• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The man with the plan that owns a SHINY Meltan (so jealous of him lol) has uploaded another video:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX2lH6dJ-OE

As always the TL;DR:
  1. Is for the US only (I hope we get Charmander and Squirtle too!)
  2. November, December. and January 2020 being hidden is very "particular", as is "A Cool new Friend".
  3. Paul mentions parallels to a pin set that as I believe he said featured Solgaleo and Lunala prior to official reveal (I am assuming they were covered or left blank till reveal).
  4. Very surprising, and an exuberant amount of merchandise from Funko x Pokemon.
  5. There were some prior issues with Funko and Pokemon, but with this reveal, it seems to have been resolved.
  6. Its very curious, and questionable about the "A Cool New Friend". Not sure if its season related OR Gen 8 related.

Anyways, hope you guys enjoy. Hope we get news soon. Cheers guys!

Point 1: Pokemon Follow Us will likely not happen in gen 8, because of the amount of Pokemon we will have.
Actually, I don't understand this point- they already have walking and running animations for every pokemon. What else do they need to implement a following mechanic in Gen 8?

They could remove z-moves this gen, who knows...the purpose of z-moves was to give all pokemon a chance in battle. We all know that never happened.
They didn't remove megas, and z-moves seemed to have achieved exactly what they set out to do... gave every pokemon access to a power boost in battle. I don't think they'll be going anywhere anytime soon.

Last edited:
Point 1: Pokemon Follow Us will likely not happen in gen 8, because of the amount of Pokemon we will have.

Point 3: (Pre)-Evolutions for existing mons are also likely not gonna happen.

Point 4 and 5: It more likely we get new Z-Moves than Mega's, since Z-Moves are more balanced since every Pokemon can use it.

Point 6: Not gonna talk about that, because we are not allowed to talk about that region

Point 8: It don't think we get a new Eeveelution, since then the Eevee Z-Move animation needs to be updated.

Even in Gen 7, they had planned to have walking pokemon initially, if it wasn't for technological restrictions with the 3ds, you'd have them. Anyway Gen 7 includes 1-802 with full on walk cycles in big detail.

So this is very easy to port over, they would only have to include specific cycles for the remaining 6 Gen 7, and the 100ish at most Gen 8 mons. Easy peasy right there lol

Its saying a NEW friend, so its obviously a new Pokemon.
Eeeeh... it also corresponds with December and the other figures have punny names, so there's a good chance that it could be referring to a snowman. Not to say that it might not feature a new pokemon too, since the timing is suspect, but I don't think that the name of the figure is all that obvious as to what it implies.

Eeeeh... it also corresponds with December and the other figures have punny names, so there's a good chance that it could be referring to a snowman. Not to say that it might not feature a new pokemon too, since the timing is suspect, but I don't think that the name of the figure is all that obvious as to what it implies.
Hi, just wanted to ask, are you sure it corresponds to December, because Paul and Joe are saying the tag line is for November (Unless I am mistaken and Winter starts in November now, or they are mistaken, and it was for December. Apologizes btw). SOURCE:

View: https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/1093202038014521349

In any case, we could also say that the New Friends saying is meant to portray Thanksgiving, as you are giving your thanks and giving love and joy to your friends and family. But I guess time will tell. Anyways, sorry if you mind me chiming in, and cheers! ;)

Hi, just wanted to ask, are you sure it corresponds to December, because Paul and Joe are saying the tag line is for November (Unless I am mistaken and Winter starts in November now, or they are mistaken, and it was for December. Apologizes btw). SOURCE:

View: https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/1093202038014521349

In any case, we could also say that the New Friends saying is meant to portray Thanksgiving, as you are giving your thanks and giving love and joy to your friends and family. But I guess time will tell. Anyways, sorry if you mind me chiming in, and cheers! ;)

Oh all of the figures are released a month ahead of the month that they are representing- that's why we got the St. Patrick's Day figure in February instead of March and the "Completely Thank-Full" figure releasing in October instead of November. So "A Cool New Friend" releases in November, but judging by the other figures, it's actually going to represent December- hence the likelihood of "Cool" referring to snow.

I assume the release schedule is so people have time to buy them before their associated holidays.

I know those Pikachu figurines are US exclusive, but is there any reason why the Lucky Pikachu / St Patricks Celebration Pikachu is available in February instead of March ?

The month ahead schedule release makes sense now.

Do we have any ideas of what the holidays / special days / these could represent ?

March : One Rainy Day

April : Blooming Curiosity

May : Sweet Days Are Here

June : Sparking Up A Celebration

July : Splashing Away Summer

August : Charged Up for Game Day

September : Surprise To fall for

October : Completely Thankful

November : A Cool New Friend

December : Ringing In The Fun

January : Surprising Weather Ahead

The seasons seem to connect with Northern Hemisphere seasonal periods.

The fanny thing is that this monthly release of the 12 Pikachu and its mysteries starts in February and ends before February. So February may be intended as the beginning of this new pokemon year, which is promising.

Do we have any ideas of what the holidays / special days / these could represent ?

I'm not sure on most of them after a glance, but, assuming they are representing holidays in the following months, June's could be relating to the 4th July, October's could be thanksgiving, and December's maybe the new year? (They're probably the easiest/most obvious ones)

March/April - April Showers bring May Flowers
May - Looks like it might be a picnic
June - 4th of July
July - Swimming
August - end of the Major League Baseball season football season starts
September - Autumn/Halloween
October - Thanksgiving
November - Snow
December - New Year's
January - ???

Last edited:
March/April - April Showers bring May Flowers
May - Looks like it might be a picnic
June - 4th of July
July - Swimming
August - end of the Major League Baseball season
September - Autumn/Halloween
October - Thanksgiving
November - Snow
December - New Year's
January - ???
The march one looks like the sad pikachu from the upcoming movie:
_104304494_mediaitem104304493.jpg

Last edited:
Oh my bad- apparently football season starts in September too, so that is probably Game Day... I don't know, I don't follow sports. XD It looks like there's a football in the silhouette, though.

I wonder if January might not be Pokemon Day- "Surprising" Weather Ahead, like a birthday surprise? Whoooo knows.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom