• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
February is just about here for me, and I know it is for many of you guys. I don't want to get my hopes up too high, but February, being the month with Pokemon Day in it, having games revealed in it before, and also having the date of the 809th and 810th days of Generation 7. This month is looking pretty promising.

I also wonder if GF might want to reveal something this month to bring up more hype for their games because Nintendo themselves have been pretty busy with the possible Switch Mini, and now are talking about a 1, possibly 2, new game(s) planned for release this year.

I can't see this being the Pokemon games themselves, as the news is from Nintendo. But, I can see GF possibly wanting to join in on the fun and being like "Hey look we also have some info on the new Pokemon games!". Idk, just seems like a good idea.

That has nothing to do with Pokémon. The title mentioned in the briefing is one that doesn't appear in the schedule. Pokémon 2019 already appears in the schedule.

Nintendo just had their Financial Briefing a bit ago, and Pokemon was briefly mentioned with a full detailed report posted:

View: https://twitter.com/NinEverything/status/1091155815627517952

It seems they want synergy of Let's Go with the 2019 titles, which sounds similar to what TPCi said with GO attracting players to get SM when they released.
Too add, they are making a Toyko Nintendo Store, I wonder if they will add in a Pokemon Center, though they might not if Tokyo has one already.
Anyways, if any more details pop up regarding Pokemon, I'll try to update here. Cheers!

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to mention that they did say they intend to have no delays. Not sure if they said that because of the Metroid delay, but in all, it bodes well that Pokemon Gen 8 is still going for 2019 if all said it done (and hopefully stop those nay-sayers.

"will serve as a link to the entirely new entry in the series, planned for release late this year". This should kill the possibility of a delay forever.

Funny fact: Zelda, best game of 2017

That's funny, you misspelled Mario Odyssey.

Anyways, I personally would like to have more than one Eeveelution again, if they do any. One of them I'd like to have the most is the good-old Dragon Eevee people have been craving for years.

I imagine it having like maybe Rough Skin or Tough Claws? Maybe even Multiscale.

It should probably be kinda glasscannony, keeping in mind the usual eevelution stats maybe something like this:

HP: 60
ATK: 130
DEF: 65
SPA: 95
SDEF: 65
SPE: 110

In a reply to that tweet, he mentioned that Bandai refers to it as “special”, which apparently usually refers to unrevealed Pokémon (so potentially Melmetal), but he thinks it’s Mewtwo-related. It’s definitely anime-related, given that the set includes Lana’s Eevee

In a reply to that tweet, he mentioned that Bandai refers to it as “special”, which apparently usually refers to unrevealed Pokémon (so potentially Melmetal), but he thinks it’s Mewtwo-related. It’s definitely anime-related, given that the set includes Lana’s Eevee
:(

Hype deflated

We really need a steel type eeveelution since we missed out on one in gen 2. Also, Gamefreak needs to make sure the eeveelutions can learn the special movies that the partner eevee from LGPE can learn. That would really help them out competitively, especially poor flareon.
Why do you think we missed out in Gen 2? Was there a hint that there would be a Steel Eeveelution?

Seems to imply that the next Pokemon game is going to take place somewhere cold and windy.

Not trying to be cynical, but those all look like they are anime related, so isn't that just going to be a Pokémon that's going to show up in the anime that we don't know about yet, I don't think that automatically makes it a gen 8 Pokémon. Heck it could very well be an evolution of one of the main Pokémon in the anime right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom