• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus. That's the last time I post a Pokemon rumor. So much backlash. I'm sorry if I cause anybody any headaches, but I never tried to pass off the rumor as anything more than what it was, a rumor.

Whelp.....I did tell you. Sorry the Pokemon fandom is kind of terrible. People love to attack other just for talking about rumors sometimes......It's not cool at all and I hope people leave you alone

Anyway again I'm not sure where people are getting that Pixelpar sin't credible. He never ever said anything was coming tomorrow. People took his tweets out of context and then jumped to conclusion and made assumptions. That's not his fault in any way shape or form. He's proven himself as credible and just because his one source was wrong earlier this month doesn't mean he himself is not credible. He was very transparent about everything and there's nothing about him that raises any flags.

Don't worry, I don't think someone here hates you or something ^^;
But I'm sorry, when it comes to Pokémon there's a large portion of the (already huge) fanbase that just can't.... grow up or something. It's kinda sad we have got to this point but I hope you don't get a bad image of us!

No worries, I'm a big fan myself.

I've learned to just stay in my lane for sure lol.
Now I have Game Rant misquoting my tweets as legitimate sources.

That's....insanity.

No worries, I'm a big fan myself.

I've learned to just stay in my lane for sure lol.
Now I have Game Rant misquoting my tweets as legitimate sources.

That's....insanity.

The good news is most of this will evaporate once the initial game trailers are released.

Apologies if I have been to harsh but like everybody I'm desperate for news and sometimes disappointments get me, I mean it's kind of my fault for settings my hopes up

Yeah again guys while it's good to keep eyes on what's going on it's also best to not jump the gun. He could be teasing or he could have finally seen the image in question. Until people straight up say something one way or anther it's best not to put words in their mouths. That retweet could mean anything and acting like ti's confirmation in any capacity is dangerous. I believe Pixelpar is trustworthy, but I also think he teases those who follow him a lot because he's more than aware that people come to conclusions much too quickly. He's a clever guy that knows how to play the filed. Until he comes out and says something it's better to look at everything with a little caution.

EDIT: Case in point.

View: https://twitter.com/pixelpar/status/978733411434102785

Feel like Pixelpar retweeting this is going to cause more misunderstandings x.x

In Pixelpars credit, He's aware that he dug himself a nice little mote, and sometimes that mote has water in it, but lately it's been bone dry.

A lot of this "learning to draw my tweets" stuff is him trying to stay above "credibility damage" attacks from the community from what can be interpeted as wrong or incorrect leaks, but right now he needs water for that mote, and that Lapras is looking back at him like "what you wanna do baby?" :p

Lapras is looking back at him like "what you wanna do baby?"

Daaaaaaaamn lolz hahaha

But yeah Pixelpar is clearly being cautious this time. It's clear he has info (or at least access to said info at times), but right now isn't the time to come out and fully say what said info really is. IT's better for him to continue teasing than to write paragraphs of info only to have people blast him for no reason. Until the game is fully announced we will have no real way of knowing what's true or false. People need to calm down a little. No amount of wanting information gives people the right to attack others.

Just to offer a bit of knowledge as far as trademarks go; there is a trademark bot on twitter that exclusively
re-posts Japanese trademarks when they're issued. It's my main way of verifying new titles for Super Sentai/Kamen Rider/Ultraman, etc. Said trademark bot was where we found the names of the starters for Sun and Moon and legionaries. (Also the unrelated gigareki trademark.)

It's @ trademark_bot for those interested in following, but do be warned, it posts EVERY trademark filed in Japan.

Just to offer a bit of knowledge as far as trademarks go; there is a trademark bot on twitter that exclusively
re-posts Japanese trademarks when they're issued. It's my main way of verifying new titles for Super Sentai/Kamen Rider/Ultraman, etc. Said trademark bot was where we found the names of the starters for Sun and Moon and legionaries. (Also the unrelated gigareki trademark.)

It's @ trademark_bot for those interested in following, but do be warned, it posts EVERY trademark filed in Japan.
Theres a website called J-plat that posts the same trademarks (mabye even on time too, trademark bot is always a few weeks behind)

If May-ish is the announcement timeframe, I'm really hoping something via trademarks leaks/is out soon

the pokemon niji/rainbow mention on that NX/3DS lineup leak from 2016 was how we knew we were getting a pokemon game that year in advance (if you chose to believe the leak of course, but other games on the list ended up being revealed and S/M's codename was rainbow so it did end up being true) and I feel like we're in need of something like that again

Nah, the only stuff I find on J-plat is over 3 months old. At least in terms of Gamefreak. Searching for Pocket Monsters as well only yields the last games. If I want to do Nintendo, I have to do it day by day because their search is too big.

Theres a website called J-plat that posts the same trademarks (mabye even on time too, trademark bot is always a few weeks behind)

JPlat is THE trademark website, but it's a little hard to navigate unless you know the numbers you're looking for. Keying in search terms won't always work. (There's hidden and public search results, both operating on two very different web pages.)

The trademark bot takes all of the labor out of it. But yeah, if you can navigate that site, you'll get what you're looking for a lot quicker.

Okay, I did a search by just punching in a date in there. The most recent thing I got out of j-plat was February 21. The trademark bot twitter is currently displaying results from March 8

Hmmm...I wouldn't know how to use it that well. I wouldn't even know what you mean by "numbers".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom