• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
April 9th - Black/White reveal.
February 26th - Black2/White2 reveal.
January 8th - XY reveal.
May 7th - Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire reveal.
February 26th - Sun/Moon reveal.
June 6th - Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon reveal.

April, January and February for new generation reveals. I don't see a pattern here, but it doesn't seem likely that January will be the month, at all.

black and white were technically announced in January. In january of that year they pretty much said "we're working on a generation for this year" ,revealed zorua in febuary, then revealed the titles and more info in April

I don't believe we will get any news in Janurary. LGPE came out really recently for the Switch so I think they will want to ride that game out for a few more months, placing Gen 8 news around March/April. I would suspect we would get news after the new movie or during new movie promotion as well.

We also haven't gotten any trademark things going around, and we're halfway through January. So I highly doubt we will get news this month.

-Greece: Same as Italy, but without that much potential in terms of diversity in landscapes.

Greece has plenty of diversity. Snowy mountains, volcanos, grasslands, forests, the sand dunes of Lemnos, both a mainland and islands. There is also diversity in the climate: harsh winters, hot summers, wet areas and dry/windy areas, depending on different regions of Greece.

Game Freak always takes some liberties anyway, so they can make most real-life places work as Pokemon regions.

Don’t take this the wrong way - I just live in Greece and wanted to clarify. I know a lot of people only know Greece as that “summer vacation place”.

Not because of the history, but the geographic location. Only a small coast on the north and besides that too many green forests and hills. The castles and lakes could spice the region up, but there are other countries which has more to offer landscape wise.

Greece: Same as Italy, but without that much potential in terms of diversity in landscapes.

It's cold yes, but when I hear Canada, then I don't think off anything historical.

Unova is a literal living contradiction to all of these points. New York isn’t geographically diverse nor it is particularly historical.

Unova is a literal living contradiction to all of these points. New York isn’t geographically diverse nor it is particularly historical.
Unova isn't even based on New York- it's based on part of New York. Manhattan definitely isn't that geographically diverse. So like- even worse. XD

Any country (or city, state, province, etc.) could work but one thing I think should be considered is the shape has to work for a pokemon game.

Ill personally take any country as a inspired region, I just want the challenge mode to return and higher base AI to be a thing lol

If theres a focus on exploration, Ill be satisfied.

Yes :) I have been playing a mod/hack called Crystal Clear , which Freak-Pokemon is also aware of and has already played. There is an interesting adjustment made (because it has changed the format to open world, possibly moreso than Gen 8 could be) which is that you can always run from wild Pokemon battles.

Due to this it becomes possible to explore many areas without ever being locked into battles with much higher level Pokemon. Of course, it does mean that repels will not work so they still provide a challenge/unique obstacle if trying to explore for example Cerulean Cave when at too low a level.

I do wonder if that specific gameplay change could happen in gen 8, and then within a challenge mode it would perhaps be possible to be unable to escape higher leveled battles or even not have RUN as an option!

Unova isn't even based on New York- it's based on part of New York. Manhattan definitely isn't that geographically diverse. So like- even worse. XD

Any country (or city, state, province, etc.) could work but one thing I think should be considered is the shape has to work for a pokemon game.

Is it? I always thought it was supposed to be all of NYC and the middle part with castelia is manhattan. So everything from Nuvema to Nacrene would basically be in Brooklyn.

Greece has plenty of diversity. Snowy mountains, volcanos, grasslands, forests, the sand dunes of Lemnos, both a mainland and islands. There is also diversity in the climate: harsh winters, hot summers, wet areas and dry/windy areas, depending on different regions of Greece.

Game Freak always takes some liberties anyway, so they can make most real-life places work as Pokemon regions.

Don’t take this the wrong way - I just live in Greece and wanted to clarify. I know a lot of people only know Greece as that “summer vacation place”.

Off-topic, but I heard last week that it snowed in Athens. It wasn't much, but it was more than we can get where I live. *sigh* Of course, that is rare in Athens, so I don't know that it says much.

Greece is an interesting region idea, but I think there would be some backlash to another region split into so many islands. At least Western Greece has some significant land masses, but still. I most certainly don't want another region split up into islands like Alola.

As for this discussion on GF taking a lot of liberties with each region they choose, that is true. Unova had deserts and also even a tropical locale. Still no matter how many liberties they take, a region like Alola is definitively tropical. That makes me still very opinionated on regions chosen. I don't want anything tropical. I don't care if there are snowy mountains, it doesn't make the region more interesting to me, just like it didn't Alola.

Pity, one could have had some fun with the Black Death in Kalosian history.[/QUOTE
Well, they added Spritzee and Aromatisse that look like they are wearing plague doctor masks (there's a chance it's a coincidence), but I think that's as far as they will go.
Yveltal is also based on the Black Plague, as it’s beak also looks like a plague doctor.

No problem. And of course Greece has has much diversity. Sorry if you thought something else. Just was comparing it to other countries.

Off-topic, but I heard last week that it snowed in Athens. It wasn't much, but it was more than we can get where I live. *sigh* Of course, that is rare in Athens, so I don't know that it says much.

It snowed indeed, but it was gone the next day. :LOL:

Although I want a region based on Greece, I don't necessarily want it for Gen 8. The next region should be as different from Alola as possible. Preferably I'd like a cold region. Though knowing that Sinnoh remakes might happen in the upcoming generation, perhaps picking a balanced (not sure what to call it) region might be the better choice.

It snowed indeed, but it was gone the next day. :LOL:

Although I want a region based on Greece, I don't necessarily want it for Gen 8. The next region should be as different from Alola as possible. Preferably I'd like a cold region. Though knowing that Sinnoh remakes might happen in the upcoming generation, perhaps picking a balanced (not sure what to call it) region might be the better choice.
Temperate or oceanic, maybe? I don't think we will go the stark opposite of tropical.

You know what I want? More magical creatures like those we see in Harry Potter. Vampires, elves, goblins, zombies, European dragons, etc...

Ugh...Call me crazy, but give me the Pokemon anime, Star Wars, or Lord of the Rings any day over Harry Potter. To each his own, I suppose.

Ugh...Call me crazy, but give me the Pokemon anime, Star Wars, or Lord of the Rings any day over Harry Potter. To each his own, I suppose.
It was just given as an example of the kind of creatures they want. XD And it's a pretty good example- I mean Lord of the Rings had much of the same things, but really a lot less of them compared to Harry Potter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom