• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to ask. Did the Gen8 is UK based leaks come out before or after the SM episode. Because that could be hit or a point for the leak. Just because the anime showed an unknown region, doesn't mean it's certainly going to appear. As far as I remember most of the next gen references in the anime are done towards the end of the current series.

As far as Crown and Sceptre go. The names don't really feel 'real' to me. The titles usually have some sort of similarity and a constrast between them and I don't see that contrast in Crown and Sceptre. Also, titles are more closely related to something other than the location, either the legendaries or console (like how XYZ was a nod to 3D dimentions). So unless we get a major royal theme for Gen8 or unless GF decided to surprise again, I'm not yet 100% on the titles.
It sounds to me like the title could be related to the Switch.

After, I think.
After the episode, and after these christmas plushies and tweets.

Sherlock Holmes Hat, Detective Pikachu, Victorian Christmas style clothing and decor, Pokemon SM episode. The globe with Christmas Tree.

You can safely put all that in the box of failed leaks alongside Spain.

But if the UK is next, then it will certainly have nothing to do with the leaks.

Last edited:
Well, that's true. I know what a scepter is, but aside from Spyro, Final Fantasy, WoW and Dragon Quest, people prefer to use "staff".
In the Disney TV show W.I.T.C.H. in the last few episodes to Season 2, there was 'The Scepter of Phobos', a renaming to 'The Seal of Narissa'

The point isn’t that people don’t know what a scepter is, it’s that no one really uses it.
It's a very uncommon word. Hardly anyone uses the word "scepter", as the much more common "staff" is used instead, especially outside the UK. And, I highly doubt that they would make these games just for the British audience.

I guess you guys don't want to hear my theory on Crown and Scepter.
:(

Okay, shoot.

EDIT: Ninja'ed.

EDIT 2: The weird thing for me, is that at least in Spanish, the word "cetro" (scepter) is more common, and it's generally related to kings. The uncommon word would be "báculo", which is a pretty archaic word for "staff" and so far I have only seen it in the LA Spanish dub of Sakura Cardcaptor.

There's also the fact that for a foreigner, "scepter" can trip people up. I spent 6 years of my life thinking that the "c" was pronounced with a hard "c" and not a soft one. I only corrected my pronunciation thanks to the Pokémon anime.

Last edited:
It's a very uncommon word. Hardly anyone uses the word "scepter", as the much more common "staff" is used instead, especially outside the UK. And, I highly doubt that they would make these games just for the British audience.
I didn't even know what Platinum is either until Pokemon Platinum showed up. Perhaps with a title like Scepter it would make the people go and look it up on Wikipedia and Google.

I'm not believing in any rumors, but yet, I only speculate for the fun of it. Anyways, an UK region seems plausible, but the more important question is where would Game Freak prefer to base the games next. They can't just base the Pokemon game from just anywhere, it has to be a place they find the most fitting for the theme of their generation. An example is how Unova had duality of beliefs, this actually mirrors the real events that happened to the U.S. in the past.

Last edited:
I didn't even know what Platinum is either until Pokemon Platinum showed up.
Well considering stuff like "platinum album" exist and that platinum is a common material for jewelry, i'm inclined to believe it's at least a much more common word than scepter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom