• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was late of coming up with this joke, I was too busy with other stuff, but have been wanting to make this. I just simply did this to show how Alola's theme is similar to an already established Disney characters, Lilo and Stitch. I based this skit on one of the ghibi shorts in Avatar the Last Airbender, ''the Golden Dragon School Dating'' segment. It's where Suki and Princess Eura had a fuss on who's to dance with Sokka.

View: https://twitter.com/RichardHaslam3/status/1088543660403249152

I was late of coming up with this joke, I was too busy with other stuff, but have been wanting to make this. I just simply did this to show how Alola's theme is similar to an already established Disney characters, Lilo and Stitch. I based this skit on one of the ghibi shorts in Avatar the Last Airbender, ''the Golden Dragon School Dating'' segment. It's where Suki and Princess Eura had a fuss on who's to dance with Sokka.

View: https://twitter.com/RichardHaslam3/status/1088543660403249152

I don't... get the joke. Or why it's relevant here.

Lilo and Stitch and Alola don't really share a theme, unless you count the setting, in which case- pretty sure Hawaii had that theme first. Just a hunch. ;P

I don't... get the joke. Or why it's relevant here.

Lilo and Stitch and Alola don't really share a theme, unless you count the setting, in which case- pretty sure Hawaii had that theme first. Just a hunch. ;P
The Lilo and Stitch TV series also has the theme of finding the other 625 experiments. Similar to Pokemon's theme of collecting Pokemon. Bouffalant at the bottom has the same number as Stitch.

speaking of starter speculation

Is there any reason why Charmander and Cyndaquil, Charmelion and Quilava, Charizard and Typhlosion have the same exact base stat and base stat totals as each other ?

I hope we dont get future starters being copy and pastes off each other lol

speaking of starter speculation

Is there any reason why Charmander and Cyndaquil, Charmelion and Quilava, Charizard and Typhlosion have the same exact base stat and base stat totals as each other ?

I hope we dont get future starters being copy and pastes off each other lol
Probably because it was the first two generations and not a lot of thought went into making that particular change from Gen 1. Or it was just what they considered balanced at the time and felt no need to mess with it.

Could even imply that Cyndaquil was the last starter finalized for Gen 2 and they just copy-pasted Charmander's stats without making any adjustments to them due to time crunch. =D Who knows.

Probably because it was the first two generations and not a lot of thought went into making that particular change from Gen 1. Or it was just what they considered balanced at the time and felt no need to mess with it.

Could even imply that Cyndaquil was the last starter finalized for Gen 2 and they just copy-pasted Charmander's stats without making any adjustments to them due to time crunch. =D Who knows.
Poor Typholsion, always in Charizard's shadow... Even in its debut games it doesn't learn a Fire-type move stronger than Flame Wheel until level 60. It may be too much too ask, but I would really like to see some previous starters get their own signature move as well. The starter trios from Gens 2, 4 and 5 could use some love <3

Doesn't help that we don't have exact knowledge about how Honoguma worked. If I recall correctly, the starters had lowered stats and had incomplete data.
Yeah, here's the beta starters' stats-

Chikorita's are... very off.
Kurusu, Honoguma, and not-actually-Bayleef's stats are barely adjusted from the default all-50 placeholder stats that most of the other beta mons have.
If I had to guess, they hadn't even touched the Sp. Def at that point- probably because it had only just been branched off from Special.

Actually, considering the amount of copy-paste in the demo, it's not hard to believe that Cyndaquil's are just a copy-paste job. Wouldn't worry about that happening again now- they're a lot more professional and take greater care with that stuff these days.

at this point do you think we will get leaked info on gen 8 before its announcement? honestly if gen 8 didn't leak i would be pretty surprised:notworthy:

Well, January's almost over, when is Pokemon Day again?

At this point we will get a Direct rather sooner than later but probably if we see Game Freak on it it will due to Town (which seems quite cool imo, I need to see more about it).
Pokémon always goes at their own pace so I hope we get some sort of surprise announcement like Let's go (I mean, we had some leaks and we expected it to be revealed before May but to be honest it was a totally out of the blue press event at Tokyo, so, yeah, you get the point).

So maybe an announcement in February 27th? Then again it could happen earlier.

The only aspect where Gamefreak needs to improve on is their general communication with the public, a lot of developers, talk more on the developmental process, current projects, future some indication of everything in-between with what consumers can expect. The only thing we get from Gamefreak is silence lol

I wonder if this culture is partly what leads people to want to leak and know everything about the games because we get so little. The games get heavily datamined before release and we very often get confidential official concept art leaked months before their initial reveal. Perhaps if Pokemon were to have a better news release info, this may not happen at the same extreme.

Looking back when I was following Monolith with the months leading to the release of Xenoblade 2, I never saw this heavy leak culture or the lack of info associated with the game nor was there anything confidential leaked.

Why cant gamefreak do something similar ?

Last edited:
The only aspect where Gamefreak needs to improve on is their general communication with the public, a lot of developers, talk more on the developmental process, current projects, future some indication of everything in-between with what consumers can expect. The only thing we get from Gamefreak is silence lol
Agreed, Game Freak needs to be more honest with their player-base as well. The "Everything comes together" was definitely a lie for Sun and Moon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom