• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They could have announced Zeraora in December or in February but they decided to announce it in April when we are expecting the reveal of the new games. Clearly there's more about Zeraora than what we think.
Volcanion wasn't officially revealed until December 2015, more than two years after the release of XY. A few months isn't a huge deal. (And just because some fans expect a reveal in April doesn't mean they're going to get one)
Remember that we need a port to the next games in the upcoming movie and if there are no new pokemon in it then we need something else.
Where is this law stated?

Volcanion wasn't officially revealed until December 2015, more than two years after the release of XY. A few months isn't a huge deal. (And just because some fans expect a reveal in April doesn't mean they're going to get one)

Where is this law stated?
What I meant is that they probably decided to reveal Zeraora and the new games in the same month. This has never happened.
The law is a solid statement in pokemon movie. We have always had a hint in the movie to what's in the next games/generations: Marill and Snubull, Latios and Latias, Lucario and Manaphy, Zoroark, Mega Mewtwo, Magearna. Always.

What I meant is that they probably decided to reveal Zeraora and the new games in the same month. This has never happened.
The law is a solid statement in pokemon movie. We have always had a hint in the movie to what's in the next games/generations: Marill and Snubull, Latios and Latias, Lucario and Manaphy, Zoroark, Mega Mewtwo, Magearna. Always.

Fully agreed, its a pattern and standard for 20 or so years but they can break it any time i suppose. But a movie with no real gen 8 hint + long waiting times will be annoying for the fanbase in another sense as well.

only 30 mon? whats next 2 mons? sorry but for me the april fools has begun anything its real

tomorrow is april fools, can't wait to see that so real pokejungle picture :p

I don't know about completely writing off Pokejungle's claim just yet. Normally I would, but we got a few select people that are not affiliated with him that claim that the description of the picture is real. Especially now with the Pokeshopper incident happening less than a week after, I feel like the two incidents are connected and both people are claiming the first half of April will shed some light on what's to come.

Lol no. Its bad and not something worth spending money on.

Each to their own I guess, but if a game had (1)a brand-new region and plot or (2)an old region but brand-new plot, 30 new 'mons wouldn't really bother me that much. Just as long as there's a decent amount of total catchable Pokemon, both new and old combined, I could roll with it.

One of these days I'd like to make Castform my signature Pokemon, weather nerd that I am... :X3:

I know that having only 30 new mons and 30 new regional variants will be bad, but we have to understand that there are so much pokemon and someday they will run out of ideas or they will not want to add a lot of new mons because of "gotta catch them all... all the 2000 pokemon that we have!" it's a matter of time and I'll not be surprised if someday we have a very few amount of new mons.

I know that having only 30 new mons and 30 new regional variants will be bad, but we have to understand that there are so much pokemon and someday they will run out of ideas or they will not want to add a lot of new mons because of "gotta catch them all... all the 2000 pokemon that we have!" it's a matter of time and I'll not be surprised if someday we have a very few amount of new mons.
Yeah i agree. Its probably inevitable. We already have fewer new pokemon every gen and are they really going to make like 1500 plus monsters? Probobly not. I dont know if its something i like, but its something we probobly will have to expect, if not this gen then in the coming few

Yeah i agree. Its probably inevitable. We already have fewer new pokemon every gen and are they really going to make like 1500 plus monsters? Probobly not. I dont know if its something i like, but its something we probobly will have to expect, if not this gen then in the coming few
Perhaps, in the far off distance, in generation 20, they will only make 12 new pokemon per generation. The 3 Starter evolutionary lines and the Legendary trio of the generation.

There was a Pichu in another figure line that was revealed early this month. So both it and Cleffa were never a mystery despite their exclusion from the trailer. That said, I still suspect that the "low-tier" mystery is Spiky-eared Pichu or a variant in that vein.

I'd just like to say that fusion is a cringeworthy idea. Game Freak should be pursuing natural concepts like regional variants rather than concepts that have been done to death in other franchises. I remember that there was a rumor about breeding in HGSS yielding hybrid variations, which could be a cool way to produce the same level of differences as regional variants. You'd have the base species (dictated by the mother) with some colors/quirks borrowed from the father, and the battle attributes would be a mix. The name of the game would be subtle design changes rather than in-your-face ones.

There was a Pichu in another figure line that was revealed early this month. So both it and Cleffa were never a mystery despite their exclusion from the trailer. That said, I still suspect that the "low-tier" mystery is Spiky-eared Pichu or a variant in that vein.

I'd just like to say that fusion is a cringeworthy idea. Game Freak should be pursuing natural concepts like regional variants rather than concepts that have been done to death in other franchises. I remember that there was a rumor about breeding in HGSS yielding hybrid variations, which could be a cool way to produce the same level of differences as regional variants. You'd have the base species (dictated by the mother) with some colors/quirks borrowed from the father, and the battle attributes would be a mix. The name of the game would be subtle design changes rather than in-your-face ones.

I can't be the only one excited for the New Pichu and Eevee Necrozma forms (Fluffy Tail Necrozma and CutiePie Spark Cheecks Necrozma). I know they're gonna get announced tomorrow i just know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom