• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A nice reminder that you shouldn't completely trust Emily. Then again, I might still be bitter about Mother 3...

She has a very good record, but some of her things didnt pan out. Thats the thing with industry contracts, projects can drop and flop and even some may be untrustworthy. But as a whole shes overall fairly solid.

I never believed in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon being on the Switch instead of the 3DS anyway. The only true thing about Pokemon Stars was that one of the Gen 7 games were going to be on the Switch, which turned out to be LGPE.

I don't see how UBs can be relevent to the story. Calling this a fake.

Uh, but we don't exactly know what the story is yet. Like I said before, if this is a region based on the U.K. then I can easily see them using Stonehenge for the purpose of Ultra-wormholes, aliens, and whatnot. It doesn't "have" to be that, they could just boringly have some Elgyem/Beheeyem or Deoxys event, but it's something to consider.

A region based in Hong Kong would make me wonder why didn't GF wait to do the Tao Trio, but not everything has to fit perfectly.

Uh, but we don't exactly know what the story is yet. Like I said before, if this is a region based on the U.K. then I can easily see them using Stonehenge for the purpose of Ultra-wormholes, aliens, and whatnot. It doesn't "have" to be that, they could just boringly have some Elgyem/Beheeyem or Deoxys event, but it's something to consider.

A region based in Hong Kong would make me wonder why didn't GF wait to do the Tao Trio, but not everything has to fit perfectly.

Or they could use Stonehenge as a UK Region's counterpart to the Kalos weapon, and it could be that either Team Flare, or another Team would try something similar, or might be something else.

Thats a good point. He showed in the pre LGPE era that he had insider knowledge even among the most well known ones.

Just because he has leaked something in the past, doesn't mean he isn't just pretending to have an information now. In addition, he said it came from a different source now.

What he has said doesn't add too much . Many already expected something in January, for several reasons, and many leakers have pointed to it before him. I don't understand the motivation behind an "anonymous source" by contacting him just to say obvious things that everyones already know and speculate. He didn't even say whether it will be a Nintendo Direct or a Pokémon Direct. He said he "knows it's not Crown and Scepter" but didn't say what the titles are.

Sounds fake to me.

Rumors apart, I still expect something this week. Even if it's just a teaser.

while I think it's unlikely, we don't need a pokemon direct to announce the games.

They cold hold a press event again like they did for LGPE's announcement, especially if they want to hype these games up as a big deal.

Just because he has leaked something in the past, doesn't mean he isn't just pretending to have an information now. In addition, he said it came from a different source now.

What he has said doesn't add too much . Many already expected something in January, for several reasons, and many leakers have pointed to it before him. I don't understand the motivation behind an "anonymous source" by contacting him just to say obvious things that everyones already know and speculate. He didn't even say whether it will be a Nintendo Direct or a Pokémon Direct. He said he "knows it's not Crown and Scepter" but didn't say what the titles are.

Sounds fake to me.

Yeah there is that possibility he could lie now that he has a good industry track record, but he doesnt really gain from that. He would lose all he gained. He likely cant say, thats the nature of industry leakers, they still have to be very careful what they say in the public eye. We learned that in the Smash Switch era where a few well known leakers, think it was mystic, was facing serious issues that he lost his job in the industry because of leaking info.

Sounds fake to me.

Agreed. Even with Gaming INTEL who their sources helping them out and have somehow able to predict the Directs correctly in the past, even they, and/or by Nintendo's last decisions, have errored only recently.

I wouldn't even be surprised if Pokemon Crown and Sceptre is the actual names for the next Pokemon games.

Last edited:
Guys, I asked Vegetable Prep on Twitter if he/she known about the real title or it takes place in the U.K.

I've discovered this in Pokemon Millenium's website. It is a theory, though mixing in with past theories that have proven to be false. This one claims that this UK region is called the Bretta Region? Or Tannia in Chinese) Bretta, though sounding similar to Britain, translated from Icelandic it means Surfing. It also said that the strongly inspired UK region will also have some hint of Scandinavian cultures, meaning that this region could be made into a colder region. Also, in real life, the UK does have it's own Netherlands, and it's called East Anglia. So I could imagine the region (if true) having some hint of the Netherlands as well.

However, Kalos has a Stonehenge where the Legendaries are found, and that's loosely based on the UK, despite the fact it's based around the french ones.

It also claims that the Pokemon Direct will arrive at the end of February (or sooner, if Gaming INTEL is proven correct on January 10th), and the games will be released worldwide on November 29th 2019 (I would normally think they wouldn't give us a date until after E3)

Also, no Professor to introduce the game, but a Princess? Yeah, either that could be an interesting change. But? with the added leaks I've seen mixed in there... Yeah, I might as well call it fake from here, until proven otherwise. But anyway, here's the link below.

[RUMOR] I titoli di ottava generazione si chiameranno Pokémon Crown e Pokémon Scepter? - Pokémon Millennium

I wonder if we will see a new Mewtwo form...

Also, Crown and Sceptre make sense if based on UK. We were also told this would be BOTW style. Well--what better way to do that then Kingdoms? I'm keeping my eyes peeled...

I wonder if we will see a new Mewtwo form...

Also, Crown and Sceptre make sense if based on UK. We were also told this would be BOTW style. Well--what better way to do that then Kingdoms? I'm keeping my eyes peeled...
You're making it sound like modern UK is still stuck in medieval times. XD

You're making it sound like modern UK is still stuck in medieval times. XD

Wasn't there that translation leak "here lies pallet town" from like the future/past or something? And in USUM they alluded to using pokemon from the past in your PC. So I wonder...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom