• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site, or it's archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Removing the joycons is not happening. It would straight-up make games that require motion controls unplayable.
But I don't see them making the joycons smaller either, it will cause a setback if they need to change the size of the main controller.
You know what? I actually did not think of that...it would affect the motion aspect quite a bit? Man, this idea of a Switch Mini sounds cool on paper, but when you think of the technical aspect of things, its quite complected. Gotta give props to Nintendo for thinking of these systems, just thinking of something for every aspect is hard.
To add (just popped in my head, sorry lol) another idea they could do to alleviate the Joy-Cons issue (without making them smaller) could be making the system's screen more like an Infinity Display (if I recall, the projected screen is quite small already) so by making it a Infinity Display, they could in theory keep the Joy-Cons the same size, but reduce the size of the system, making effectively more portable? IDK, just a thought.
Also, Paul has a new video up, not sure if anyone posted it yet, but here it is:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrK0MtkfSO0&t=739s

He made some pretty interesting predictions, but I do wonder if we will see anything of Gen 8 next month, IDK why but I'm starting to think we may see these titles revealed in March. IDK, just me being weird, don't take it into much account. Anyways, cheers and Happy Friday!
EDIT: RIP I forgot today was the first day of February....
Also am I the only one who finds Melmetal in the thumb nail creepy?

TechSkylander1518

Reaction score
Quoting doesn't seem to be working on mobile, but @FinnishPokéFan92 , can you please tell me what I should watch in full instead of dismissing my post like that? The video's on the same subject as the last one and covers the same stuff. Just telling me to watch it, without mentioning any reason why it's different from the last, isn't really helping. Masuda's past hints get brought up every time someone analyzes one of his tweets, I'm not going to sit through five minutes of Rowlit explaining them just to see a small difference like "Rowlit thinks the title is Pokemon Cold, not Pokemon Renewal".

FinnishPokéFan92

A Huggable Dragon Slug
Reaction score
Quoting doesn't seem to be working on mobile, but @FinnishPokéFan92 , can you please tell me what I should watch in full instead of dismissing my post like that? The video's on the same subject as the last one and covers the same stuff. Just telling me to watch it, without mentioning any reason why it's different from the last, isn't really helping. Masuda's past hints get brought up every time someone analyzes one of his tweets, I'm not going to sit through five minutes of Rowlit explaining them just to see a small difference like "Rowlit thinks the title is Pokemon Cold, not Pokemon Renewal".
Sorry. I didn't mean to sound dismissive. He also drew comparisons to the previous tweet that turned out to be a Sun and Moon hint, as well as some hints regarding the timing. I only watched it once, so I don't remember word to word.

But personally, I also think the announcement is coming soon, since the games are coming out late this year, and in all the previous cases this has happened, we've gotten the announcement within the first couple months of the year.

Cainhxrst

Reaction score
if pokemon were to advertise anything at the super bowl, it would be the detective pikachu movie imo. We got that train on commercial a few years ago at the superbowl, but I think that was a special case given it was the year of the 20th anniversary

Last edited:

gingerninja23

Reaction score
LOL that Masuda tweet

In the tweet Masuda basically said he got his driver's license renewed , is waiting for the bus now that he's done, and that the wind is cold and strong.

I can't believe people over analysed someone getting their drivers license renewed ...

Last edited:

Oriden

Here to ride the rumor train.
Reaction score
Once you use a switch, you can't simply go back to traditional playstyle like nothing happened, guys.
It you want an advise, don't buy any downgraded version of the switch. It's an amazing console, go for an upgraded one if there'll ever be one or wait for a price drop. Don't buy anything that has no removable joycons or a console that is only portable/docked. There are better handheld consoles and better home consoles. The switch greatness lays in its versatility. Don't sacrifice it for a price cut.
Some people really can't afford it, though, so if there was a significantly cheaper model that they could afford, at least they would have that opportunity.

SinnohEevee

Reaction score
I am curious to see a Fighting-type Eeveelution. I imagine it would have to be bipedal.

Champion Cynthia

Champion of Sinnoh
Reaction score
I am calling everything that has Pokémon Plus and Minus as FAKE NEWS unless GF announces it.
Someone in one video warned of O-Mega Pokemon XY for stealing other peoples theories and calling them as his own.

I'm not saying that is made up or real, that's for you to decide.

Nitro Indigo

Small ripples lead to big waves.
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the Plus and Minus rumour predates X and Y.

Defiant

Pokemon Gotta Catch ... Some Of Em ???
Reaction score
Back in 2008 the most common name theorised for Gen 2 remakes were SunGold and MoonSilver.
8 years later we got Pokemon Sun and Moon.

Status
Not open for further replies.