Here to ride the rumor train.
- Aug 9, 2016
- Reaction score
A sizeable list of in-game achievements to complete sounds like a pretty good idea. =D Pokemon GO even has the medals that you can rank up for catching so many of a type of pokemon and other numerical goals, some of which grant you bonuses or unlock outfits, so like... that kind of thing being in the main series wouldn't be bad at all. I'd rather it be a permanent list, though, rather than a monthly or weekly thing- so it doesn't get shut down when support for the games ends.With the comment about how people "like phone games nowadays" why not have post game missions?
They can either be monthly or weekly missions and can be stuff like:
Every time you complete a list of random missions you're score gets uploaded to your online stats. They can keep cycling through endless possibilities until they inevitably shut down the servers for gen XI.
- battling X amount of trainers
- catch X amount of pokemon
- use the GTS or Global link X times
- trade X amount of pokemon
- Get a level 10 Bidoof through wonder trade
- find a shiny
- find a trainer with a pikachu in an online battle
- find a pokemon that's been traded from Go
- Re-battle every odd number gym. They have level 95 pokemon now.
- Make it to the last round in [new battle tower mechanic here]
- Find a hidden [random overworld pokemon] hidden randomly somewhere in the region.
- talk to a gamer kid NPC.
- Find all gamer kid NPCs.
It's not much but it's still something to keep people busy while they wonder around aimlessly/look for shinies. This is also a great way to incorporate the medals again.