• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, every Pokemon game since XY (bar USUM) had new info at E3.

We don’t need a supposed twitter countdown or a movie to indicate us about gen 8 info at E3, it’s pretty much a given.
Ohhhhh, okay. I thought I read somewhere that Pokemon news doesn't often release at E3. Idk where I read that from. :ROFLMAO::unsure:

What was the type of news they would release at E3 anyway? Was it like new gameplay info, new pokemon?

That was just a gag in the anime.
Well they made the gag two times then. First, Lana said that she would want her eevee to evolve into a bug type, and only some episode later, someone came with a bug type stone that is supposedly able to evolve any bug type. This might be kind of a hint of somethig that will happen in gen 8.

Ohhhhh, okay. I thought I read somewhere that Pokemon news doesn't often release at E3. Idk where I read that from. :ROFLMAO::unsure:

What was the type of news they would release at E3 anyway? Was it like new gameplay info, new pokemon?

They usually (not always) reveal some information at E3. People were saying it's almost impossible to announce the game at E3.

Well they made the gag two times then. First, Lana said that she would want her eevee to evolve into a bug type, and only some episode later, someone came with a bug type stone that is supposedly able to evolve any bug type. This might be kind of a hint of somethig that will happen in gen 8.
Not everything is some obscure hint, you know.

well if/when they ever do a bug eeveeultion I bet it will have butterfly like wings.
I wonder what other options for design would be.
bumble bee like pattern would be pretty cute <3

I am hunting all over for that interview where they commented on the news drought for Sun and Moon... so far no luck, but I did find this-

Masuda – Some people who don’t play Pokemon games think that they’re targeted towards children. We hope that the more human-like proportions and enhanced cinematic aspects will make it easier for a wider audience to enjoy these games. We also hope that newcomers to the series will try Sun and Moon out, and find out exactly what makes Pokemon the deep, interesting and cool experience it is.

So to everyone who's said that the games are targeted at kids and not meant for older players... suuuurpriiiise?

I know, but the fact that she said that she wants her eevee to evolve into a bug type, and that only some weeks later they show a bug stone, it's king of suspicious. Still , it can just be a gag.
Lana is known for cracking jokes.

I personally feel that we will see some important, fresh news about the Pokemon game in E3 (June) this year. But I do not believe it will be the first Gen 8 news of the year.

Not only is there a supposedly Twitter countdown to the E3 event, but I think the upcoming Pokemon movie is an indicator too. When it releases in May, there will definitely be a lot of hype about the franchise everywhere (just like Pokemon Go was at first - probably not as extreme).

So I think it makes sense for the company to release some new information about the game in the following month (which would be June - which is when E3 is) whilst everyone is still talking about Pokemon and the movie.

I don't know, it's just a thought. What do you all think? :)
I think It will be a new mew form
Since they started the countdown 150 days before E3

Lana is known for cracking jokes.
Why not add that in the anime some things happen that are visionary even for the pokemon world? Like Swellow enjoyng thunders...
376bcf409ffcee8bfe1900ac3445f90d.png

Impossible? =O
They never actually announced any main Pokémon game at E3 before (I mean, with titles and everything else. Aside from just saying it is in development). The event also lost a lot of its relevance. And if the game will be released in 2019, June would be too late, and they would not have any advantage in announcing the game at E3. So I think it's almost impossible.

Yeah if you actually watch the episode, its Lana's common gag line in the games and anime to joke about something in a serious manner, the Bug stone is one such reference. She wasn't serious just like when she tells the player she found a Kyogre once.

The bug stone alone isnt what makes Charjabug evolve, its the willingness to save Sophocles who was in danger. The stone itself is specific for Charjabug not other bug types and just slots in. Likely is just made of the magnetic field material that it needs in Gen 7 to evolve. Only the Charjabug line can take advantage of this.

slightly off topic but I got bored and ended up looking at the old speculation thread from 2016, the reactions and excitement when we had the direct announced for pokemon day were so fun to look at again, there was just insane levels of excitement, and that excitement tripled when the sun/moon trademarks were leaked the night before.

We'll be there soon and it's fun to think about. Hopefully once that happens there'll be less conflict, arguements, etc as we'll finally have something to collectively get hyped about

interesting stuff! February/March timeframe is what a lot have been speculating anyways, and Pokemon day does kind of fit that perfectly (very end of feb, going into march). Seems like he still thinks that the mewtwo release will be important.

also nooojsksjkj his "we're getting a reveal very very soon, I'm talking within weeks not months now" is something I can't help but get hyped about when hearing . He has a good point that moving the Meltan merch release up by two months is pretty significant movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom