• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what does everyone think the games could be called?

I'm thinking something more visual like "Crimson and Azure" or "Jade and Topez".

View: https://twitter.com/RichardHaslam3/status/1082432907409526784

Had tried and done a little experiment with the map found in the calendar in LGPE, however I went overboard with it, by not just comparing, but compacting the UK into it's space to form the geography of the region.

The lump in the south-west is a mix of Wales and Cornwall, and thus probably making the area the location for Stonehenge, similar to the one found in Kalos.
The lump in the south-east is where London is, along with a mix of Kent and East Anglia.
The north will probably turn from rolling hills into steep mountains. Leading as far as the icy north with Scotland.
The island to the west will be a mix of Ireland and Isle of Man.

I don't see the map looking like Italy nor Sardinia considering that Italy is a peninsula All I see is a sideways Northern Ireland and a squashed up UK when turned on it's side to mirror that of the UK.

It was just a fun guess, and also to help others to see for themselves the comparison that we should've tried.

Also, when Unova was revealed, I thought it's region is based on the north of Honshu for how similar in geography it looked. Rotterdam or even the Thames Estuary. Which goes to show that even though in this world there is a region that looks similar to a real life location, doesn't mean that that will be the Region.

to be fair it's kind of hard to be wrong about predicting a direct will be in January . . . We've had one every year in this month since 2013 except 2016.

It's more or less tradition at this point, the chance of us not having a nintendo direct is more unlikely I'd say. Nintendo doesn't have any games dated past january aside from NSMBU Deluxe. A direct is kind of necessary
This and the fact that we almost always get a January Direct tells me that we will definitely get a Nintendo Direct this month... but absolutely no guarantee on a Pokemon Direct. Because a Nintendo Direct would be necessary, but a Pokemon Direct isn't.

View: https://twitter.com/RichardHaslam3/status/1082432907409526784

Had tried and done a little experiment with the map found in the calendar in LGPE, however I went overboard with it, by not just comparing, but compacting the UK into it's space to form the geography of the region.

The lump in the south-west is a mix of Wales and Cornwall, and thus probably making the area the location for Stonehenge, similar to the one found in Kalos.
The lump in the south-east is where London is, along with a mix of Kent and East Anglia.
The north will probably turn from rolling hills into steep mountains. Leading as far as the icy north with Scotland.
The island to the west will be a mix of Ireland and Isle of Man.

I don't see the map looking like Italy nor Sardinia considering that Italy is a peninsula All I see is a sideways Northern Ireland and a squashed up UK when turned on it's side to mirror that of the UK.

It was just a fun guess, and also to help others to see for themselves the comparison that we should've tried.

Also, when Unova was revealed, I thought it's region is based on the north of Honshu for how similar in geography it looked. Rotterdam or even the Thames Estuary. Which goes to show that even though in this world there is a region that looks similar to a real life location, doesn't mean that that will be the Region.

It still strikes me that the LGPE calendar does not match the shape of the UK at all.

*sigh* I honestly don't understand how people think Unova was predominately Chinese. Yeah, we had the 7 sages and their Chinese proverbs. And the Yin Yang concept, with the cover legendaries, but the main lore of Kalos and Alola also used many non-characteristic concepts of France or Hawaii. In addition, the concept of truth versus ideals can be applied to almost everything in our world. It is a "universal" concept.

I think that Unova was much better developed in that sense than Kalos was. Of course, they took these inspirations to a whole new level with Alola. Compare Alola with Kalos and Unova in that sense would be unfair.

Simply view the Unova adventure as one strongly inspired by NYC's Chinatown and problem solved honestly. Can't forget Team Plasma was also "medieval knights" which is a typical Euro-themed thing. You could argue that it was rehashing America's fight against British Monarchy (Team Plasma functioned as such).

There was once a historical movement based out of NYC (technocracy) that utilized the Yin/Yang symbol. Not sure whether GF realized that or not, but it's a nice coincidence either way.

It still strikes me that the LGPE calendar does not match the shape of the UK at all.
Here’s a little something I whipped up.
69903801-6F39-42F7-88CD-C6CCA0C90391.png

I seriously doubt it’s a hint though.

Wish they would just come out and talk about it. This is probably one of the longest anticipated games. Just do it GF. Treat the reveal like a Bandaid.

So according to Serebii, Miracle Twins is the name of a TGC booster series focusing on Mew and Mewtwo:

"Following that, on May 31st 2019, a new set called Miracle Twin focusing on Mew and Mewtwo is to be released. This set consists of over 94 cards. This set will likely be released in the west around August 2019."

It is suppose to release just after the Detective Pikachu movie to promote M22, I guess.

I think from this, we can safely cross off Mewthree because the "twins" seems to be referring to Mew and Mewtwo. However, I find it interesting that "Miracle Twins" is for Mew and Mewtwo and not the Latis as some people thought.

Here’s a little something I whipped up.
View attachment 114860
I seriously doubt it’s a hint though.

This makes either the Bahamas the next region, even though we've already had Hawaii, or it could be a future region.

or

It could be an hint to either a Spanish Region or a UK Region, due to it's colonial past.

I could see the games could be call "Shield" and "Sword" to fit more in the U.K. and Wale's theme than rather the new games being called "Crown and "Scepter",because I would like to see gen 8's story is going to be inspire by King Arthur Legend and A Midsummer's Dream.

So according to Serebii, Miracle Twins is the name of a TGC booster series focusing on Mew and Mewtwo:

"Following that, on May 31st 2019, a new set called Miracle Twin focusing on Mew and Mewtwo is to be released. This set consists of over 94 cards. This set will likely be released in the west around August 2019."

It is suppose to release just after the Detective Pikachu movie to promote M22, I guess.

I think from this, we can safely cross off Mewthree because the "twins" seems to be referring to Mew and Mewtwo. However, I find it interesting that "Miracle Twins" is for Mew and Mewtwo and not the Latis as some people thought.
TCG set- who didn't see that coming. XP

We can safely cross off any leaks that claim Miracle Twins is anything Gen 8-related now, right?

Hey, I got something right for once!

Although I do find it weird that it has to do with Mew and Mewtwo weird since they are parent and child.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom