• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site, or it's archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • Hey everyone, if you hadn't heard, information about Sword and Shield has been leaking. Outside of the designated threads in our Current Events section, please keep all unrevealed Pokemon, names, or any other information in spoiler tags. This policy will be in effect until January 3rd. This is an exciting time for Pokémon fans, enjoy yourselves!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections. Applications are due by November 26th.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I saw something about two Pokemon being in love on Masuda's twitter so maybe the reveal will be on Valentine's day?

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
I don't, I think the first news we'll see will be between the 10th-15th. March CoroCoro leaks then, it traditionally has news.
They don't rely on CoroCoro anymore to announce main series games, due to it being only released in Japan.

Reaction score
If we don't see anything in Feb, why is March the next month that is most likely? I'm not saying that it isn't, I'm just genuinely asking because I missed why it may possibly be? Was it to do with a toy or something?
There is also a figurine that is marked as a "new Pokemon", which is set to be revealed sometime in March according to Pokeshopper.

Reaction score
I would say, tomorrow would be the absolute earliest, (for a simple reveal or trailer with a few to some moments of gameplay), and by the end of April at the very latest!

#1 Wooloo Fan
Reaction score
They don't rely on CoroCoro anymore to announce main series games, due to it being only released in Japan.
March CoroCoro (released in Feb) often reveal new Pokemon that tie in with the movie releasing that summer, and since it's a new gen this year, CoroCoro could reveal a new Pokemon, or form.

Lucario best pokemon.
Reaction score
Pokemon day was always my guess for the reveal, and i'm still betting on it.
also the release date should be november 15 if it follows last few years trend.

Reaction score
We knew literally nothing about X and Y before the announcment, and Sun and Moon only leaked the day before. Nintendo and TPCI have probably been outing the leakers

we knew that we were getting a pokemon game announced in feb weeks before the s/m trademarks were leaked though. There was a leaked NOA scheduling list that included "Pokemon Niji" on it and was described as a "20th anniversary celebration game" .

I agree with if the announcement were truly imminent, we'd probably have more rumblings when it comes to leaks/trademarks/hinting etc

Bringing the Thunder
Reaction score
We knew literally nothing about X and Y before the announcment, and Sun and Moon only leaked the day before. Nintendo and TPCI have probably been outing the leakers
Actually in the last few weeks of 2012, we did get a slight buildup to the XY announcement. On Christmas 2012, Game Freak sent out a Christmas card hinting that "Pokemon will be evolving in 2013" which was kind of a blatant hint that there was something significant happening. So it's not as if that announcement came completely out of nowhere.

Here to ride the rumor train.
Reaction score
Actually in the last few weeks of 2012, we did get a slight buildup to the XY announcement. On Christmas 2012, Game Freak sent out a Christmas card hinting that "Pokemon will be evolving in 2013" which was kind of a blatant hint that there was something significant happening. So it's not as if that announcement came completely out of nowhere.
I think we've been at that point for Gen 8 since 2017, though. XD

Reaction score
...hmm... might not be getting an announcement this month if the figurine reveals both have to do with the Mewtwo movie. Pokemon Day could just wind up being a movie trailer. But if it reveals something new, then we probably would get an announcement within a couple weeks after.

TeamFebruary/March has evolved to... TeamLateFebruary/EarlyMarch!

Good luck to everyone betting on the 5th/6th, though!

Vulpix velox
Reaction score
But you could be getting an even more enjoyable game if you did.
Maybe, maybe not. Thing is the lack of additional features doesn’t bother me as much because I never made much use of them even when they were available. I happen to be one of those people who “doesn’t have time for video games” Masuda keeps talking about.

Reaction score
But for real, i'm still thinking the 6th we will see something.
Yeah, it probably won't be the games, but ever since gen 5, we always get a least one new pokemon before we know the titles (Zoroark, Sylveon, Magearna). Feb 6 seems like a good day to reveal something before an official game reveal on Pokemon Day. And the 6th is before CoroCoro, so the magazine can feature it afterwards. Fingers crossed.

Stuck
Reaction score
Are you expecting something on the 6th because of Mewtwo's birthday? Then it isn't going to be a new Pokemon and I am not sure why you'd want another form. Revealing its role in the Detective Pikachu movie would be pretty fitting.

Reaction score
Yeah, it probably won't be the games, but ever since gen 5, we always get a least one new pokemon before we know the titles (Zoroark, Sylveon, Magearna). Feb 6 seems like a good day to reveal something before an official game reveal on Pokemon Day. And the 6th is before CoroCoro, so the magazine can feature it afterwards. Fingers crossed.
That’s true for Zoroark and Gen 5, and for Magearna and Gen 7. Sylveon was revealed just over a month after XY was revealed though

Reaction score
That’s true for Zoroark and Gen 5, and for Magearna and Gen 7. Sylveon was revealed just over a month after XY was revealed though
Mega Mewtwo Y was the pre-Gen reveal for Gen 6.

...pretty sure.

Edit: Nope, it was not. =D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.