• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest danger of losing the fixed camera, to me anyway, would be navigation- Even once I knew everything of interest in Lumiose City, I constantly felt lost and confused every time I had to navigate it, and thats the only place in Pokemon I can think of that doesn’t have a fixed camera view. (it would also be that much more work to design, since everything would have to look polished from multiple angles)
First time I played XY I went in and out the same building at Lumiose 3 times.
I wish I could be kidding, that place was nice on paper but with a nighmare-ish execution.

XD I think that could be solved with just... not having buildings look identical. With distinct architecture to serve as landmarks, it shouldn't get confusing to navigate an area. I think Lumiose mostly suffered from generic building syndrome.

Then where would we go to discuss things then? :( I don’t want harassment to continue either, but isn’t a lot of the fun in speculation? I like seeing other people’s opinions, even if I don’t always agree with them- other people might know something about the potential legitimacy that I don’t and that can help me decide whether I think a leak is plausible or not.
It’s not a perfect idea. There could be some way of letting some speculation without things getting messy (as in hundreds of pages of discussions).

Brotherhood of Leakers, Fellowship of Leakers, Guild of Leakers, League of Leakers, Society of Leakers, idk

We should lock the thread (like the last one :( )
This is a joke cause the last thread was mine and I spent all that time collecting and formatting leaks, and then it was shut down...

But less work for me so I am fine with it (cause now I can focus on more important things and don’t have to read through hundreds of horrible comments from “that site” when trying to find leaks),

So yes, I agree we shouldn’t post links to the leak source if it’s from “that site”, only pictures

It’s not a perfect idea. There could be some way of letting some speculation without things getting messy (as in hundreds of pages of discussions).

Brotherhood of Leakers, Fellowship of Leakers, Guild of Leakers, League of Leakers, Society of Leakers, idk
The Leaker League, equipped with their Rumor Radar, shall infiltrate the Faker Fort to put an end to this Misinformation Mania.

Kanto would have to have a visual overhaul that might as well make it a new region, especially if it is to be more natural like Alola was. I'm not sure it can be done just directly translating what already exists in the region. There would have to be more added, have places that are actually visually interesting.

Kanto would have to have a visual overhaul that might as well make it a new region, especially if it is to be more natural like Alola was. I'm not sure it can be done just directly translating what already exists in the region. There would have to be more added, have places that are actually visually interesting.
The way I see it, if they were to go so far as to add new Pokemon. I'm sure they will be changing parts of the region itself.

To be fair I honestly want a new region but as I'm replaying Yellow for the, dunno, 50th time already I find Kanto rather... comfy.
Not my favorite region so far and I wish they could kinda stop with that meta references buuuut yeah a full 3D expanded Kanto?

Maaaaybe.

Wouldn't a camera change and building a region around that be difficult for the developers? I dont know how much resources and time it takes for a change like that, but I'm pretty sure it would take longer than usual as they are re building everything from scratch. I highly doubt that's enough time for all that work unless they keep the fixed camera

But isn’t Kanto supposed to be the more industrial/urban area with some green spaces like the region around Tokyo with Johto being more natural and traditional based on tradition..

WAIT!

That’s it! That’s the new game! Tradition vs. innovation! Johto and Kanto are going to war!!!

Many sources seem to indicate a return to Kanto, all the recent info via leaks + gen 7 + the ending of USUM def seems like we are getting pushed in the right direction.

Only question is why and what can we expect that we haven’t already seen from Kanto before. I suppose the biggest challenge is adding story to a region that religiously had almost no story and very little to no character development. We’ve had a remake of Kanto in FRLG and a dedicated sequel in gold and silver, what else can they do ?

Wouldn't a camera change and building a region around that be difficult for the developers? I dont know how much resources and time it takes for a change like that, but I'm pretty sure it would take longer than usual as they are re building everything from scratch. I highly doubt that's enough time for all that work unless they keep the fixed camera

I don't think it would be very hard. The games now use 3D models, so they already exist in every possible perspective, as opposed to using tilesets (I believe that's what they use? It's what RPG maker uses, anyways), where overworld sprites and buildings only exist in top-down perspective. All that would be needed is just to allow the camera to roam freely.
Many sources seem to indicate a return to Kanto, all the recent info via leaks + gen 7 + the ending of USUM def seems like we are getting pushed in the right direction.

Only question is why
Because it's a common fan theory. The multiple sources all give conflicting information-they can't all be credible.

But isn’t Kanto supposed to be the more industrial/urban area with some green spaces like the region around Tokyo with Johto being more natural and traditional based on tradition..

WAIT!

That’s it! That’s the new game! Tradition vs. innovation! Johto and Kanto are going to war!!!
I think tradition vs. innovation is a recurring theme- Johto actually has it even without Kanto's involvement, with the contrast between Goldenrod and Ecruteak.

I don't think it would be very hard. The games now use 3D models, so they already exist in every possible perspective, as opposed to using tilesets (I believe that's what they use? It's what RPG maker uses, anyways), where overworld sprites and buildings only exist in top-down perspective. All that would be needed is just to allow the camera to roam freely.

hm you're right actually

the tradition vs innovation theme rumour actually would make sense if Kanto is the region and the games are a revisit. Old region (tradition) new gameplay features, Pokemon, areas, (innovation)

I'm not quite sure I follow why they would have to rebuild Kanto from scratch. To use an example of going from pixelated layout and sprites to full 3D, look at Hoenn. IIRC, ORAS probably took the hypothetical 3 years to make a main series game, maybe even less since they ready had experience with XY and the layout of Hoenn itself from Gen 3. Not sure of that's a good example, but it's what I thought of.

With that said, for Kanto and Johto they already have an existing layout. I suspect that the overworld graphics and 3D sprites for the Switch game will be similar to Gen 7, but a little more polished. So really, I don't see how they would necessarily have to start from scratch. Now if they add a bunch of new areas, that will be a little more work, but even then I don't think it would be that hard to do.

I think that's a bit much for their first game :3 Wouldn't mind that though.
Yeah I agree. That’s just me wildly shooting in the dark, but with these two new movies being made (I Choose You and Everyone’s Story) it kinda has me thinking.. like the idea of going back to Kanto or Johto and seeing every generation of Pokémon like in the movie.. that sounds like a pretty cool concept now that I think about it. Who knows, maybe these movies are promotions for the game.

Because it's a common fan theory. The multiple sources all give conflicting information-they can't all be credible.

What are the odds one is ? Its sorta weird because Gen 7 was very accurate leak wise.

So yeah after all I'm just going to wait for that something that is going to be revealed mid-late April... I hope we have something useful by that time too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom