• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be curious about a region based on Germany and how they could handle it. Unfortunately, when thinking about that country, the Nazis are the first thing that jump to the mind.

I would be curious about a region based on Germany and how they could handle it. Unfortunately, when thinking about that country, the Nazis are the first thing that jump to the mind.
With Angela Merkal and the Migrant Crisis being the other. Shame though, because Germany seems like a nice country that was going places.

In a spanish-speaking country where it doesn't immediately mean beer? XD

Fair point. :p lmao but even then, I don't think it's a word you'd hear in every day use.

As for Germany...let's leave politics out of this, yeah? That kind of unpleasant history is the last thing we want in a Pokemon game.

Germany has some absolutely stunning architecture though, it'd be nice to see that reflected in game like they did with some French architecture in Kalos.

Beer discussions on a Pokemon Forum.

2019 be wildin.

Where is Corona an extremely common word?! Whenever I hear it being spoken, it's legit 99% of the time people ordering the beer.
I'm from a Spanish-speaking country. "Corona" is a common word.

EDIT: Also, I think we can have a Germany-based region. You just have to avoid the political and unfortunate parts. That would be like saying Japan shouldn't have a region because Unit 731 happened (don't read about it unless you want nightmares).

I still think the new region is based on U.K. with the Pikachu and Eevee. I still believe the Crown and Scepter could respresents the Seelie and Unseelie Courts in Fairy folklore.

I thought something important got revealed from the amount of accumulated pages... Anyway, leaks that have been posted so far don't sound convincing to me. Ps, am I the only one who doesn't like the idea of a region based on UK? If they are going for European country as an inspiration, Greece and Italy are far better choices imo.

Rumor about a direct coming on the 18th

ok , if you do not want to believe, then I'm sorry.

-NintendoLand 2 : more minigames and returning favorites , releasing fall 2018

-Metroid Prime 4 Teaser Trailer and title reveal :more info at nintendo's e3

-Animal Crosssing : Let's Go Back to the city : releasing summer 2018

-Final Fantasy 7

-Bayonetta 3 : gameplay show releasing october 2019

-Pokemon Gen 8 Teaser : trailer will be x/y style with starters , box legends and trainers(male and female) and an announcement of an pokemon direct to be set in february

-Smash Ultimate news : sakurai shows joker's gameplay and he announces dlc 2 geno from super mario rpg

-Final Fantasy 7

-Pokemon Gen 8 Teaser : trailer will be x/y style with starters , box legends and trainers(male and female) and an announcement of an pokemon direct to be set in february

-Smash Ultimate news : sakurai shows joker's gameplay and he announces dlc 2 geno from super mario rpg
*sees Geno being mentioned* Yup, it's never going to happen. I wonder what happened to leave the poor SMRPG guys in lawyer hell.

-Final Fantasy 7

Maybe Nintendo decides to delay pokemon gen 8 for Feb,because someone spills the beans already on it. I am really get sick of Nintendo keeps on doing that.

-Final Fantasy 7

I don't buy it, I think Gen 8 would have its own Direct dedicated to it. All Pokemon titles have had their own announcements since X/Y, they don't share spotlight with their reveals.

Maybe Nintendo decides to delay pokemon gen 8 for Feb,because someone spills the beans already on it. I am really get sick of Nintendo keeps on doing that.

If anything, this could make them reveal it sooner so the leak doesn't steal too much of their thunder. Although GF haven't responded to leaks in the past. We saw the S/M final stage starters and nothing really happened.

In-thread 1/2/19
What even is this thread?

Every time I log in there’s like...5 new pages, which makes me think something meaningful is being discussed.

The thread should be renamed ‘Official Generation 8 Semantics & Pedantry Discussion Thread’

I totally understand that there’s very little actual news to feed on at the moment, I get it, we’re all hungry. But having scanned the last few pages (regrettably. there’s some time I’ll never get back) it looks like a few people have tried to interject with some cool ideas and Wishlist sort of stuff, only to be drowned out by... well... bickering.

They should change the thread's name from "Speculation and leaks" from "trying to have fun about SPECULATING but some people seems to don't understand what speculate and having fun is" I think that it's more accurate.

The reason why we have a Bad Sportsmanship rule on the forums is to ideally address exactly what you both are concerned about. We had a PSA posted about this last March because of the lack of respect for people's ideas which is unfortunately common in this thread. But that's the nature of speculation; there's going to be a lack of concrete evidence for a lot of what's posted here, and there's nothing wrong with that. And people are going to say why they don't agree with what was shared, and there's nothing wrong with that either. Ultimately, the goal is to spur discussion, and so the key is making your arguments respectfully.

However, when people are unnecessarily shutting down other users for their ideas, that's when it becomes hostile and uninviting. If you see behavior that you feel harasses or puts down another user for their ideas, please don't hesitate to report it so we can take a look at it.

When have they ever done that...? I swear the only time I remember a Pokemon Direct or trailer getting spoiled, it was released sooner rather than later.

XY were revealed in literally the first Pokemon direct...
It was a Pokémon Direct after a Nintendo Direct, if I recall correctly.

Edit
Wait, I'm wrong. I swore there had been a Nintendo Direct before it.

Last edited:
Scepter - The word may not have not much usage outside of the UK, but I immediately recognized what it was when I looked up the word. If a hypothetical game uses the correct imagery on the boxart, people will instantly recognize what it is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom