• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still kind of inclined to say that the Crown probably IS a clue given GameFreak's recent history, but I think we could still be seeing some sort of region that is totally unexpected. It could be Niigata, it could be Italy, it could be Greece of all places...

I'm saying this because a part of me just feels like the blatant choice of London Bridge is Falling Down is a bit too obvious. Why? Because GameFreak knows their hardcore Pokémon fanbase all too well, and they've been known to play a prank or two, especially at a time like this when they know that a large number of fans are likely monitoring ever site out there for any possible hints and "leaks".

If memory serves, everybody was super confident that Gen 7 would end up being based on Spain, going by various evidence like the unused Couriway Town station, Zygarde, and even the Gold & Silver color of the Pokémon Sun & Moon logos. In the end the actual clues were much more subtle, and in retrospect they could've hinted at any sort of tropical region, rather than Hawaii specifically. So I wouldn't put it past GF at all to leave some incredibly obvious and probably misleading clues out in the open.

I never thought that Gen 7 would be in Spain, I always believed the Hawaii would be the one being the one simply because of art that was shown in the announcement trailer.

ADMIN NOTE:

We've been receiving multiple reports from this thread daily (sometimes hourly) for a while now to the point that it's becoming difficult for us to sort through all of it. While we are catching up on everything, I'm closing this thread so everybody can take a break. I'm assuming y'all have all read the rules and know what is expected of a reasonable, respectful discussion here. When we do re-open the thread I don't want to see any more baiting, flaming, or any other form of bullying. This topic is not worth it.

In-thread & Admin-Note 03/02/2019
Recently there's been quite the controversy when it comes to "Is the next Pokémon region going to be inspired by the UK?"
Yesterday you guys were asked by TeaWest to drop the topic for now and let it rest for a while, before bringing it back up again, as it's currently too touchy of a subject.

I'll request it once more, drop the UK theory for now. If in a couple of days you find some new evidence regarding the UK theory, please PM a VG Mod before posting about it, and they'll let you know if it's fine to talk about or not.

We do not wish to silence a topic here, as the whole point of this thread is to have fun seeing what other people believe the next game is going to feature. However if a certain topic stops us from being civil and only derailing the discussion, we'll have to step in.

Oh, and one last thing. This thread is about speculations, bullying from a month ago doesn't help towards the discussion either and only causes drama. So try to keep things on-topic.

As always, if you guys got any questions or remarks, just send me a PM and I'm willing to discuss it. But don't derail the thread with it, thanks.
- Dylan

The idea of topography appeared in basically the thread next to this one; I am certainly hoping there is a varied and unique landscape to explore!!
It has led to me wondering about what, if any, gameplay attributes will be added to the main character. For example, it does seem possible that they will add a jump ability, but I would be surprised if they added fall damage.

The idea of topography appeared in basically the thread next to this one; I am certainly hoping there is a varied and unique landscape to explore!!
It has led to me wondering about what, if any, gameplay attributes will be added to the main character. For example, it does seem possible that they will add a jump ability, but I would be surprised if they added fall damage.
I don't think they would add fall damage when the player is the one receiving it.

What about Oricorio's Baile form and Tapu Bulu?

Well Bulu itself is specifically based off a Hawaiian god of nature and peace. The Bull itself we cant really use as a hint for Spain as they originally come from the middle east, turkey and whatnot. like other cattle. It feels really reaching for Spain off that alone. But what Icy Wind said about the Hawaiin Hispanic's is true as well.

I wonder if Gen 8 news or the standard Nintendo Direct will come first in February. A lot of Resetra insiders are hinting at the main direct and none have said about anything Gen 8 yet.

I'm eager to see news for both XD

I wonder if Gen 8 news or the standard Nintendo Direct will come first in February. A lot of Resetra insiders are hinting at the main direct and none have said about anything Gen 8 yet.

Nintendo has already talked about alot of news recently so I think we will get a pokemon direct this month with a big nintendo direct in march

I think it'll be the Nintendo Direct, if it happens this month- definitely feels like Pokemon will come later this month or early next.

I hope we get a cold region this time. Thr icy sections of most other regions seem really random, but one that was almost all snowy would be pretty different.

I'd like to see seasons make a return though too, so maybe the ice would shrink in area during summer.

I think GF could do with implementing more events too, possibly monthly. Like, the global things from SM but better. Maybe legendaries, or swarm events of rare Pokemon.

If we get any sort of announcement this month or next month, it'll likely be for a November release.

... I wonder if Game Freak is trying to keep a more consistent release schedule this time around. Hm.

It seems to me that way, and its oddly not just Game Freak, its actually Nintendo as a whole I feel this time around. I mean everywhere I go, I see people asking "when is the next Nintendo Direct?" or "Nintendo has nothing outside Yoshi dated" (which is true, only Yoshi has been dated as of January), so the question here really is, IF we don't get any form of a Gen 8 announcement this month, is this deliberately being done by Game Freak, or have they been requested by Nintendo to keep quiet till the time is right for them to advertise the game? We have to remember, Nintendo also has the right to advertise and reveal the titles.

As for how they can reveal it, I'm not too sure why, but I feel the closest we will get to a Gen 8 announcement this month will be a Gen 8 Pokemon or form. We may see a proper reveal in the coming months however if Paul is correct. Also too add on Paul while we are at it, in case it has been posted yet:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSCUVVnpORA

TL;DR He basically goes over why and if Coro Coro is still relevant as of Gen 6 and 7. For the most part, in a way I feel they are, but with how communication is now very connected, I sadly feel the era of Coro Coro (and gaming magazines with news in general) are now a dying trend. RIP the moments I would look at a new Monthly Nintendo Power to see the new details on the next big Pokemon title.

I don't think they would add fall damage when the player is the one receiving it.

That is what makes sense to me also. There would have to be some ways of making large jumps or decending medium or long distances be safe. It could be within the shoes perhaps!
Maybe jumping would not be enabled until the specific fall-absorbing shoes were acquired!

I do wonder to what extent there would be "platforming" as part of exploration, and it feels like it would be very limited; but the option certainly is available!

It seems to me that way, and its oddly not just Game Freak, its actually Nintendo as a whole I feel this time around. I mean everywhere I go, I see people asking "when is the next Nintendo Direct?" or "Nintendo has nothing outside Yoshi dated" (which is true, only Yoshi has been dated as of January), so the question here really is, IF we don't get any form of a Gen 8 announcement this month, is this deliberately being done by Game Freak, or have they been requested by Nintendo to keep quiet till the time is right for them to advertise the game? We have to remember, Nintendo also has the right to advertise and reveal the titles.

As for how they can reveal it, I'm not too sure why, but I feel the closest we will get to a Gen 8 announcement this month will be a Gen 8 Pokemon or form. We may see a proper reveal in the coming months however if Paul is correct. Also too add on Paul while we are at it, in case it has been posted yet:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSCUVVnpORA

TL;DR He basically goes over why and if Coro Coro is still relevant as of Gen 6 and 7. For the most part, in a way I feel they are, but with how communication is now very connected, I sadly feel the era of Coro Coro (and gaming magazines with news in general) are now a dying trend. RIP the moments I would look at a new Monthly Nintendo Power to see the new details on the next big Pokemon title.

Eh, I think CoroCoro isn't too relevant if you're looking for the first announcement for new games? For everything else, they get some extra details that might not have dropped in a trailer, or they give us a look at a pokemon before the trailer drops. It's not a waste to look at CoroCoro for any news, for certain, it's just not going to be the very first news for any main series game. It's really more likely for them to be the first outlet for news if it's related to a movie or the anime, since Japan still gets those two things before anyone else. Global releases seem to have killed CoroCoro in regards to game news.

Yeah CoroCoro is pretty good for smaller details that usually get fully revealed in later trailers, at least that's how it's been in this past generation or so. I think we can still rely on it, but I don't think we'll see major major things from them till after the announcement (I can't seem to remember if Magearna's reveal was before or after Sun and Moon's announcement.

Yeah CoroCoro is pretty good for smaller details that usually get fully revealed in later trailers, at least that's how it's been in this past generation or so. I think we can still rely on it, but I don't think we'll see major major things from them till after the announcement (I can't seem to remember if Magearna's reveal was before or after Sun and Moon's announcement.
Magearna was revealed before! CoroCoro leaked it on February 10th, it was officially revealed on the 14th, and Sun and Moon was announced on the 27th. =3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom