• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are only certain translation teams given the privilege of including hints? And how do you know the other languages never used it?

The text is not in the original Japanese but is included on pretty much all the translations, with a specific colour arrangement, font and placing etc with the exact phrasing or similar meaning, clearly implying it's intentional.

They would all have been aware of Let's Go's impending reveal in 6 months time, so it's not a phrase they would have used accidentally, and the odds of them all independently adding it with no prior knowledge and no internal communication are astronomical. If you can find one other instance of the any of the main languages (the 7-9 you can play the game in) featuring that phrase predominantly, I don't just mean using it, I mean making it predominant, I'll withdraw the point, until then, it seems obvious it was intentional and not accidental.

If just 1 translation used it that would be different, a coincidence, but multiple teams all reaching the same coincidence independently? No chance

You've defeated your own argument, the fact that at least 3 translation teams independently came up with Let's Go and the others came up with something similar, despite having never used the phrase before, lends weight to the fact it was deliberately added on.

It says Let's Go in Katakana on the back of the Japanese box: レッツゴー

The text is not in the original Japanese but is included on pretty much all the translations, with a specific colour arrangement, font and placing etc with the exact phrasing or similar meaning, clearly implying it's intentional.
5 translations that didn't say let's go, three that did-that's not "most".
They would all have been aware of Let's Go's impending reveal in 6 months time,
Why would the translation team know that far in advance?
so it's not a phrase they would have used accidentally
But they would just sprinkle it randomly?
If just 1 translation used it that would be different, a coincidence, but multiple teams all reaching the same coincidence independently? No chance
And multiple teams not using it should just be ignored?

if pokemon were to advertise anything at the super bowl, it would be the detective pikachu movie imo. We got that train on commercial a few years ago at the superbowl, but I think that was a special case given it was the year of the 20th anniversary

Oh! That was a very high quality and artful mini film. The Gen 8 games are probably quite visually impressive and they may eventually receive a multiformat trailer/piece such as that!
It is interesting that there is actually a slight precedent. One thing is certain, at some point Nintendo and Pokemon Company/Game Freak are going to really be trying to get as many people as possible excited about the upcoming game(s)!

Then you start to get a bit more patchy
Masuda posting a cryptic tweet focusing on him getting a bus which appears red...
If you look through the window, it's actually green. And has Japanese printed on the interior.

View: https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/1090116136530718721

Say hello to Japanese public transport-

japan-bus.jpg

You've defeated your own argument, the fact that at least 3 translation teams independently came up with Let's Go and the others came up with something similar, despite having never used the phrase before, lends weight to the fact it was deliberately added on.

It's a common phrase and all of those translated phrases are common phrases in those languages meaning essentially the same thing. On the other hand- what two words here don't get translated in any other language except Korean?

If the "Let's go!" on the English box was a hint, it should have been in English for all of the other languages.
That or Italian Let's Go Pikachu should have been called Si Parte Pikachu. Considering it doesn't directly translate into English, I doubt the Italians are looking at it like "Oh duh, that was totally a Let's Go hint."

They would all have been aware of Let's Go's impending reveal in 6 months time, so it's not a phrase they would have used accidentally, and the odds of them all independently adding it with no prior knowledge and no internal communication are astronomical. If you can find one other instance of the any of the main languages (the 7-9 you can play the game in) featuring that phrase predominantly, I don't just mean using it, I mean making it predominant, I'll withdraw the point, until then, it seems obvious it was intentional and not accidental.

I don't think you understand how translating works.

It says Let's Go in Katakana on the back of the Japanese box: レッツゴー
Thank you, I couldn't type that so I didn't translate it. =/

Youtuber, singular, who's been wrong before.

Do you know what the mistakes were and how confidently they were predicted? Usually the criticism I see of him is that he's been right but they were lucky/obvious guesses.
BirdKeeperToby also said he believed it would be UK. This is often portrayed in correctly as he believes him because he thinks hes an alright guy, while he did say he was an alright guy, he didn't say that was his reason for believing him.

Where were these ties with other remakes?
FLRG didn't have too many links to RSE, but then HGSS and DPPT linked in heavily with Sinjoh/Arecus events etc.
Links to Kalos are forced in throughout ORAS.
The leak that promised a reveal a month ago?

There were multiple instances of artwork of sceptres and crowns all at once, not just 1 leak, including James Turners.
As for the specific one you are referring to, it was 2018 and said it would be revealed in the new year, it didn't say anything about the first week of the new year.

Thread closure 2/1
So there's been way too much fighting back and forth in this this thread lately, despite an in-thread that was done a few days ago. Because it hasn't stopped yet, we'll be locking this thread for 4 hours to give folks a chance to step back and cool off.

When the thread goes back up, we'd like the "UK as a region" subject to be dropped. It's been done to death at this point and it's just causing arguments and bitterness right now.

Mabye try to predict when the pokemon direct will happen
I'm predicting Feb 5th
Seems we have a mystery reveal happening on the 27th so... I'm kinda leaning toward Pokemon Day.

I'm predicting a Direct on February 5 or 6. If not then it’ll definitely happen by Pokémon day.

Hmmmm... if I'm not misunderstanding it, it's the Bandai mystery figurine (the anime-related one) that is being revealed on the 27th. That bumps it up from April to the same month as the Mewtwo-related figurine. They could be the same thing after all.

Wonder how the heck they'd get anything Mewtwo-related into the anime before Sun and Moon wraps up, then. Unless movies still count for the anime set- seems like an odd fit.

I don’t feel a reveal is close (that is, this week)

I dunno, there’s just not enough “smoke”? For LGPE, we had the domain names and logos leaked weeks before the announcement. Now it’s completely quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom