• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site, or it's archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In-Thread: 1/21/19

Pikochu

wants a helicopter, fast.
Reaction score
Hey spectators!

Just want to remind you all to stay on topic! While discussion of nations and cultures relevant to spectating is fine, such discussion can cause tension and derail the thread. Keep discussions relevant to leaks and speculation.

Best,

Pikochu

Oriden

Here to ride the rumor train.
Reaction score
Personally, I read the "it means nothing" posts as people keeping reasonable expectations. Though I would err on the side of "it's probably nothing" over definitively calling it such- unless evidence for it being nothing is overwhelming to the point of certainty. We don't all want to get hyped over every little thing, but it's good to make note of things, analyze what they could be, and keep an eye on them in case anything changes.

Right now I think we all agree that the Twitter posts might just be starter plush promotion but we're gonna keep an eye on them anyway?

Poke Dragon

The boundary between opposites.
Reaction score
It is a good thing to keep an eye out for the starters promotion as it could mean something, I'll keep an eye out for Pokemon's Pokefacts tweets, either way, it will be interesting for the day after Blastoise's.

Zra1030

Reaction score
Personally, I read the "it means nothing" posts as people keeping reasonable expectations. Though I would err on the side of "it's probably nothing" over definitively calling it such- unless evidence for it being nothing is overwhelming to the point of certainty. We don't all want to get hyped over every little thing, but it's good to make note of things, analyze what they could be, and keep an eye on them in case anything changes.

Right now I think we all agree that the Twitter posts might just be starter plush promotion but we're gonna keep an eye on them anyway?
Yeah it seems to be either for plushes, promotion for lgpe, or some kind of countdown. Seems oddly long ad for just plushes, and I would've thought the facts would've started with Pikachu or Eevee if it was specifically for those games but idk. On the bright side though, if it is just lgpe we know the new games won't be revealed until they're done with their facts of the day as they wouldn't want to pull attention from the new generation

Oriden

Reaction score
Yeah it seems to be either for plushes, promotion for lgpe, or some kind of countdown. Seems oddly long ad for just plushes, and I would've thought the facts would've started with Pikachu or Eevee if it was specifically for those games but idk. On the bright side though, if it is just lgpe we know the new games won't be revealed until they're done with their facts of the day as they wouldn't want to pull attention from the new generation
Yeah, I'm leaning toward the plush promotion but I'm eagerly awaiting whatever comes after Blastoise to see what direction it's going in.

Aaand I have updated my potential news dates post with Pokemon Day and that adjustment to August. Still need to add the secret merch stuff that Paul posted, but I'm currently on my phone at work, so it's a bit of a pain to do things. =(

Poke Dragon

Reaction score
They tweeted the fact about Wartortle 30 minutes ago. Now we have to wait for Blastoise's tomorrow before we can get to the Pokemon after Blastoise.

Joker901

Reaction score
Sorry...but why exactly are we waiting for this twitter upload exactly? If it's caterpie it means nothing because we know the announcement will happen before 150 days from now. If it's another starter then the upload is just related to the plushes giveaway. If it's Pikachu, it will be another kanto remake :p

No, seriously what do you see in it?

PocketMonster

#TeamSobble
Reaction score
Sorry...but why exactly are we waiting for this twitter upload exactly? If it's caterpie it means nothing because we know the announcement will happen before 150 days from now. If it's another starter then the upload is just related to the plushes giveaway. If it's Pikachu, it will be another kanto remake :p

the give away is over

and they are on two different twitter pages. one is international (facts posts) one is for Japan (poketimes trailer)

Zra1030

Reaction score

It wouldn't make sense for them to go through 151 Pokemon while also revealing a new generation and marketing that at the same time. It's like unveiling a new car while also saying buy the old version. As for the plushies, a quick Google search says they're being released the 26th so these facts relating to them seem a little bit weaker

Silktree

Hardship
Reaction score
I have to agree that I don't see them waiting until E3 to reveal the games (although it wouldn't really hurt if they did). Sun and Moon were marketed alongside the 20th anniversary mythicals, and people who don't have a Switch yet could buy LGPE while waiting for the next games.

Lixarion

Reaction score
I want a Nintendo direct on january 24 then a Pokemon direct on january 25

Nicolas721

Reaction score
@Oriden

February 6th: Mewtwo's birthday. They always acknowledge it on social media, and as this is supposed to be the year of Mewtwo there could be something.
Late February-Early March: M22's second trailer (Based on patterns, but it could be delayed like the December trailer)
Early April: M22's third trailer (Based on patterns, but it could be delayed like the December trailer)

TechSkylander1518

Reaction score
It wouldn't make sense for them to go through 151 Pokemon while also revealing a new generation and marketing that at the same time. It's like unveiling a new car while also saying buy the old version.
Does it really make that much more sense to have a countdown for 151 Pokemon to reveal a new generation? It'd be like using one specific old car to promote a new one, while skipping over the six other old cars that were released in between the two.

Something else to consider with this countdown is that it's not being posted anywhere besides twitter. But with Pokemon social media, they usually crosspost big news. Look at what they did with the new Detective Pikachu trailer, for example, or the Detective Pikachu TCG sets:
Exact same posts across Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

For that matter, while their Instagram skipped over it, a new TCG set was also announced on both Facebook and Twitter.

Now, as excited as I am for Detective Pikachu, and as much as I love the TCG, I'm pretty sure the Gen 8 games would be a bigger deal than both of them. So if this is counting down to an announcement, why are they only posting it on one page?

sj01blue

Reaction score
The Japanese Pokemon Twitter still contains a pinned Let's Go trailer at the top of their tweets, as well as a banner for the game at the top of their page. While this is obviously understandable for their latest released game, it's just another thing that reminds me that we may not see Gen 8 footage anytime soon, to prevent damaging future Let's Go sales.

Oriden

Reaction score

Mostly just curious to see if it is leading up to anything, myself. I think it's worth keeping an eye on just in case it is anything more than just a random "let's spam pokemon facts" campaign.

Not expecting much of anything, but it could go somewhere.

@Oriden

February 6th: Mewtwo's birthday. They always acknowledge it on social media, and as this is supposed to be the year of Mewtwo there could be something.
Late February-Early March: M22's second trailer (Based on patterns, but it could be delayed like the December trailer)
Early April: M22's third trailer (Based on patterns, but it could be delayed like the December trailer)
Aaah, thank you for this info! I'll add it when I get home. =D

Joker901

Reaction score
Mostly just curious to see if it is leading up to anything, myself. I think it's worth keeping an eye on just in case it is anything more than just a random "let's spam pokemon facts" campaign.
Don't know...from what I've learned during all these years when they are teasing something we never understand it while when it looks like they are teasing something it always ends up being nothing. (Looking at you flying eeveelution)

Grass Type Gardenia

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
Does it really make that much more sense to have a countdown for 151 Pokemon to reveal a new generation? It'd be like using one specific old car to promote a new one, while skipping over the six other old cars that were released in between the two.

Something else to consider with this countdown is that it's not being posted anywhere besides twitter. But with Pokemon social media, they usually crosspost big news. Look at what they did with the new Detective Pikachu trailer, for example, or the Detective Pikachu TCG sets:
Exact same posts across Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

For that matter, while their Instagram skipped over it, a new TCG set was also announced on both Facebook and Twitter.

Now, as excited as I am for Detective Pikachu, and as much as I love the TCG, I'm pretty sure the Gen 8 games would be a bigger deal than both of them. So if this is counting down to an announcement, why are they only posting it on one page?
I saw a poster for the Sinnoh League in the man's bedroom in the trailer, hinting to a possible Gen 4 remake.

Icy Wind

*Shivers*
Reaction score
I saw a poster for the Sinnoh League in the man's bedroom in the trailer, hinting to a possible Gen 4 remake.
There was a poster of Pancham too. XY remake confirmed!1!! /s

Maybe, just maybe, the team that made the movie just wanted to make a reference to a game in the series (and the detective Pikachu trailer was full of these little references) and weren't making a """"hint"""".

Poke Dragon

Reaction score
There seems to be rumors of a Red and Blue live action movie coming, I really hope that's not the case. Aside from it being another case of Gen 1 pandering, it will ruin the game's storyline since Red is supposed to be a blank slate so players can insert their own personality to the character.

Status
Not open for further replies.