• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokémon’s Facebook profile pic was updated to a valentines theme as well. I don’t remember them do this much Valentine’s Day stuff last year. Probably nothing but who knows

It would probably be possible at this point for there to be functional programming within the game engine that would allow Pokemon to become friends with one another.
I guess this would require a free-standing location similar to Amie or Refresh but in which you can bring out many or all Pokemon at once, and often just allow them to interact and be together. Throughout this process specific Pokemon would become friends, and maybe there could be an overall bond between the whole current team!

Some of that might be to complex to program, but there would probably be a happy medium that would really work!
Game Freak has left themselves a lot of room to one day really expand on the "virtual pet" aspect within a main series game!

Oh all of the figures are released a month ahead of the month that they are representing- that's why we got the St. Patrick's Day figure in February instead of March and the "Completely Thank-Full" figure releasing in October instead of November. So "A Cool New Friend" releases in November, but judging by the other figures, it's actually going to represent December- hence the likelihood of "Cool" referring to snow.

I assume the release schedule is so people have time to buy them before their associated holidays.
Just a random funny idea that popped into my brain as I was doing my Statistic's homework. What IF (hypothetically) the cool friend is a snowman, BUT it was of a Gen 8 Pokemon?
Mind=Blown
ORIGINAL.jpg

But seriously, it would be interesting if that was the case. Still, its very suspicious that November, December, and January are left blank. But who knows.
Anyways, I wanted to ask everyone's opinion on this, but how would people feel about voice acted cutscenes? I know people hated the cutscenes in Sun and Moon, but hear me out.
In Zelda, a game with no voice acting, added it in to BOTW. But instead of making it all over the place, and having Link be voiced (like the Fallout 4 guy), they opted to keep Link a silent
protagonist, and instead have the characters around him talk, but only in important cutscenes. How would you guys feel if Game Freak took that approach, and did that for its cutscenes. I think it may make an overall improvement for the cutscenes and make them enjoyable. Anyways, enough of my wish list ramble, Cheers everyone, and Happy Thursday!

Just a random funny idea that popped into my brain as I was doing my Statistic's homework. What IF (hypothetically) the cool friend is a snowman, BUT it was of a Gen 8 Pokemon?
Mind=Blown
ORIGINAL.jpg

But seriously, it would be interesting if that was the case. Still, its very suspicious that November, December, and January are left blank. But who knows.
Anyways, I wanted to ask everyone's opinion on this, but how would people feel about voice acted cutscenes? I know people hated the cutscenes in Sun and Moon, but hear me out.
In Zelda, a game with no voice acting, added it in to BOTW. But instead of making it all over the place, and having Link be voiced (like the Fallout 4 guy), they opted to keep Link a silent
protagonist, and instead have the characters around him talk, but only in important cutscenes. How would you guys feel if Game Freak took that approach, and did that for its cutscenes. I think it may make an overall improvement for the cutscenes and make them enjoyable. Anyways, enough of my wish list ramble, Cheers everyone, and Happy Thursday!
I would definitely be happy with minor voice acting. Have it in Cutscenes and and generic “voice sounds” when interacting with NPC’s as they speak akin to games like Okami and BOTW. Honestly for me though, the one feature I think would really expand the and breath life into the world is Player-controlled camera. Let me look around, leave references and items for me to find. Let me see each town and city and route from different perspectives.

It would probably be possible at this point for there to be functional programming within the game engine that would allow Pokemon to become friends with one another.
I guess this would require a free-standing location similar to Amie or Refresh but in which you can bring out many or all Pokemon at once, and often just allow them to interact and be together. Throughout this process specific Pokemon would become friends, and maybe there could be an overall bond between the whole current team!

Some of that might be to complex to program, but there would probably be a happy medium that would really work!
Game Freak has left themselves a lot of room to one day really expand on the "virtual pet" aspect within a main series game!
Love this idea.

Mind=Blown
ORIGINAL.jpg

What about a Grass/Ice snowman as a starter? That would be pretty unique, especially for starters, which are usually animals

Mind=Blown
ORIGINAL.jpg

These figures are being handled by funko where things always get leaked. If this actually is the case we might get a gen 8 design leaked early

What about a Grass/Ice snowman as a starter? That would be pretty unique, especially for starters, which are usually animals
These figures are being handled by funko where things always get leaked. If this actually is the case we might get a gen 8 design leaked early
Correct me if I am wrong (and props to the fellow who will go above and beyond to correct me, thank you, let's have lunch on me) but if memory serves correct, I recalled that sometime ago there was a rumor from the Sun and Moon days that said we were going to have a Ghost/Ice Snowman Pokemon. Many assume it may have been mistaken as Crabominable, and other wrote it off as bits of fake info added in with real to cover their tracks.
What if that said Ghost/Ice type Pokemon rumored way back when was actually planned for Gen 8, but was oddly held off? Just something cool I though I'd mention. But seriously, correct me IF I am INDEED incorrect and I am suffering from a case of the Mandella Effect (wouldn't be the first time sadly). Cheers everyone!

Well, I think the snowman being Crabominable theory is possible, specially after seeing places were they call yetis snowmen. Sadly, the Ghost/Ice thing I remember is from a fake leak, so maybe that's how they interpreted that.
Yeah. The "Snowman" part of the Chinese Leak referred to Crabominable. The confusion is the result of the Chinese words for "Snowman" and "Yeti" being the same. And, yes, the part about the "snowman" being Ice/Ghost is from a fake leak.

So, there was something of a press-event yesterday? Judging by that tweet of a journalist (not the 2018 one).

It sounds too similar to Snover.
That's what i was thinking too
Mabye a Fire/Ice or Water/Ice snowman
I reslly wish we hade more unique starters
So, there was something of a press-event yesterday? Judging by that tweet of a journalist (not the 2018 one).
Mabye it's tommorow. Rogersbase didn't say anything else about the trip provided by nintendo after the tweet today

Last edited:
Mind=Blown
ORIGINAL.jpg

Only issue with this is BOTW only got away with this by having your character auto default named to link taking away the classical feature to name Link of your choosing

Pokemon games typically address your character via name in the script and rely on it. Only way for Pokemon to feature voice acting, would be to never address your name for voice acting scenes and to address your name via text only or none at all. This is very achievable if they really wanted but if would somewhat change character interaction from what we are used to. Pokemon is def far behind most standard JRPG games in this regard, I would be open to having voice acting if it improves the story mode making it more engaging and believable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom