• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just looked it up and the interesting thing about a classic trio x classic trio combo is that none of them wind up being strong or weak against each other.

A Grass/Fire final evo loses its weakness to Fire-type and has no weakness to Water.
A Fire/Water final evo loses its weakness to Water-type and has no weakness to Grass.
A Water/Grass final evo loses its weakness to Grass-type and has no weakness to Fire.

So they would all wind up with neutral damage against each other, if using nothing but their STAB moves. That or not effective damage, because they all get 1/4 damage from their original type.

Of course if a leak came along claiming that those were the final starter types, I don't think I would even believe it. XD

I really want a Bug/Dragon Pokemon. Imagine, it starts off as a weak bug Pokemon but then in evolves and slowly gains confidence only to evolve again and become a majestic Bug/Dragon type Pokemon!

Forever mad that this wasn't Flygon. >=/

View: https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1079059244190707713

I just realised, there's Mince Pies on those plates, a British Christmas treat. But that I suppose could be just part of the theming here.

6db.jpg

''Direct announcement supposedly dropping New Years Day or sometime after with the reveal a week or two later depending on timing.''

After a week or two had passed, and if no Direct video is launched from GF, then we can prove that it is fake, which to most of you, already is.

So far, we have heard hints from people stating that a Nintendo Direct is not that far off, so perhaps we might find something Pokemon related, regardless to this or otherwise.

I'm not bringing this up because I'm in favor of it, I'm just saying 'don't walk out of a Pixar film at the last minute, for something might happen during and at the end of the credits.'

It's located in Page 1060 by @SodiumChloride
Oh, thank you, I had missed it in the mix of all the posts. (though I almost wish I hadn't asked, since his post references +- again...)

The Crown/Scepter leak has a few holes in it:
  • The leaker describes the trailer, but doesn't understand all of what's going on. (They say they don't know why the player was sneaking past puddles in the poison gym, they don't know the new names for locations, etc) But there's no reason for someone who's not part of the game team to be seeing the release trailer. It's not like they have a test audience for it.
  • The leaker describes what the starters are based on, but not what types they are. And one of them is a dolphin, which is a fully-aquatic animal. Given the recent emphasis on interacting with starters, with LGPE and Gen 7's cutscene, I doubt they're going to make one that's harder to interact with)
  • Similarly, they describe the legendaries, but not which game they represent. (If they can be picked out as the cover legendaries, it should be possible to tell)

I'm not bringing this up because I'm in favor of it, I'm just saying 'don't walk out of a Pixar film at the last minute, for something might happen during and at the end of the credits.'
There's "watch till the end" and then there's "listen to the guy rambling in the lobby about stuff he doesn't really know". All he describes is the supposed trailer-if it was real, we'd be seeing that ourselves, anyways.

Oh, thank you, I had missed it in the mix of all the posts. (though I almost wish I hadn't asked, since his post references +- again...)

The Crown/Scepter leak has a few holes in it:
  • The leaker describes the trailer, but doesn't understand all of what's going on. (They say they don't know why the player was sneaking past puddles in the poison gym, they don't know the new names for locations, etc) But there's no reason for someone who's not part of the game team to be seeing the release trailer. It's not like they have a test audience for it.
  • The leaker describes what the starters are based on, but not what types they are. And one of them is a dolphin, which is a fully-aquatic animal. Given the recent emphasis on interacting with starters, with LGPE and Gen 7's cutscene, I doubt they're going to make one that's harder to interact with)
  • Similarly, they describe the legendaries, but not which game they represent. (If they can be picked out as the cover legendaries, it should be possible to tell)

There's "watch till the end" and then there's "listen to the guy rambling in the lobby about stuff he doesn't really know". All he describes is the supposed trailer-if it was real, we'd be seeing that ourselves, anyways.

Thanks for the tip.

I've googled Pokemon Crown and Scepter, and have found this that was done 5 months ago.

Pokémon Crown and Sceptre: Sign-up Topic - Yoshi's RPs Message Board - GameFAQs

Of course this might be made by those wanting to make a fangame and were not aware of this leak. Also, it sounds to me like this person was trying to explain of what he heard from one post, and tried to wrap his head around it with the Christmas pics. Hence why the use of the outdone + and - theory.

Even so, no solid evidence until the trailer does come out.

From what I can gather from his description, the sneaking within the Gym could be to avoid other trainers from discovering him/her and challenge the player to a battle. The Dolphin Pokemon might be similar to Snivy, due to how the Snake Pokemon has legs. The Spider could represent the Crown whilst the Butterfly the Scepter, what relation they would have in the game is still unknown. But these are all I can gather. Also the Druddigon hanging from a castle might be a stone gargoyle in the shape of one.

Last edited:
Yeah, no. Missing out on certain mons because you want a certain box legendary is already worse enough, let alone miss out on your preferred starter evolution because of the box legendary you want or other exclusive mons or vice versa.
That's true. I too never liked the idea when the Sun and Moon rumours were all the rage.

The Dolphin Pokemon might be similar to Snivy, due to how the Snake Pokemon has legs.
Snivy is also partly based on a skink, though- a snake-like lizard with tiny legs. I can't think of anything remotely similar to a dolphin that has legs of any sort, and just adding legs to a dolphin would look stupid as heck.

I know Popplio kind of got away with not having legs due to being based on a sea lion, which are decently mobile out of the water, but dolphins can't get around on land whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom