• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site, or it's archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extroth

Face the Darkness
Reaction score
Not trying to be cynical, but those all look like they are anime related, so isn't that just going to be a Pokémon that's going to show up in the anime that we don't know about yet, I don't think that automatically makes it a gen 8 Pokémon. Heck it could very well be an evolution of one of the main Pokémon in the anime right now.

Silktree

Hardship
Reaction score
I still don't see a reason why Melmetal wouldn't be the most plausible candidate. The Meltan in the anime are obviously going to evolve.

But the reveal date is weird, so I guess it might be a new Pokemon debuting in the anime rather than the movie.

FinnishPokéFan92

Prince of the Sea
Reaction score
He’s basing his entire theory on Masuda’s tweet about... the weather.

He’s reaching a little too much.
Didn't you watch the entire video? Masuda did a similar tweet before Sun and Moon were announced, with the photo showing the moon and the text mentioning the sun.

Poke Dragon

The boundary between opposites.
Reaction score
Just saying it here, Gen 7 related things are starting to come to a close, with the anime showing the Alola Pokemon League and also showing Meltan in the anime. It is obvious that Gen 7 will end this year, the only Mythical Pokemon from Gen 7 who didn't get proper attention outside the games is Melmetal. Once Melmetal is shown in the anime and gets merchandise, that's it for Gen 7.

Icy Wind

*Shivers*
Reaction score
Didn't you watch the entire video? Masuda did a similar tweet before Sun and Moon were announced, with the photo showing the moon and the text mentioning the sun.
Posting a picture of the moon and mentioning the sun is a lot more blatant hint than a picture of a building while saying the weather is cold.

Masuda has also tweeted about the weather for years, there’s no reason to believe this tweet in particular to be a hint.

FinnishPokéFan92

Prince of the Sea
Reaction score
Posting a picture of the moon and mentioning the sun is a lot more blatant hint than a picture of a building while saying the weather is cold.

Masuda has also tweeted about the weather for years, there’s no reason to believe this tweet in particular to be a hint.
Don't be so sure. It could obviously turn out to not have been a hint, but we can't exclude that possibility yet either.

NinjutsuSen

Reaction score
I hope gen 8 won't ride on the nostalgia-road the way gen 6 and 7 did. Enough Kanto with Let's Go.
Game Freak after releasing gen 8: "Hey Pokemon fan...remember Kanto? You know, the region you've traveled through just ONE game ago. There're a lot of references of Kanto in our newest game so you can enjoy thinking back of traveling through the region of the game we released LAST year. Nostalgic, isn't it?"

Cainhxrst

Reaction score
Given Meltan’s recent appearance in the anime, I really wouldnt be surprised if this ended up being Melmetal. However, if there are notes specifically saying that it’s mewtwo related, we’ll see. Pokémon day at midnight is a bit suspicious

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Well... I noticed something strange which isn’t based on Masuda’s lunch!

Mewtwo’s Birthday: February 6
810 Days since the release of Pokemon Sun and Moon: February 6, 2019

* This year is also said to be Year of Mewtwo so it’d be weird to not do something on Mewtwo’s birthday.

* We know that TPCi has used the number of days thing before with releasing Melton on 808th day of Pokemon.

This day’s pretty important in my opinion for news.

Atleast it’s better than random 4chan leaks and looking for hints.

What do you think?

Nitro Indigo

Small ripples lead to big waves.
Reaction score
I now predict that the Gen 8 games will be called "Are You" and "Happy Now?", and include features such as walking Pokémon, visiting every region, an Explorers-esque postgame, and an Electric/Dark regional variant for Luxray.

Last edited:

Icy Wind

*Shivers*
Reaction score
Wow. That Pokemon Kids TV thing is such a hint
Not really. “London bridge is falling down” is a globally popular nursery rhyme. That’s all there is to it. And why would they hint at the next region through a video aimed at preschoolers?

It could be a hint, sure, but i have my doubts.

Last edited:

Poke Dragon

The boundary between opposites.
Reaction score
I believe the countdown is for the Mewtwo movie, think about it, Melmetal is more likely to get merchandise before Mewtwo, especially if they are planning to release merchandise earlier than expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.