• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it lost me at the cities being the size of Alola's islands. Like bro... those wee some big islands

Also can we not have Festival plaza, or anything like it, be a thing again? I mean i hardly used online, but that was baaad. Like, PSS was really good. Just bring something like that and we chill

How big is each island compared to Hoenn anyway? Hoenn seems to be somewhere in the middle of the size range for regions with Kalos being larger and Johto significantly smaller.

I think real time battles could definitely be done and the models probably wouldn't look any more terrible moving in battle than they do just running around behind you. I agree that it would take a lot of work to retool all of the moves and abilities, though... but man, I would love it if they did. I get so bored of turn-based. I want something like Kingdom Hearts' battle style, to feel more involved with the action instead of "okay I slap you, now you slap me" fights...

I completely understand. Perhaps there's a way to achieve some happy magical medium. I get bored easily with action RPGs (or perhaps its overwhelmed?) and there's just something I prefer about turn-based. I'm a huge fan of Persona as well. Instead of real-time battles, I would want something similar to the Pokeathalon with actual models instead of sprites. Something on the side that's fun and not serious.

My main wish for Pokemon battles is to implement actual boss battles. I thought that was what UBs would be, but I was wrong on that one. Totem Battles were a step in the right direction, though.

Last edited:
I meant moreso the first island as opposed to the fourth one sfkjf. I don't think that's super unreasonable given the switch hardware, + that first island isn't actually that large. Maybe not every town, but I could see a hub city similar to lumiose or castelia being around that size maybe

with a console that much more powerful that the 3DS it would be baffling to see them keep the same style of crowded, linear routes imo

How big is each island compared to Hoenn anyway? Hoenn seems to be somewhere in the middle of the size range for regions with Kalos being larger and Johto significantly smaller.

Now to me Hoenn seems bigger than Kalos, but idk. Been a while since i played both games. I would say though for a good comparison I'd say Akkala island (might be tied with UlaUla for this), which i consider the biggest island as it's quite large and has lot of places you can go. I would say size wise that would be about 4 of Hoenn's towns or cities. Then again, unsure, it's been a while

I completely understand. Perhaps there's a way to achieve some happy magical medium. I get bored easily with action RPGs (or perhaps its overwhelmed?) and there's just something I prefer about turn-based. I'm a huge fan of Persona as well. Instead of real-time battles, I would want something similar the Pokeathalon with actual models instead of sprites. Something on the side that's fun and not serious.

My main wish for Pokemon battles is to implement actual boss battles. I thought that was what UBs would be, but I was wrong on that one. Totem Battles were a step in the right direction, though.
I think the best happy medium would be optional gameplay... especially since they would have to retool how moves and abilities work for real time battles, why scrap the original system when you could just keep it around and offer them both?

I agree on the UBs, though, I was so disappointed by them- I actually liked them when I thought they were going to be powerful alien boss fights instead of just... more rare pokemon to catch, whoopdeedoo. Now I can't stand the damn things.

I think I known the potatoes means in that rumor. It's referring to Attack on Titan,because it's like mech but become one with monster.
attack on titan potato girl - Google Search:
search

About Pokemon Cookie and Pokemon Brownie?
Maybe the Cookie Monster-type pokemon will be the mascot for the Cookie version and there will be a pokemon that closely resemble to Pillsbury and the marshmallow man from the 80s Ghostbuster movie will be the Brownie's mascot.
LOL :D

To whoever said that "each city would be the size of an Alola island": Please don't. Pretty big cities in Pokémon is something I have never liked, specially since most of the time there's nothing interesting for me in them. Then again, the Lumiose disaster might have played some part in my dislike of them.

I'd rather the big cities in Pokemon have linearity to them, like Castelia City having places that you can explore but you can easily tell where is where just by the lane you decide to go to. Lumiose City was all wrong in the aspect of big cities in terms of easy exploration.

To whoever said that "each city would be the size of an Alola island": Please don't. Pretty big cities in Pokémon is something I have never liked, specially since most of the time there's nothing interesting for me in them. Then again, the Lumiose disaster might have played some part in my dislike of them.
I absolutely love large cities in pokemon - so lumiose was like a dream come true for me at the time, but the shape of the city itself meant I often got hopelessly lost.

I'd love a large city in gen 8, but please none the size of even the smallest alolan islands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom