• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's important to keep in mind that we don't necessarily need a pokemon direct for our first news. Yeah, a pokemon direct will most likely happen to actually drop the reveal trailer and formal announcement, but IMO at least, a new pokemon reveal, or just something "new" could happen much sooner (magearna reveal for example) which is just as exciting and we know it would be related to generation 8 anyways.

While insiders and stuff may be aware of directs, I honestly doubt any of them have knowledge of reveals specific to pokemon

it's important to keep in mind that we don't necessarily need a pokemon direct for our first news. Yeah, a pokemon direct will most likely happen to actually drop the reveal trailer and formal announcement, but IMO at least, a new pokemon reveal, or just something "new" could happen much sooner (magearna reveal for example) which is just as exciting and we know it would be related to generation 8 anyways.

While insiders and stuff may be aware of directs, I honestly doubt any of them have knowledge of reveals specific to pokemon
I think this is a good point- considering how little they've teased the Mewtwo movie so far, I imagine that the next big pokemon news will be a proper trailer, rather than a game reveal. We're probably more likely to see a new pokemon revealed via that ahead of a game announcement.

Jeeez first it was Bible passages and now it’s talk of colonization.

I swear I’m not trying to play the role of buzzkill here but linking potential new Pokémon regions to existing Pokémon regions via things like colonization, wars, religion... it’s sooooo far beyond just speculation, it’s a fundamental misunderstanding of what Game Freak look for/look at when choosing inspiration for a new region.

Anything along the lines of ‘oh hey a Spain-inspired region would work well alongside the Unova remakes because Spanish explorers were some of the first to strip the native people of their land’ or ‘oh a UK-Inspired region would work better with Unova because those pesky Brits totally tried to make America into Great Britain 2.0 remember how much fun that was for everyone involved?!’

Just... just no. Please no more.

France has some seriously dark s*** in its history (like all nations) and guess what... Game Freak left it aaaaallll out because hmmm oh yeah it’s a game mainly designed for young children.

I guess my point is, there’s 1. speculation and 2. Complete and utter nonsense.

Lmao @ Pixelpar's blatant baiting then whining when people bite the bait.

You have the nerve. There's taking something too seriously, and there's blatantly baiting.

This just makes me believe that he's full of BS even more.

As for regions, I think people need to remember that Game Freak have taken a lot of creative liberties in their designs in the past. Unova had a large desert in the middle of it, and they rotated Kyushu to make Hoenn. They don't have to strictly stick to the real world locales, and they're certainly not going to elaborate too deeply on real world history that may been seen as controversial or inappropriate.

I think this is a good point- considering how little they've teased the Mewtwo movie so far, I imagine that the next big pokemon news will be a proper trailer, rather than a game reveal. We're probably more likely to see a new pokemon revealed via that ahead of a game announcement.

My bet is on the Feb CoroCoro issue, that issue almost always has new movie news, and new Pokemon reveals.

Well, "speculation" is in the thread's title. Also, knowing that a game is coming but having no other info does that to this thread. I mean, as long as this doesn't devolve into a "bash the new game" thread like it almost happened when LGPE was revealed I don't see anything wrong with it.

If you re-read my comment you’ll see I’m not bashing ‘speculation’ - that would be odd in a speculation thread.

My point is that actually, not everything can be allowed to come under the umbrella of ‘speculation’, surely? The thread is for discussing leaks and rumours, not whether it’s more logical to link one genocide with Unova or a different genocide with Unova.

I do wonder how much longer they intend to keep us waiting before news drops.

Yes; I am trying to figure out, where they do have Pokemon Day coming up in just over a month, would they want to reveal the titles before then or could they have a special trailer with both the titles and some sort of audiovisual preview on the day?? :) :)

Lmao @ Pixelpar's blatant baiting then whining when people bite the bait.

This just makes me believe that he's full of BS even more.

What baiting? He didn't say that he was hiding any pokemon hints after LGPE- is he not allowed to post gifs now because people read too much into everything he posts?

I swear I’m not trying to play the role of buzzkill here but linking potential new Pokémon regions to existing Pokémon regions via things like colonization, wars, religion... it’s sooooo far beyond just speculation, it’s a fundamental misunderstanding of what Game Freak look for/look at when choosing inspiration for a new region.

Anything along the lines of ‘oh hey a Spain-inspired region would work well alongside the Unova remakes because Spanish explorers were some of the first to strip the native people of their land’ or ‘oh a UK-Inspired region would work better with Unova because those pesky Brits totally tried to make America into Great Britain 2.0 remember how much fun that was for everyone involved?!’

France has some seriously dark s*** in its history (like all nations) and guess what... Game Freak left it aaaaallll out because hmmm oh yeah it’s a game mainly designed for young children.

Mhm. I'm pretty sure the reasons they gave for choosing Hawaii as the basis for sun and moon was "Hawaii is popular with japanese tourists" and "Hawaii lifestyle fits the theme of what we were trying to do with sun/moon"

Very, very, very, very different mindset than reasons pertaining to the areas history, religion, politics, etc.

Isn't Team Flare loosely based on Nazis? They did try to commit a genocide and they seemed to believe in a master race of sorts so its not out of the question for GameFreak to have dark themes in their games when they have already done so.

Isn't Team Flare loosely based on Nazis? They did try to commit a genocide and they seemed to believe in a master race of sorts so its not out of the question for GameFreak to have dark themes in their games when they have already done so.

Not to mention that Team Plasma has a lot of likenesses with the christian crusaders physically with the outfits and psychologically especially with their philosophy of controlling the masses and their symbol being close to another symbol from that era.

"Wanting to destroy everyone but those on their side" is a pretty typical supervillain motivation. They never said anything about a master race, and their attempted attack wasn't directed at a specific group of people because of their heritage. Touching on death is one thing, but all the horrors of the holocaust-starvation, the level of violence, concentration camps-are something else, and not likely to appear in Pokemon.
the christian crusaders physically with the outfits and psychologically especially with their philosophy of controlling the masses and their symbol being close to another symbol from that era.
They're based on medieval knights, which is also when the crusades took place. That's why the resemble them.

Also, "controlling the masses"? Wanting to spread a belief isn't unique to the crusades.

Last edited:

Just a note:

PixelPar has made it clear that he has no inside information on a possible January Direct, he's posting those stuffs because he is as eager as we are.

He has a game fansite now, that is his personal twitter account, and he is also a Nintendo/Pokémon fan like us. There's no bait, people are just deluding themselves.

Just a note:

PixelPar has made it clear that he has no inside information on a possible January Direct, he's posting those stuffs because he is as eager as we are.

He has a game fansite now, that is his personal twitter account, and he is also a Nintendo/Pokémon fan like us. There's no bait, people are just deluding themselves.

That may be, but when you've cultivated a rep for posting cryptic tweets with hints in you can't then turn around and complain that people read too much into your tweets looking for hints.

"Wanting to destroy everyone but those on their side" is a pretty typical supervillain motivation. They never said anything about a master race, and their attempted attack wasn't directed at a specific group of people because of their heritage.

They're based on medieval knights, which is also when the crusades took place. That's why the resemble them.

Also, "controlling the masses"? Wanting to spread a belief isn't unique to the crusades.

No it's not unique to the crusades it's been throughout history, but that very same middle eastern religion is one of the most famous for the mass controlling.

People think that Team Flare are based on the Nazis? Really? Even though they were only going to save the people that paid money and wear that ridiculous outfit and everyone else, no matter their beliefs or race, was going to get killed? Aren't they, like someone said, closer to "cartoon villains" than "racist pricks"? Yes, I'm oversimplifying nazism, but if I didn't, I would use way, way more expletives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom