• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So? Fake leaks get taken off or deleted all the time.

As do many legitimate leaks, so a rumour being deleted on its own doesn't give it any credibility or decredibility sadly. We wont know anything until that first reveal or if someone of influence / the OP gives more.

Here's the Melody and Symphony leak in case anyone wants to see it again:
Region is named the Armo region. Based off of Spain, and is heavily music themed

Grass starter is a mouse, Fire starter is a calf, Water is another duck

Legendaries are 2 birds. One is Flying/Fairy, and the other Flying/Fighting

There is a new part added into the game. Soul Songs. Can be used in and out of battle

Evil team, Team Ivory. They plan rid the world of pokemon entirely, using cybernetic machines designed to defeat pokemon.

A past character plays an important role to this story.

Like real or not, yes please can we have this. Spain is such a beautiful place to have a region off of, and having a music theme region? Like I need it now. I need it a million times now. I need it so much I'm not even making sense. The Soul Songs idea is really interesting, and that is a really interesting idea for a villian team. It makes you wonder if they will use Pokemon themselves. Also mouse grass starter sounds adorable.

I dont get why the Spain rumour lists grass mouse, fire calf and water is another duck. What is the previous duck the rumour is referring to ?

Ducklet, and Psyduck? We've had a few duck pokemon already

But we've had even more mouse inspired pokemon, that particular wording is really intriguing, unless its just referencing the fact that the water starter is a duck and is water like all the previous ducks. Its really awkward wording. To me it read like the leak was referring to another duck in the leak lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190110-043535_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20190110-043535_Twitter.jpg
    363.9 KB · Views: 109
I'm kinda rooting for starter silhouettes as our first look. I mean, on one hand, it would suck if that's all we get, but on the other hand, I missed out on the "this is totally what the starters look like" funny/neat art from Gen 5 (I think that's when they did it?). It would give us something to talk about (what animals they are, their types, etc) for a while, and it would tide me over if we don't get anything 'til mid-February or March, just based on how many different takes people can have on the same "blank slate" for lack of a better term. Anyone else?

Spain could work for the next region. And not just Spain but the whole Iberian Peninsula, for not just being a large landmass to explore like BOTW, but also the different environments, such as mountains and snow in the north, desert, Mediterranean resorts, And many more.

If UK, then the British Isles. Mountains, snow, forest, hills, countryside, and the Irish Sea to surf across.

Last edited:
Here's the Melody and Symphony leak in case anyone wants to see it again:
Region is named the Armo region. Based off of Spain, and is heavily music themed

Grass starter is a mouse, Fire starter is a calf, Water is another duck

Legendaries are 2 birds. One is Flying/Fairy, and the other Flying/Fighting

There is a new part added into the game. Soul Songs. Can be used in and out of battle

Evil team, Team Ivory. They plan rid the world of pokemon entirely, using cybernetic machines designed to defeat pokemon.

A past character plays an important role to this story.

I like Melody and Symphony as titles for the new games: better than Crown and Scepter or all the previous rumors. About the region (Armo, of "harmony" I suppose, because these games will have a lot to do with music), Spain could be a good proposal to place it due to the different environments that we could find throughout the adventure (Mediterranean coast, desert of Tabernas in Almería, where many westerns were filmed, the mountains and forests of the Basque Country, the Pyrenees as a separation between two regions, like Tohjo Falls ...). But the questions is.. Why a crown in LGPE? Well... As UK, Spain still has Monarchy, but ... What if Game Freak has placed the games in Medieval Spain and wants to tell about the Kalos War, or a prequel to it? According this rumour, the returning important character points to be AZ.

If the rumour is true, the grass one could be inspired by the apodemus sylvaticus, a very common mammal in Europe and the Mediterranean area. The fire starter's final stage could be a bull, the symbol of spanish culture. The water one... No idea. Exploring the possibilities about a fairy/flying legendary: in the cantabrian folklore there's a creature, the 'Caballucus del diablu', that fits this pokémon type: represented as hybrids between fairies and horses, they appear in St John's Eve flying among flames, smoke and emanations of sulfur product of the fury released after a whole year of continence. It would be a great idea a non-cutish fairy-type pokémon with a fire attack (or a fairy attack that can burn the opponent).

There's no charge for dreaming.

Because it looks cute on the mascots and is a reward for wealth.

The Strange Souvenir was very in-your-face about being tied to a future region. Absolutely nothing in the recent games comes close.
It might neither be Spain or the UK, but somewhere else.

It seems to me like people are looking too narrowly at the relation between the new region and Pokémon designs. What I mean by this is that it is immediately assumed that the inspiritation for the region directly correlates to the inspiration of the new Pokémon's designs. "A region based on England means there will be a dragon Pokémon, since European dragons appear in English lore." Sure, it might happen, but not every Pokémon design will be like that.

For example, who would've guessed that a walrus, an animal that only lives around the arctic areas, would be the inspiriration of a Pokémon debuting in a region based on Kyuushuu (southern Japan)? Even starters don't usually have a lot of direct connection with their region. Fennec foxes, the animal the Fennekin line is based on, doesn't live in France and Hawaii is not normally a region associated with cats or professional wrestling I don't think. It's almost never as straightforward as it seems with Pokémon. Then again, speculation is speculation and we have literally nothing to go off now anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom