• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 'pregnant ladies being fired to avoid being given maternity' was something I heard of recently and thought it’d fit in with the usual 4chan sob/revenge story posts.
Getting my account hacked was a brainwave which sorta justified the comment being on these forums rather than 4chan and was a more believable way of the leak matching with my wish lists...

I've been laughing hysterically reading the last few pages at the amount of attention PregnantLeaker has garnered.
I assure everyone that no psychotic leaker is after my account.

I wonder how far would it go if I pretended that it was legit

Gen 2 and 6 - Culturally Rich (Osaka, France)
Alola has shown more instances of rich culture than all the previous regions combined.

So, I was messing around on the whois site and found that the name "pokemonwind" is registered: pokemonwind.com whois lookup - who.is

What's interesting is that the contact information is private. Does this mean anything?
Pokemon Wind and Stars sound really nice and Pokemon-y imo.

So regarding this wind and stars lead. Is there a Pokemonwindandstars.com registered or something like it as well? Most of the time the single version domain redirects to a combined one, so if there is a Pokemonwindandstars.com or something like it we may have a smoking gun.

So regarding this wind and stars lead. Is there a Pokemonwindandstars.com registered or something like it as well? Most of the time the single version domain redirects to a combined one, so if there is a Pokemonwindandstars.com or something like it we may have a smoking gun.

I think someone mentioned earlier that no, they’re not registered.

The 'pregnant ladies being fired to avoid being given maternity' was something I heard of recently and thought it’d fit in with the usual 4chan sob/revenge story posts.
Getting my account hacked was a brainwave which sorta justified the comment being on these forums rather than 4chan and was a more believable way of the leak matching with my wish lists...

I've been laughing hysterically reading the last few pages at the amount of attention PregnantLeaker has garnered.
I assure everyone that no psychotic leaker is after my account.

I wonder how far would it go if I pretended that it was legit

Alola has shown more instances of rich culture than all the previous regions combined.

Pokemon Wind and Stars sound really nice and Pokemon-y imo.
Lol Good joke. That made me for fell that one.
I don't known why the gen 8 could be call Wind and Stars,because Wind and Stars doesn't fit. Or it has something's do with mystical and they could referring to the Shooting Stars. Or they are referring to fairies. :rolleyes:

Wind and Sky would be neat titles but they kind of go together. They dont contradict each other nor are they opposites.

Would be cool though. I kinda wanna ask James questions about how MUCH involvement he had in the new games. Since he's being so vocal with me and his other Twitter followers.

I think some combination of Wind, Sky, Earth and/or Stars would be nice.
I really like the Earth/Wind or Earth/Sky combinations. A deeper theme can be explored with them easily, and they sound nice with just the right amount of contrast.

The earth version could be more rooted in logic, routine and calculated decisions, while the Sky/Wind version would focus on planning on-the-go and creative thinking.

Wind and Sky would be neat titles but they kind of go together. They dont contradict each other nor are they opposites.

Would be cool though. I kinda wanna ask James questions about how MUCH involvement he had in the new games. Since he's being so vocal with me and his other Twitter followers.
Ask him if the new region is going to suppose to take place in the U.K.
I also think that's really cool if gen 8 games could be call Sky and Earth.

A quick question: Hadn't GF said whilst making Gen 6 that they planned of having a Grass Type Rabbit with a flower for a nose that got scrapped?

It got scrapped for a reason, though, so if it didn't make sense in the first place, I doubt it would make sense now.

Here are some things in the games that people may have missed when understanding some of the people's speculations and pondering...

• Acerola is from the royal family of Alola, they brought back in SM the thematic of royalty;
  • Magearna was built and given as a gift to the daughter of a king .
  • Melmetal , introduced in Pokémon Let's Go, has the ability to produce metal, and the last time it was seen doing that was about 3,000 years ago (approximately when the Kalos War took place);
  • The " Pink " and " Green " in James Turner's 2019 picture are colors representing respectively England and Ireland;
  • There is a symbol called "Rose of Tudor" which was created after the union of the House of York (represented by a white English rose) and the House of Lancaster (represented by the red English rose). This symbol is a white rose inside a red rose, and when we mix the colors red and white, we have the rose. In addition, there is a rose (plant) in England called Scepter'd Isle , which is the rose variation of the English rose.
  • But the green is the color representing Ireland and its famous clovers . A green clover with a crown on each leaf is the symbol of the Order of St. Patrick . They also use the Rose of Tudor on special occasions;
Just imagining here...

Pokemon Crown would be pink with the green Thorn Spider Legendary, and Pokemon Scepter would be green with the pink Butterfly Legendary.

Royalty is just a common theme in general. Not really anything notable about it.

-------

I'm a bit confused about the attention to the domains now... if they're not held by CSC, aren't they most likely just rando domain squatters? I doubt Nintendo would switch from a trusted domain service just because nosy fans have started doing domain lookups. That'd be like avoiding trademarking their stuff because they know we know where to look for those- security of their assets should take priority over keeping names secret from fans.

I'm a bit confused about the attention to the domains now... if they're not held by CSC, aren't they most likely just rando domain squatters? I doubt Nintendo would switch from a trusted domain service just because nosy fans have started doing domain lookups. That'd be like avoiding trademarking their stuff because they know we know where to look for those- security of their assets should take priority over keeping names secret from fans.

I'm not really aware about who usually holds Pokémon trademarks (the real ones). Who usually holds them?
Are the Sky/Earth/Wind ones held by different people?

I'm not really aware about who usually holds Pokémon trademarks (the real ones). Who usually holds them?
Are the Sky/Earth/Wind ones held by different people?
CSC Corporate Domains registers all of Nintendo's domains, including pokemon-sunmoon.com, pokemonletsgoeevee.com, pokemonletsgopikachu.com, pokemonxy.com, nintendo.com, nintendoswitch.com...

So I think safe to say that if they aren't listed as the registrar for these other domains (and they're not) then it's not registered for Nintendo.

King zell and Emily Rogers mentioned similar things last year saying that internally, there was a lot of excitement for Pokémon gen 8 since it would apparently be a massive step up for the franchise. Damiani from easyallies said something similar last year where he heard that gamefreak was fascinated with the reception to super Mario odyssey and BOTW and wanted to work inspiration from those games into gen 8.

While zell seemed hesistant/unsure of his claim last year, he seems a lot more confident in it now which is cool to see. Gen 8 probably won’t be some massive open world game but it’ll surely be bigger than a lot are expecting it to be (especially after LGPE)

King Zell and Emily also got everything right with LGPE 100% and well ahead of official reveals and other leaks. So they have my vote and confidence. Zell said recently gen 8 will be BOTW tier, so hopefully that means a real game changer.

Cause literally the first thing they talk about is Ultra Sun and Moon
I'm not entirely sure what the relevance is here, so I'll assume you're referring to the fact that those games were featured in that direct. While USUM might've been featured on the September Nintendo Direct, that wasn't the direct those games were revealed in. USUM were first announced & revealed in a regular Pokémon direct that was aired in July. I'm sincerely confused as to why this direct in particular was brought up.
---
I've been following this thread for quite some time now, but I haven't participated much, aside from liking a few posts here and there, so here are my inputs. The fact that we're now analyzing pictures of Masuda's lunch in hopes to find clues for a new Pokémon game is... quite interesting, to say the least. That said, I sincerely hope we get some sort of announcement soon. As for the domains that were mentioned, I'm not putting much faith into them for reasons that were already stated (not registered by CSC and these parties likely aren't even associated with Nintendo/Gamefreak) but, I'd be lying if I said that Pokémon Wind & Pokémon Stars wouldn't make for an interesting pair of game titles.

Regardless, I think it's pretty safe to say that Gen VIII is going to be quite the surprise, and I'm hoping that it surpasses expectations, and surprises us entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom