• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heeeeey let's maybe move far away from the Giratina debate and discuss something cuddly- like what rodent haven't they made a pikaclone of yet?

Capybara's on the list, we can start there.
Please just give it a cool secondary typing such as Water or Grass since:

Its common name is derived from Tupi ka'apiûara, a complex agglutination of kaá (leaf) + píi (slender) + ú(eat) + ara (a suffix for agent nouns), meaning "one who eats slender leaves", or "grass-eater".[3]Capybaras were called several times "Cuartins" in Colombia in 2018: in Eje Cafetero (Alcalà) and near Barranquilla where the meat was offered as "Cuartin Asado".

The scientific name, both hydrochoerus and hydrochaeris, comes from Greek ὕδωρ (hydor"water") and χοῖρος (choiros "pig, hog").
- Wikipedia

Please just give it a cool secondary typing such as Water or Grass since:

Its common name is derived from Tupi ka'apiûara, a complex agglutination of kaá (leaf) + píi (slender) + ú(eat) + ara (a suffix for agent nouns), meaning "one who eats slender leaves", or "grass-eater".[3]Capybaras were called several times "Cuartins" in Colombia in 2018: in Eje Cafetero (Alcalà) and near Barranquilla where the meat was offered as "Cuartin Asado".

The scientific name, both hydrochoerus and hydrochaeris, comes from Greek ὕδωρ (hydor"water") and χοῖρος (choiros "pig, hog").
- Wikipedia
Oooooh even more reason it could be Electric/Water!

And just imagine, it would probably be the biggest of the pika cousins. XD

Gen 2 added Baby prevolutions allowing otherwise unattainable moves
Gen 3 abilities
Gen 4 made alternate formes widely available and extra additional evolutions
Gen 5 - ??? (didn't add anything)
Gen 6 - Mega Evolutions
Gen 7 - Z Moves & Alola Forms

So it's likely that Gen 8 will add some sort of power-up to some or all Pokemon, the only Gen that didn't add anything was Gen 5, because it was adding all the brand new Pokemon, which you've also expressed a dislike for, so I think you may end up disappointed.

Gen 5 added Hidden abilities and those type gems which were basically a beta version of Z-moves.

Pikaclones are electric-types, though. D=
It may not be the pikaclone... i have noticed pikaclones are small mouse-y in appearance. I know that they aren't all "mice" but...they look mouse-y to me in the head area and all are small unless im forgetting one. Capybara's are large and dont look mouse-y to me. I just assumed when I first saw Masuda's tweets, that it would be the "Quagsire" of the region.

Could get a pika beaver- that sure would be something else.

Already got a beaver with bidoof, though, so it's not my top pick.

It may not be the pikaclone... i have noticed pikaclones are small mouse-y in appearance. I know that they aren't all "mice" but...they look mouse-y to me in the head area and all are small unless im forgetting one. Capybara's are large and dont look mouse-y to me. I just assumed when I first saw Masuda's tweets, that it would be the "Quagsire" of the region.

Capybara is a rodent, though! So it would be pretty neat to get one big as heck pikaclone this gen. XD

Heeeeey let's maybe move far away from the Giratina debate and discuss something cuddly- like what rodent haven't they made a pikaclone of yet?

Capybara's on the list, we can start there.
How about a bird instead? A Cockatiel, they can call it Cockachu…you know they’ve got the cheeks for it.

Maybe a Gopher? We’ve gotten Ground/Electric but not Electric/Ground yet, it’d be interesting to see if they could do anything with their cheeks being able to turn inside-out and/or them being fur-lined; maybe they could shoot electricity out of their mouths instead of from their whole bodies?

It's strange for me, I cannot describe this with words...
But whenever Pokemon comes out, it always has some sort of coincidental theme that appear at the same time...

Gen 4: Piplup, Prinplup and Empoleon (Penguins) March of the Penguins and Happy Feet.
Gen 6: Kalos (France) The Smurfs 2.
Gen 7: Alola (Oceania) Moana.

There were plans for a Disney animated film set in Spain called 'Gigantic' that was said to come out 2020 before being canned, so if Gen 8 would be based in Spain, then that would eerily match up.

Could get a pika beaver- that sure would be something else.

Already got a beaver with bidoof, though, so it's not my top pick.

Capybara is a rodent, though! So it would be pretty neat to get one big as heck pikaclone this gen. XD

hey, i'd welcome any kind of capybara pokemon! Super cute! ...but i just dont think it would be pika-clone :)
I wouldnt mind another beaver...that looked different and had a different typing..

I am actually kind of surprised they haven't done a hamster one. I dont know how popular they are in japan, but they are common pets in some countries.

Well, for hamsters/gerbils, we do have Dedenne?
i forgot about him!! yeah he does work.. but lacks the stubby tail. I was thinking that if they made a hamster pokemon that they would do something with the pouch-y cheeks in design/ability/battle

edit: wild hamster
Hamster%2Bbites%2Bmore%2Bthan%2Bchew%2Bscurries%2Bacross%2Bcemetery%2Bfood%2Bstored%2Bits%2Bcheek%2Bpouches%2B4.jpg

Guinea Pig even.

It would make sense if it's a UK region because Queen Elizabeth I had a pet Guinea Pig as an exotic pet.

Guinea Pig even.

It would make sense if it's a UK region because Queen Elizabeth I had a pet Guinea Pig as an exotic pet.

a little off topic but if they do a UK region i do hope for a Pomeranian dog pokemon line. One of their Queens I think, miniaturized them. They use to be 30lb dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom