• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys I had an idea! maybe GF is waiting for this thread to be deleted or this forum to crash to announce the games! If you think about it, always this forum crashes or something like that, there are announcements, LET'S MAKE IT HAPPENS!

/s

Well the forums are going down in the next few days to upgrade to XenForo 2.

I just want a Karakasa-obake Pokemon, please I need it!
6e8979d28a1a2cae22a3b5016221f0101439180771_full.jpg

OMG! That's perfect for a ** region with all that rain going on there. :sneaky:

Huh it must've been similar timings because my Twitter had them as the same amount of days ago at one point, weird. The ending date still ends on March 17th here in the US and potentially March 18th in Japan depending on timing. They've been all over the place in that regard, from noon to 7pm so it seems to be aimed at the US and Europe markets as most of these would be very early AM in Japan
Ill have to look around when i get on a computer next to see if pokemon japan is doing something too.
As for focus on all the starters, that seems to be for everyone. Poketimes is offically pokemon and thier page is all in japanese. Its that page that is havong the giveaway (now over). Its also the page with the trailer of all the starters in a similar format to other trailers that were released on the past as hints according to ruffled rowlet. I had it listed at the bottom of the list of tweets a few pages ago from poketimes.

I've actually had an idea for an ultimate Pokemon game. It's a revamp idea for Pokemon Myth and Legend.

It takes place on a large uncharted landmass called the Atlas Region, which is home to the most rarest and legendary of all Pokemon. Even the Starters are considered Legendary. The region has a culture of it's own, and is home to Legendary League. You start off doing some errands, when you were roped in of helping the Pokemon Professor fight against Team Abyss who were after the starters. You were given one to help fight against them. After defeating them, Professor Magnolia asks of you to accompany her to her lab. But before following, you were confronted by a mysterious figure that tells the player that he has high hopes for them in the future. You were then tasked of filling the Pokedex of the rare and legendary Pokemon that are found nowhere else in the world, or are exceedingly rare in other parts of the world.

The Legendary League consists of one Gym Leader, one Elite Four and one Champion of each Region, all patterned to mimic the 8 Gym Leaders.

Kanohto Badge: Blue (Myth), Lance (Legend)
Hoenn Badge: Steven (Legend), Wallace (Myth)
Sinnoh Badge: Cynthia
Unova Badge: Alder (Myth), Iris (Legend)
Kalos Badge: Diantha
Alola Badge: Sun (Legend), Moon (Myth)
Gen 8's Badge: ???
Gen 9's Badge: ???

The League consists of four Supreme Masters that are beyond imagination, with Legendary Pokemon of their own. The Pokemon Master, in place of the Champion for the entire League is the mysterious figure that the player met earlier on and had been a help of thwarting Team Abyss's goals of total annihilation of the entire world. His main Pokemon is an Arceus and is the hardest by having all his 6 mixed type Pokemon Level 100. An ultimate challenge to face.

I checked the japanese twitter account (ポケモン公式ツイッター (@Pokemon_cojp) on Twitter) and there’s no countdown of the starters.

Seems like it’s only the English account doing it. In other words, it means nothing.
Why is everyone so quick to throw out everything so fast around here? Usually in marketing and brand management you don't just wake up one morning and say hey this will be fun let's just do this. No everything has an end goal, and this Pokemon fact of the day has a behind the scenes reason for it. They're last game focused on Eevee and Pikachu, the movie is Pikachu, the next game is a whole new gen and out of the blue they decide to randomly start highlighting the original starters? That's not nothing. It could just be for the plushie line, but it's certainly for something.

I've actually had an idea for an ultimate Pokemon game. It's a revamp idea for Pokemon Myth and Legend.

It takes place on a large uncharted landmass called the Atlas Region, which is home to the most rarest and legendary of all Pokemon. Even the Starters are considered Legendary. The region has a culture of it's own, and is home to Legendary League. You start off doing some errands, when you were roped in of helping the Pokemon Professor fight against Team Abyss who were after the starters. You were given one to help fight against them. After defeating them, Professor Magnolia asks of you to accompany her to her lab. But before following, you were confronted by a mysterious figure that tells the player that he has high hopes for them in the future. You were then tasked of filling the Pokedex of the rare and legendary Pokemon that are found nowhere else in the world, or are exceedingly rare in other parts of the world.

The Legendary League consists of one Gym Leader, one Elite Four and one Champion of each Region, all patterned to mimic the 8 Gym Leaders.

Kanohto Badge: Blue (Myth), Lance (Legend)
Hoenn Badge: Steven (Legend), Wallace (Myth)
Sinnoh Badge: Cynthia
Unova Badge: Alder (Myth), Iris (Legend)
Kalos Badge: Diantha
Alola Badge: Sun (Legend), Moon (Myth)
Gen 8's Badge: ???
Gen 9's Badge: ???

The League consists of four Supreme Masters that are beyond imagination, with Legendary Pokemon of their own. The Pokemon Master, in place of the Champion for the entire League is the mysterious figure that the player met earlier on and had been a help of thwarting Team Abyss's goals of total annihilation of the entire world. His main Pokemon is an Arceus and is the hardest by having all his 6 mixed type Pokemon Level 100. An ultimate challenge to face.

If everything’s legendary then isn’t the whole point of legendary taken away?

A Rattata would probably end up being the actual legendary in such an area in some time due to its rarity.

Why is everyone so quick to throw out everything so fast around here?
Because not everything posted on Twitter is some cryptic hint at an announcement?

This a series of posts from the English account, not the main Japanese one. If this was hinting at an announcement date it would have been posted on the Japanese account too.
but it's certainly for something.
Yes, it’s for promoting LGPE. Nothing more, nothing less.

Because not everything posted on Twitter is some cryptic hint at an announcement?

This a series of posts from the English account, not the main Japanese one. If this was hinting at an announcement date it would have been posted on the Japanese account too.

Yes, it’s for promoting LGPE. Nothing more, nothing less.
Lol so why are we all here if we're not going to speculate and just crush anything we find right away? It could very well be a marketing ploy for lgpe, but again we need to ask are they going to highlight all 151? Does a 6 month marketing scheme really make sense when you have a new gen coming out and most surely will be running it's on marketing at the same time. How about this, we wait until we see what is after Blastoise before we just toss this away as nothing

well there are people who are theorzing about the style of this trailer that is on an pokemon account for the japanese audience that is officially owned by pokemon.
beyond that theory, its just a trailer advertising for the plush giveaway because of the line of starter plushes of the last evolution being released. (Japan pokemon.co.jp )

View: https://twitter.com/poke_times/status/1086586668482785281

i thought that perhaps there was something more going on with the fact posts on the pokemon twitter account that seem to tie with the trailer.
however now that I am on an actual computer and I can look for myself, this english pokemon twitter account that is posting the daily facts of the starters is not geared towards the US/Europe, but rather it states on the account: " The official international Pokémon Twitter account. Get the latest Pokémon news straight from the source! Customer service: http://Pokemon.com/Support "

International. Pokémon (@Pokemon) | Twitter

Lol so why are we all here if we're not going to speculate and just crush anything we find right away?
We are speculating. That doesn’t mean we should over analyze every little thing TPC or GF posts on Twitter as if it has some deeper meaning into it. We’d still be staring at Masuda’s lunch if that was the case.

We are speculating. That doesn’t mean we should over analyze every little thing TPC or GF posts on Twitter as if it has some deeper meaning into it. We’d still be staring at Masuda’s lunch if that was the case.
Clearly there is a difference there. One is a personal post, the other is a company's official Twitter(As someone just pointed out it's actually not just US/europe but international Twitter no less). Yes examining someone's lunch for clues is a bit absurd, but examining a company's marketing is a sure fire way of understanding their train of thought and which way they're heading. Why is it so unreasonable to admit there could be something here but we won't know until Wednesday where this is going? I think I'm done with this thread, something we can actually talk about and it's thrown right out the window and instead we have Bible talks, great age debates, and my favorite Pokemon is: posts instead. You all have fun.

Clearly there is a difference there. One is a personal post, the other is a company's official Twitter(As someone just pointed out it's actually not just US/europe but international Twitter no less). Yes examining someone's lunch for clues is a bit absurd, but examining a company's marketing is a sure fire way of understanding their train of thought and which way they're heading. Why is it so unreasonable to admit there could be something here but we won't know until Wednesday where this is going? I think I'm done with this thread, something we can actually talk about and it's thrown right out the window and instead we have Bible talks, great age debates, and my favorite Pokemon is: posts instead. You all have fun.
Look, I absolutely wasn’t trying to “crush” anything and I apologize if i came off that way. I was just giving my opinion.

And to be fair, i think the majority here doesn’t like when the thread starts getting derailed by political or religious debates either.

Hasn’t the entire thing ended up being advertisement for a plush giveaway? So it does have a purpose.
Not sure on the details of the plush giveaway, but it does line up fairly well.

I was not fond at all when people began looking for UK hints in literally everything. I just found it strange that one place's claim was thrown so out of proportion while other people who raised points for other places quickly got sidelined.

I checked the japanese twitter account (ポケモン公式ツイッター (@Pokemon_cojp) on Twitter) and there’s no countdown of the starters.

Seems like it’s only the English account doing it. In other words, it means nothing.

Look, I absolutely wasn’t trying to “crush” anything and I apologize if i came off that way. I was just giving my opinion.

And to be fair, i think the majority here doesn’t like when the thread starts getting derailed by political or religious debates either.

I agree that an overwhelming majority dislikes when people start bringing politics and religion in here. I think there is really only one significant offender in that regard (excluding that bizarre NI debate earlier) and the reception to their posts hasn't exactly been stellar.

While I agree that the fact that Pokémon's Japanese Twitter is not participating definitely reduces the chances of these posts being meaningful, I don't think we should completely write off the possibility. The international/English Pokémon Twitter/marketing team would surely know when the announcement drops and they could run their own countdown to that day independent of JP marketing - right? Not that it's especially likely but I don't think it's Farfetch'd (pun most certainly intended) either.

Last edited:
【公式】ポケモン情報局 (@poke_times) | Twitter is offically owned by Pokemon and targeted at Japan however and has the last evolutions of all starters plush trailer.

"
【Official】 Pokemon Information Bureau Verified account
@ poke_times
Pokemon Official Account # Pokemon Information Office . We will disseminate information that makes Pokemon more enjoyable, including latest information and topics of concern. © 2019 Pokémon. © 1995-2019 Nintendo / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc.

pokemon.co.jp
Joined April 2018
Born April 24
"

View: https://twitter.com/poke_times/status/1086586668482785281

I apologize if this sounds repetitive about I just want to make sure it is noted that This is official and for Japan's audience. I understand that the other Pokemon Japan's account doesnt have anything about the starters at all. So the Audience of Japan does have some sort of Starter campaign too. However since the plush giveaway was going on it could have been only for that or have a duel purpose. I mean, I think its a little much to have a trailer of the starters evolving just for a plush giveaway. And of course I can't read Japanese so I dont know what the actual trailer says. If someone could read it they could tell us if the trailer actually has "plush" in it or if its just simply about the starters.
The International account does not have this trailer of all the Starters evolving but instead has the facts posted everyday for each starter's evolution.
assuming of course they will continue to Chikorita after Blastoise. Which I do think they will.
I do wonder if this a count down if they will have a wrap up post of the starters after the last fact has been posted, or if they will simply post the overall starter trailer that poketimes has posted on their account.

edit: nvm the very end of the video has a picture of all the plushes (facepalm2x) sorry

either way, Japan's audience does have that for Starter pokemon which has ended.

Twitter account "Pokemon Information Bureau" holds follow-and-retweet campaign!
Follow "Pokemon Information Bureau" Follow · Final evolution of three Pokemon who will become partner of the hero in the successive "Pocket Monsters" for 3 people in lottery among those who retweet subject tweets A stuffed doll of shape is made into a set of all 21 kinds and gifts!
The campaign period is from January 11 (Fri) to 20 th (Sunday). Because the target tweets are divided twice and tweeted, please check Twitter by all means!

■ How to participate in the campaign, here!
(1) On Twitter, follow the "Pokemon Information Bureau" account (@poke_times)!
Pokemon Information Bureau (@poke_times)
(2) Retweet tweets about campaigns posted after Friday, January 11!
(3) From the person who retweeted to 3 people by lottery, gifts of the final evolutionary form of Pokemon of the past part · all 21 kinds are gifted as a set!

フォロー&RTキャンペーンで、ぬいぐるみのセットを抽選で3名様にプレゼント! | ポケットモンスターオフィシャルサイト

Last edited:
In-Thread: 1/21/19
Hey spectators!

Just want to remind you all to stay on topic! While discussion of nations and cultures relevant to spectating is fine, such discussion can cause tension and derail the thread. Keep discussions relevant to leaks and speculation.

Best,

Pikochu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom