• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
4chan reminder Jan 5th 2019
Just a quick reminder about 4chan leaks since there's been quite a few of them recently. We don't mind Screenshots of the leaks but we'd like to avoid links to 4chan itself since 4chan is known as a rather notorious site due to its content.

Even though I'm not one of LGPE's haters, it's sad that I actually believe it was originally a mobile game?

I still don't want to get my hopes up for Gen VIII. Sure, I feel it will be a step up, but I feel if people expect something like that, there will be some kind of backlash there "because it's not BotW".

We’ve discussed this yesterday. It doesn’t make sense that gen 8 was supposed to be in 2018 when LGPE exists, and Joe said the same.

This one was purely speculative on his part.

I mean that's why I said "probably".

It doesn't make that much sense but taking things into context it is easy to see how these things could've been planned differently super early on. It doesn't make sense to say "2018 or later" if they never actually had the intention of hitting 2018

I mean that's why I said "probably".

It doesn't make that much sense but taking things into context it is easy to see how these things could've been planned differently super early on. It doesn't make sense to say "2018 or later" if they never actually had the intention of hitting 2018
I'm pretty sure the "2018 or later" was in reference to LGPE.

During E3 in 2017, I believe they were referring to Gen 8, but they said that it may not release for more than a year, implying that 2019 was more likely. So everything seems to be coming in the right order.

I'm pretty sure the "2018 or later" was in reference to LGPE.

when they did the reveal event for LGPE and pokemon quest iirc they mentioned that the "Pokemon switch game" they announced in 2017 was not LGPE and was still coming. That was when it was changed from "2018 or later" to "2019", then later on, "late 2019. LGPE being revealed was bizzare because it kinda just came out of nowhere

We will probably get to see a tweet or something before we actually see a Pokémon Direct or anything.

when they did the reveal event for LGPE and pokemon quest iirc they mentioned that the "Pokemon switch game" they announced in 2017 was not LGPE and was still coming. That was when it was changed from "2018 or later" to "2019". LGPE being revealed was bizzare because it kinda just came out of nowhere
No, the "2018 or later" came from the Nintendo financial report and had to have been referring to LGPE, or else LGPE wasn't listed in the report when it should have been.

upload_2019-1-5_14-37-35.png

No, the "2018 or later" came from the Nintendo financial report and had to have been referring to LGPE, or else LGPE wasn't listed in the report when it should have been.

serebii mentions that the games announced in 2017 were the generation 8 games. LGPE were never on the financial reports because they had never been mentioned yet

View attachment 114793

serebii mentions that the games announced in 2017 were the generation 8 games. LGPE were never on the financial reports because they had never been mentioned yet
I think GF just said 2018 or later because they had two games, one in 2018 and one in 2019, but they hadn't announce them both back then. Because imo it's impossible that in 2017 they really believed there was a possibility to release gen 8 in 2018 if Let's go games were meant to be released in late 2018.

View attachment 114793

I mean, I know that the 2017 games were Gen 8, but I think the "2018 or later" listed in the report was LGPE- it's a financial report for investors, not for fans?

Here's the latest report from June- https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2018/180731_2e.pdf
LGPE are listed, plus an unnamed Pokemon game late 2019.

March- https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2018/180426_4e.pdf
Just unnamed Pokemon game 2018 or later.

Though the more I look at this, the more I'm questioning it. XD You might be right. Though regardless, I feel like "2018" would have just been pure optimistic possibility and that they really did expect 2019 to be the more likely outcome. The overall tone is "Eeeeh this may take awhile."

I wonder how it would have played out with LGPE if they had finished it for 2018. Would they have withheld LGPE? The order doesn't seem like it would make sense. Would they have released them around the same time? That doesn't seem right either.

They were definitely planning for 2019 being a high possibility, though, because all mentions of a release date were tentative and there's no signs anywhere of an unexpected delay.

I think GF just said 2018 or later because they had two games, one in 2018 and one in 2019, but they hadn't announce them both back then. Because imo it's impossible that in 2017 they really believed there was a possibility to release gen 8 in 2018 if Let's go games were meant to be released in late 2018.

alright this makes sense, I believe you guys. The whole thing just felt weird to me due to the timing and wording. Zell said it's directly out of NoA he heard this but joe said he'd heard things as well so who knows what exactly went down

Thinking more on it, the 2018 or later maybe really was Gen 8 and the tentative date was going entirely off of the wording of the E3 announcement saying that it "may not release for more than a year." That would put it at 2018 or later.

But I don't think that meant that GameFreak really intended for it to release in 2018, or else LGPE's timing wouldn't make much sense.

I notice too that the new date for Gen 8 matches the most recent announcement for it being vaguely late 2019, too. So yeah... financial report seems to be going purely off of announcements for release times.

I can see what Joker said being pretty likely (they announced 2018 or later because they knew they had 2 sets of games coming) but IMO that still seems like an odd/shady way of them handling an announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom