• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site, or it's archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
Wrong. The beer name is Coronita, not Corona. Also corona it's a very common word(we live in a monarchy in Spain) so that assumption doesn't makes much sense. Also, as someone has said the translation for scepter its not "baculo" but "cetro".
Corona actually is a type of Mexican beer.

Corona (beer) - Wikipedia

prog rocker

Reaction score
Wrong. The beer name is Coronita, not Corona. Also corona it's a very common word(we live in a monarchy in Spain) so that assumption doesn't makes much sense. Also, as someone has said the translation for scepter its not "baculo" but "cetro".
Well, we got "Corona" beer here, but like you said, "corona" is an extremely common word and most people would think more about the object than the beer.

titofox

Reaction score
Corona actually is a type of Mexican beer.

Corona (beer) - Wikipedia
Fair enough, I though that you mean the spanish beer. Anyway, there's also a beer named Perla(pearl in spanish) and a traditional beer named Diamante(diamond) also, as a fun fact there is a beer named Kadabra(LOL). As you can see, the "they will not name the games as a beer" it's not a good point.

PS: I'll say it again, im not saying that the leak it's true.

Oriden

Here to ride the rumor train.
Reaction score
At this point, about all I can say for certain... is that they won't ever name a Pokemon game Butter or Muffin.

>=/ Because if I can't name my pokemon Butter or Muffin in Magikarp Jump or Pokemon GO, then they don't get to name their games that either.

Pokemon language censors are stupid.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
I think that this leak is fake anyways. Can we just move on already?

Champion Cynthia

Champion of Sinnoh
Reaction score
I've heard one story that one big company, Marvel I think, that tried to copyright the word 'Ghost' which... reluctantly, never came to be.

prog rocker

Reaction score
Pokemon language censors are stupid.
At least they are more or less consistent. Rock Band censors are even weirder when you consider that some songs get certain words censored but others don't. LEGO Rock Band was even worse at it since it considered "Summer of '69", "Girls on Film" and "Basket Case" family-friendly.

Oriden

Here to ride the rumor train.
Reaction score
At least they are more or less consistent. Rock Band censors are even weirder when you consider that some songs get certain words censored but others don't. LEGO Rock Band was even worse at it since it considered "Summer of '69", "Girls on Film" and "Basket Case" family-friendly.
Muffin though. D= Dreams of naming my beloved magikarp Muffin were crushed the day I encountered the censor. Pokemon is a cruel cruel muffinless world.

Although I wound up naming my scyther "Ass Knife" when the game refused to accept "Butter Knife" as an appropriate name so...

Also yes, we are very tapped for discussion topics. I don't mind having Crown and Sceptre die at this point, but we need something else to replace it stat.

Lufenium

#1 Wooloo Fan
Reaction score
Beer discussions on a Pokemon Forum.

2019 be wildin.

Well, we got "Corona" beer here, but like you said, "corona" is an extremely common word and most people would think more about the object than the beer.
Where is Corona an extremely common word?! Whenever I hear it being spoken, it's legit 99% of the time people ordering the beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.