UK. Moondials doesn't mean a night out on the beach as I remember in Calpe when on my holidays in the late 90s.

Edit: There's also this...

Stock Photo - Moon dial on the south-west tower of St Margarets Church, King's Lynn. The dial shows the phase of the moon and the time of high tide

I think the author of the picture wanted to correlate Moondials with places with nightlife thinking of the usefulness of a Moondial. The pic isn't mine tho, it has long been spread across the internet. And there are things like relating Tapu Koko to "fried chicken," so I would not take it so seriously.

But you're right. Moondials exist in many other places other than Spain, and unlike the Pokémon world, they aren't even really used anymore these days, so this theory also doesn't fit at all.

Last edited:
I think the author of the picture wanted to correlate Moondials with places with nightlife thinking of the usefulness of a Moondial. The pic isn't mine tho, it has long been spread across the internet. And there are things like relating Tapu Koko to "fried chicken," so I would not take it so seriously.

But you're right. Moondials exist in many other places other than Spain, and unlike the Pokémon world, they aren't even really used anymore these days, so this theory also doesn't fit at all.

Yes, Sun/moondials are more used as garden ornaments these days.

But sun/moondials do correlate to time, so perhaps, with a possible Gen 4 remake, Gen 8 might also have some connections to it.

Last edited:
Tapu Bulu and Baile Oricorios are as inspirations to Spain as Decidueye is to England's Robin Hood, Empoleon to France's Napoleon Bonaparte and Smeargle Toulouse Lautrec. Not saying that there will be a Spanish or British Region, they might do. Only when is the question?

Yes, Sun/moondials are more used as garden ornaments these days.

Yeah. Also, rereading your previous answer, I just noticed that maybe you didn't realize that I was basing my post on the picture that I have linked in the post. So, in case you hadn't noticed the link, or haven't clicked on it, I was referring to this image here:
...about that a few pages ago...

I edited the sentence about Moondials now to make it clear that I was relying on the image's theories.

Last edited:
Hi Guys, I started to playing Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu,but I spotted a picture of Stonehenge in Silph Co.
I known Stonehenge is located in U.K and that monument has a mysterious origin to it.
Stonehenge - Wikipedia
I wonder it will show up in the gen 8 and it could might play a big part in the game,because I also heard Stonehenge has a connection with faerie folklore and Arturian legend. Interesting,isn't it?

Last edited:
Hi Guys, I started to playing Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu,but I spotted a picture of Stonehenge in Silph Co.
I known Stonehenge is located in U.K and that monument has a mysterious origin to it.
Stonehenge - Wikipedia
I wonder it will show up in the gen 8 and it could might play a big part in the game,because I also heard Stonehenge has a connection with faerie folklore and Arturian legend. Interesting,isn't it?

Thats something very specific. Looks like another UK reference tick lol What floor is it in Silph Co ?

Lots of stuff happened while I slept!

Honestly an European region would be a total turn off for me.

Don't get me wrong — it could probably be cool and such but as a Spanish myself I really enjoy regions based on another, faraway countries like USA or any other Asian country because they feel "different", rather than "uh, this is just Europe isn't it". Not sure if I'm explaining myself.

Kalos was cool and pretty comfey but I pretty much knew what to expect there — Mont Saint-Michel, Paris, Palace of Versailles, Normandy, etc. Getting a region based on India or Sri Lanka, as it has been discussed for a while, would actually make me more interested because I can get somewhat in touch with faraway countries and cultures, not "look it's Europe with Celtics and Irish stuff".

It is true tho that Unova had some Chineses stuff in the overall concept, but still.
@Oriden captured the exact issue with that sentiment here:
I think we're all going to have that issue with any region based close to home. Hawaii is far enough and culturally different from the rest of the US that it's interesting to me, but Unova was just USA in all of its not-glory.
Similarly I'll be very, very excited for a UK region because I always wanted to go there, but if we get an Indian region I'll probably be riled up at things not adapted well enough, or negative stereotypes since it’s my home.

I wonder what kind of starters a UK region would have. Mabye a basalisk water starter?
Maybe a basilisk fire starter with possible inspiration from Medusa too?

If it's the UK, it'll be great if the evil team is a bunch of colonisers. :D
I can see the British colonies take offence to that...
Even though Pokémon games are not sold here, if they were, such an evil team would definitely raise controversies in India, as it happens to be one of the largest British colonies and painful history is associated with that.

It’ll be almost like Jew's feelings if we ever get a 1:1 Holocaust adaptation. (This comment does not aim to minimised the suffering of Holocaust victims, just looking for an appropriate analogy here since colonisation was a painful period for many).

@SodiumChloride that argument was never used for Plus/Minus. It was more applicable for the 'Twin of' titles.

Can we please not get there again? Plus/Minus basically leads everyone to go in circles.

It’s most probably fake, and even if it were real, now at best it’s a rough collection of concepts in some corner of GameFreak office and it’s useless since we have no way of knowing which aspects will be adapted in which games.
If it had even some shard of truth we’ll be seeing rough concepts from it ending up in bits and pieces in other games, with some distortion thrown in.

At this stage, real or fake (though probably the latter) it’s useless as a coherent leak.

Is this an appropriate place to discuss what a UK region would look like? I found some stuff online, they're not leaks but rather speculations.

Here's a super detailed video:

I like the Florges-line regional variants! I definitely expect a steampunk pokemon. The wildboar pokemon is extra cute too.

Is this an appropriate place to discuss what a UK region would look like? I found some stuff online, they're not leaks but rather speculations.

Here's a super detailed video:

I like the Florges-line regional variants! I definitely expect a steampunk pokemon. The wildboar pokemon is extra cute too.

I really like this person's videos. He has a scandinavian one too which I think looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom