• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, is not like I don't really care about Pokémon news — is just that I feel that Nintendo overall should focus on shedding some light into this year's releases + a few more.
If, for some reason, Pokémon gets focus this month and they show something about the games that would be cool, of course— but where's the rest? I didn't buy the Switch for Pokémon only. The only 2019 Nintendo game we know so far with a release date is Yoshi's Crafted World :/

sadness

EDIT: You would see me on the first wagon of hype train when they decide to drop Pokémon news, no doubt.

Ive been saying this for a while lol We are long overdue for a standard direct for Nintendo.

Honestly I couldn't care less about a Pokémon Direct or Pokémon news.
I only want a general Direct.

oof.

I'm the opposite. I can wait on general Nintendo news because I'm not exactly lacking in Nintendo games to play, but I haven't truly enjoyed a Pokemon game in the last few years and this game has been teased endlessly to the point where I just want confirmation. Just tell me what it is so I can get excited for it or ignore it and focus on something else.

"No successor or a price cut at this time" likely means "not before November". I am not sure what it has to do with Player Jables' post.

Just tell me what it is so I can get excited for it or ignore it and focus on something else.
You haven't really liked any game since Platinum, so I think you should focus on something else no matter what you think has been promised to you. They're just going to focus on graphics and new Pokemon for the first few months, anyway.

To be fair, is not like I don't really care about Pokémon news — is just that I feel that Nintendo overall should focus on shedding some light into this year's releases + a few more.
If, for some reason, Pokémon gets focus this month and they show something about the games that would be cool, of course— but where's the rest? I didn't buy the Switch for Pokémon only. The only 2019 Nintendo game we know so far with a release date is Yoshi's Crafted World :/

sadness

EDIT: You would see me on the first wagon of hype train when they decide to drop Pokémon news, no doubt.

This is how I feel - Especially with Animal Crossing.

If you frequent the /r/animalcrossing subreddit, the community there has become incredibly restless, filled with memes on how impatient they are for any sort of news about the games. One reason is there has been an almost 5 month drought since its confirmation. But surprisingly, another reason is that the release date of Pokemon (Often usually in October/Novemer) could make for the Animal Crossing game releasing at an earlier date, or even into next year, just so the two franchises don't conflict with each other.

I'm not that impatient about news of the next Pokemon game - We at least have some idea about when it might get released this year. But considering all the delays that have occurred, the news drought of Animal Crossing is driving its fanbase insane. >.>

Last edited:
Hm... saw mention on Pokebeach that a summary for a Japanese comic adaptation of the Detective Pikachu film mentioned Mew and Mewtwo as being in it, but I can't find their source for that. Though I guess that wouldn't be too surprising, considering Mewtwo is a main character in the Detective Pikachu game.

Starting to see how this is definitely gonna be the Year of Mewtwo between the two films.

In other news, (no surprise) the secret eeveelution art was a picture of Eevee with every evolution:

1549020432_eeveedotpix5-500x500.jpg

I still hope we get a new Eeveelution, though.

I thought that someone 'official' from Nintendo had said that there were NO plans for a switch mini? Or maybe I'm remembering incorrectly... I honestly don't see the point for them to make one - the price point wouldn't be that much different anyways. The Switch is already portable, so why make a mini version??
They just said they have nothing to comment

Right now, I couldn't care less about general directs because I don't have a switch. I've always bought the Nintendo consoles for pokemon (and then bought more games after).

But I'm just one person.

In other news, (no surprise) the secret eeveelution art was a picture of Eevee with every evolution:

1549020432_eeveedotpix5-500x500.jpg

I still hope we get a new Eeveelution, though.
Even numbered generations have traditionally introduced at least one new Eeveelution. This pattern, however, may break.

The differnce from this one and animal crossing yesterday is the animal crossing one had private videos uploaded. This one didn't

I had not heard about the animal crossing news. It seems that private videos were not uploaded, but old videos were marked as private. However, the last edited date is still May 29 2018. So unlike animal crossing, the last edited date has changed, but we don't know exactly what happened.

I had not heard about the animal crossing news. It seems that private videos were not uploaded, but old videos were marked as private. However, the last edited date is still May 29 2018. So unlike animal crossing, the last edited date has changed, but we don't know exactly what happened.
Thats what I meant :)
It's suspicious for sure
We gota keep an eye or 2 out

Let's just be glad that the theories being made about the new region aren't ridiculous, I saw ridiculous theories about Octo Expansion when it was first announced for Splatoon 2 and they drove me crazy, things like "This Octoling is an Inkling/Octarian hybrid" or "The Sanitized Octarians are the true Octarians" were way too common, glad both of those were proven to be wrong thanks to in-game text and developer interviews. Trust me, seeing someone claiming their theory as fact just annoys me so much.

Last edited:
You haven't really liked any game since Platinum, so I think you should focus on something else no matter what you think has been promised to you. They're just going to focus on graphics and new Pokemon for the first few months, anyway.

First of all, I liked BW2. Second, what I'm saying is that this game will make or break my continued interest in this series. That's why I want to see confirmed information sooner rather than later. And what I'm mainly interested in is the size and openness of the overworld, which is something we're going to see pretty early. Once we see the first gameplay trailer and the region map, we'll have a pretty good idea of that.

Huh, Paul bringing up a good point here about Mega Evolution having featured in Let's Go. That is kind of notable, considering they forwent other mechanics and newer things like... held items, abilities, other cross-gen evolutions...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HND9bFhdSXw

They still didn't introduce any new ones. I think that Mega Evolution (along with Z-Moves) will be pushed aside in favor of a new gimmick.

They still didn't introduce any new ones. I think that Mega Evolution (along with Z-Moves) will be pushed aside in favor of a new gimmick.
Well no, obviously they didn't add new ones in those games, but it's still interesting that they opted to include them when they didn't bother with so many other things- not even Z-moves! Regional variants I can understand, since Pokemon GO has them, but Megas aren't available in that game yet either. They were largely ignored and swept under the rug throughout most of Gen 7, and then suddenly it's like "Guys! Guess what! Mega Kangaskhan and Mega Gyarados are a thing!" which made for a very sad trailer at the time.

It is a small glimmer of hope that the point was perhaps reintroducing the concept for those newcomers that they were hoping to attract so they wouldn't be confused if they just so happened to introduce... a few more?

I'm not going to get too excited about it, but it does have me tilting my head and wondering. Especially on top of the cave paintings in southern France thing and Eternal Flower Floette still hanging around with little updates.

1. They didn't make it a secret that they were visiting those caves. And yet we never knew about their trips to New York, northern France or Hawaii.

2. Megas being in LGPE is no different than the inclusion of Alolan variants. They were making the most of Kanto Pokemon.

3. Holding onto Eternal Floette for six years is a bit much. There will be actually new Pokemon to promote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom