• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the average Poke-gamer is depriving themselves and the rest of the fanbase of a much better game by not paying attention to those things.

Not necessarily. As long as a game is enjoyable, that’s really all that matters to me.

It only had up to 808, though... and they have yet to implement Meltan. If it was meant to be Meltan, it should have gone up to 809. =/ Is that game even still receiving updates?
Just looked and not only has Pokemon Quest not been updated since July, but it apparently still only has Gen 1 pokemon...? I almost wonder if they just totally forgot about it. That or they're following the Pokemon GO release model and doing one generation a year- which I don't think the game has the following to be sustained by that, so probably not the best idea...

Oh what if the Twitter countdown is to a Pokemon Quest update? XD That seems like the kind of thing they might announce at E3.

I feel like we usually get quite a few. Gen 7 was abnormally low. Let's take gen 6 for example. We got:

1. Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon
  2. Pokemon Rumble World
  3. Pokemon Trozei
  4. Pokemon Shuffle
  5. Pokemon Art Academy
  6. Pokemon Picross
  7. Detective Pikachu
  8. Pokken Tournament
  9. Pokemon Duel
In gen 7, we got four if you count Pokeland (which never got a full release) and if you don't count re-releases. 3 of those four are mobile exclusive: GO, Magikarp Jump, Pokeland, and Quest.

Gens 4 and 5 each had about 6 (not counting the Japan exclusive ones that came with weird peripherals).

Edit: Had Pokken Tournament twice; doh
Hmmm, so definitely would be better to do cosmetics for some of them, then.

It only had up to 808, though... and they have yet to implement Meltan. If it was meant to be Meltan, it should have gone up to 809. =/ Is that game even still receiving updates?
The last update was approximately 3 weeks ago, as of posting this comment, and the update prior to that was 6 months ago.
And The Pokémon Company has reportedly partnered with NetEase to release it in China with additional features, though I don’t know if that means anything for Non-Chinese version/s.

It’s possible that they may continue adding more Pokémon as people spotted light blue water (indicating an island is nearby) in the bottom left-most corner of the map, and additional Pokémon would probably need accompanying Islands given the nature of the game, though this could simply be nothing important.
And there is the possibility they simply hadn’t started on additional content upon releasing Pokémon Quest and have a very small development team, though ultimately there is no way of us know of this is the case.

Just as a hypothetical guess (and its hypothetical, please don't kill me), but what if Pokemon Gen 8 releases in December rather than November?
They could, but I think they try to get out ahead of the Christmas rush, so there's enough time to restock the shelves a few times before gift-buying season is over.

The last update was approximately 3 weeks ago, as of posting this comment, and the update prior to that was 6 months ago.
And The Pokémon Company has reportedly partnered with NetEase to release it in China with additional features, though I don’t know if that means anything for Non-Chinese version/s.

It’s possible that they may continue adding more Pokémon as people spotted light blue water (indicating an island is nearby) in the bottom left-most corner of the map, and additional Pokémon would probably need accompanying Islands given the nature of the game, though this could simply be nothing important.
And there is the possibility they simply hadn’t started on additional content upon releasing Pokémon Quest and have a very small development team, though ultimately there is no way of us know of this is the case.
Aaaah so there has been a recent update. That's good to know- hopefully they're working on making the game less repetitive.

any currently un-debunked rumors going around regarding the battle system?

They could, but I think they try to get out ahead of the Christmas rush, so there's enough time to restock the shelves a few times before gift-buying season is over.
True, the only reason I brought this up was for some reason I was thinking about the mess Xenoblade Chronicles 2 had before its release, where everyone was so sure it would not release in 2016 and be delayed, only for it to release in December 2016, blowing the nay-sayers away.
But logically I also mentioned it because I was thinking, what if Gen 8 was massive, and very grandiose. And as a safe measure due to mistakes of past devs and their big iP's (Looking at you EA) they go out and polish it a bit more and release it in December. They would obviously release it well before Christmas, but who knows.

Detective Pikachu
I don't think that a Japan-exclusive demo should count; the actual game was released last year. Likewise, Pokeland shouldn't count, either.

I believe that Pokken DX outsold the original game (albeit not by much), so in a way that's more notable than USUM. The Wii U version was less accessible for obvious reasons.

I don't think that a Japan-exclusive demo should count; the actual game was released last year. Likewise, Pokeland shouldn't count, either.

I believe that Pokken DX outsold the original game (albeit not by much), so in a way that's more notable than USUM. The Wii U version was less accessible for obvious reasons.

Ah, okay. I was a little confused about that. I thought it was the full game, but released in episodes for some reason. I counted Pokeland mostly because there's so little to count for gen 7 (but yeah, it doesn't really count). I wouldn't exclude Pokken, though just because of less accessibility. It was a full world-wide release. The switch one just has more characters. Actually, I can't remember if some of the later characters were arcade exclusive, so let's just count it for both.

Gen 6 had 8 spin-offs and gen 7 had 5 spin-offs. Still lower than previous gens and Magikarp Jump is a bit lack luster compared to all the rest.

A December release doesn't make much sense financially, however. Like Oriden said above, its smart to release around black Friday to get the pre BF and BF sales and then restock for Christmas time. A November release window is the most realistic and, at least for the last 4 sets of games released, has worked well for them.

It is now the first of february here; anxious to see what this month brings.

February is just about here for me, and I know it is for many of you guys. I don't want to get my hopes up too high, but February, being the month with Pokemon Day in it, having games revealed in it before, and also having the date of the 809th and 810th days of Generation 7. This month is looking pretty promising.

I also wonder if GF might want to reveal something this month to bring up more hype for their games because Nintendo themselves have been pretty busy with the possible Switch Mini, and now are talking about a 1, possibly 2, new game(s) planned for release this year.

I can't see this being the Pokemon games themselves, as the news is from Nintendo. But, I can see GF possibly wanting to join in on the fun and being like "Hey look we also have some info on the new Pokemon games!". Idk, just seems like a good idea.

February is just about here for me, and I know it is for many of you guys. I don't want to get my hopes up too high, but February, being the month with Pokemon Day in it, having games revealed in it before, and also having the date of the 809th and 810th days of Generation 7. This month is looking pretty promising.

I also wonder if GF might want to reveal something this month to bring up more hype for their games because Nintendo themselves have been pretty busy with the possible Switch Mini, and now are talking about a 1, possibly 2, new game(s) planned for release this year.

I can't see this being the Pokemon games themselves, as the news is from Nintendo. But, I can see GF possibly wanting to join in on the fun and being like "Hey look we also have some info on the new Pokemon games!". Idk, just seems like a good idea.

Judging purely by the preview image, it looks like a Mario game, so nothing for us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom