• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as it’s not another tropical region... I think people will be happy.

Not sure if he still thinks this way, but for a while Nitendokusou was dead set on Gen 8 taking place in SE Asia.

That’s probably where Puik got their ideas from (as well as Plus/Minus).

I don't mind if we ever get a UK region, I'd just rather not get one for Gen 8 or else we'll have to comb back through the shitloads of UK leaks as people put them all back up as "potentially credible" because they all guessed one thing right. At least if it happens in a later Gen, we could discard the entire pile claiming Gen 8 is gonna be UK because Gen 8 wasn't.

Granted not getting stuff in the Gen it was promised hasn't entirely stopped Plus and Minus from coming up repeatedly, but it has provided us a sizeable stick to swat it back down with.

And Crown and Sceptre really doesn't need a window to crawl back in through.

Birdkeepertoby is backing up Duncan's UK claim.

Interesting stuff given Toby is one of the the poketubers that isn't clickbaity or anything like that, and one of the bigger poketubers with a clean reputation. he's also a personal friend of serebii's if I recall correctly. He mentioned that his main reason for backing up the claim is that he's Duncan's friend and just finds him trustworthy, but it's still interesting stuff imo. We'll see I guess

Toby is someone who got invited to play LGPE early along with Serebii and got personally invited by Nintendo of Europe for that pleasure. So that statement alone holds some water.

I don't get it. After all this time, are there any concrete signs pointing towards a region inspired on the UK? It has easily been the most discussed topic in the last few months, but it's all been based on assumptions, conjectures and guesswork at best. Do people just enjoy speculating about this or am I missing something here?

I don't get it. After all this time, are there any concrete signs pointing towards a region inspired on the UK? It has easily been the most discussed topic in the last few months, but it's all been based on assumptions, conjectures and guesswork at best. Do people just enjoy speculating about this or am I missing something here?
There aren't. It's just speculation brought on by coincidences.

The crown & sceptre rumor was a fun example of the fanbase latching onto something because they wanted it to be real. Completely of the opposite of a lot of the fanbase writing off the lapras screenshot from LGPE as fake because nobody wanted to believe we were getting a grid based, kanto game

It's hilarious honestly LOL

Yeah I just don't want another tropical based region and then I'm happy. Like I know we had Kanto to split it up with it (for at least those who did play Let's 'go. But still, after ORAS (which isn't necessarily tropical, but it is a lot of water), then SM, and then USUM, I'm ready for a bit of a climate change. I do really want to experience cold/mountainous region in 3D. And I want my gosh darn ice types. Or somewhere with a lot of mythology around it would be really cool. Somewhere that has a lot of history so we don't go another generation without fossil Pokemon. Like, I don't even like fossil Pokemon that much, but it was so weird not having them. That's a staple of the Pokemon games that they should never get rid of.

Hi guys I have a theory I'd like to share...Remember when pokemon twitter account(not sure if its really them)announce the new series for the gamefreak youtube channel and they mentioned to stay tuned at the end because there's a suprise on it...we all thought that after ken sugimori's video the suprise will revealed...but what if the suprise will be at the end of the series?as the james turner video ends they announce that the last video(I think)will be at feb 8...so my guess is that they announce either town or pokemon at the end of the vid at feb 8 or the next day
i doubt they would announce the games in thr video
They would probably announce a direct for a later date (Like Feb 12th)

I have seen many people being more confident about a Nintendo Direct happening soon, after the announcement of the postponement of Metroid. And that was exactly what I was talking about early. Maybe that's why they were struggling to make a Direct.

That said, just out of curiosity, if we had a Nintendo Direct next week, with a little teaser of the next games at the end (with the titles), and with the information: "we will not talk about this game for a few months", how would you react to it?

note: It's just a honest question, out of curiosity. I already know that most people don't believe in a Pokémon game being announced on a Nintendo Direct, to begin with.

With the long delay of Metroid Prime 4, some people on Twitter were wondering if there may have been a direct planned in January that got canceled.

What does this mean for Pokemon? Well I think its possible we could get a Pokemon direct in February out of the blue with no Nintendo direct before hand. They could also have some unannounced stuff that they will need a big showcase for. So the Pokemon direct could still get folded into a normal Nintendo direct if it's some kind of emergency or something.

While I don't care about Metroid (too much backtracking, gees!), it might be best to actually put it after Pokemon. The game that was announced last is more likely to stay in people's minds than let's say a game that was shown in the beginning, Pokemon is guaranteed to stay in people's minds no matter what, while Metroid could be forgotten. This is why it is better to have a Pokemon Direct before a Nintendo Direct, because it ensures that at least a few games with less followings than Pokemon can stick with people.

While I don't care about Metroid (too much backtracking, gees!), it might be best to actually put it after Pokemon. The game that was announced last is more likely to stay in people's minds than let's say a game that was shown in the beginning, Pokemon is guaranteed to stay in people's minds no matter what, while Metroid could be forgotten. This is why it is better to have a Pokemon Direct before a Nintendo Direct, because it ensures that at least a few games with less followings than Pokemon can stick with people.
I'm not sure if I understand, but there will be no information about Metroid anytime soon. The development has been fully restarted, from the beginning.

Did they really said it would have a surprise at the end?

I remember somebody saying so in this thread. Unfortunately, I had to manually sift through about 50+ pages to find it because the search function is currently disabled.

So apparently, there is a surprise planned for the end of the Art video that will be uploaded in 2 hours.

Kiran, you better explain yourself. I didn't spend 20 minutes going through posts to find a comment without a source /s. Was the "surprise" really just info on the next video or is it possible there was a misunderstanding?

That said, just out of curiosity, if we had a Nintendo Direct next week, with a little teaser of the next games at the end (with the titles), and with the information: "we will not talk about this game for a few months", how would you react to it?

All I really want are titles and a couple of screenshots of what the game looks like. I don't really even need to see the starters, but that would be perfered. Ooh, or it might be better if they give us the sillohuettes with art realesed a couple weeks after. If they let us know its going to be a couple more months before the first real trailer, that's much better than being in the dark until March. So, overall, I'd be satisfied.

I am sure that the Metroid Prime 4 delay doesn't have anything to do with no reveal of the next Pokemon games in January.

Pokemon is bigger than Metroid and generates much higher selling numbers. If they really had a problem to show off some MP4 stuff in a direct, then they would've waited for later like March/April anyway and let the Pokemon games take the spotlight first before the path is clear to show Metroid and not immidiately falling in Gen 8's shadows. Putting both into one direct would be just a bad decision marketing wise. Better would be a Pokemon direct with Gen 8 and two/three months later when the game is ready to show something the usual Nintendo direct with MP4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom