• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder music will play big part in Gen 8,because I known U.K is famous for their Punk rock and rock music. I heard fairies are very well known for being musical beings.

I could see the main character will turn out to be a pokmon changeling,because changelings are fairy or demon doppelganger that took the human child's place after fairies steals a child away to faerieland in folklore. I known, it sounds really dark.

It doesn't sound that dark, honestly. But I'm plenty familiar with that particular folklore.

Also sounds like a reversed Mystery Dungeon with the main character really being a person/pokemon thing.

Rotom also said it being a Far Away Region, which I've never heard nor known similar towards an area where it is yet made a Region.

Does anyone known of similar in past episodes of the anime?
Well no, but they wanted to make the Sherlock reference and what else were they going to refer to it as?

The closest I can think of is in Zoroark: Master of Illusions when Ash says that he will visit Zorua/Zoroark's homeland one day (aka Unova) but we already saw it coming at that point and Ash made no promise of visiting this "far away region"- if he showed any real interest in going there, I would maybe consider it a hint, but they really made no suggestion that anyone wanted to be there.

I could see the main character will turn out to be a pokmon changeling,because changelings are fairy or demon doppelganger that took the human child's place after fairies steals a child away to faerieland in folklore. I known, it sounds really dark.
I can't see them having the main character actually be a pokemon equivalent of a fairy type ditto. I think that'd be a bit too out there. Though having the villain of the games being something like this could work. Like the pokemon chose to be raised as a human and happened to get stuck with seeing and feeling the worst parts of humanity and being like "nope, telling my parents (box legendaries?) y'all need to go." But that's a bit too much like Black and White's kinda deal to be honest.

@LunarCaliber I'm the same way with faeries! I've got figurines and books too! What a cool coincidence. :)

It doesn't sound that dark, honestly. But I'm plenty familiar with that particular folklore.

Also sounds like a reversed Mystery Dungeon with the main character really being a person/pokemon thing.

Well no, but they wanted to make the Sherlock reference and what else were they going to refer to it as?

The closest I can think of is in Zoroark: Master of Illusions when Ash says that he will visit Zorua/Zoroark's homeland one day (aka Unova) but we already saw it coming at that point and Ash made no promise of visiting this "far away region"- if he showed any real interest in going there, I would maybe consider it a hint, but they really made no suggestion that anyone wanted to be there.

It could possibly be a hint to Detective Pikachu.

Shouldn't we be discussing that solar system rumor a bit more. I think it warrants a little more looking into?

Well, There's a lot of dark stuff about them that people shouldn't know about them. I heard they lures travellers to death or lure them into fairyland through their music. I even heard there's flesh-eating mermaids.

It could possibly be a hint to Detective Pikachu.
I don't see why it would be, since there's no clear connection there.

Well, There's a lot of dark stuff about them that people shouldn't know about them. I heard they lures travellers to death or lure them into fairyland through their music. I even heard there's flesh-eating mermaids.
All very very very common myths, yes.

I don't see why it would be, since there's no clear connection there.

All very very very common myths, yes.
It's better than turning into a frog or being sleepy beauty for eternity or having wicked step-mother and step-siblings. I am glad I am not into those Disney's fairies and princesses.

It's better than turning into a frog or being sleepy beauty for eternity or having wicked step-mother and step-siblings. I am glad I am not into those Disney's fairies and princesses.
That's because they use the censored versions of those stories, and sometimes I don't know if I prefer the saccharine new version or the ultra dark original version.

I think it'd be much more likely for that to be the rival or a person on the enemy team, not the protagonist.

Detective Pikachu is said to be filmed in London, so that's most likely.
I mean there's no reference to Detective Pikachu, no mention of Detective Pikachu- the only similarity would be setting, and most people watching aren't going to make that connection to the film now or after the fact, because they don't refer to it as Ryme City in the anime, do they? There is no point in the animation team making an extremely vague hint to the live action movie, so odds are that they didn't- they just made a reference to a famous detective character in an episode focused around their famous detective character.

I mean there's no reference to Detective Pikachu, no mention of Detective Pikachu- the only similarity would be setting, and most people watching aren't going to make that connection to the film now or after the fact, because they don't refer to it as Ryme City in the anime, do they? There is no point in the animation team making an extremely vague hint to the live action movie, so odds are that they didn't- they just made a reference to a famous detective character in an episode focused around their famous detective character.
Which makes the scene all the more an evidence within the Gen 8 speculations, alongside Spain, SE Asia, China, South America and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom