• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m getting a feeling about Valentine’s Day. Between all the social media updates, Masuda’s tweet and a limited edition switch dropping on the 15th, it really feels like news is imminent. Then again, GF/ TPC are just as likely trolling us because they know the people who analyze these sorts of things are gonna buy the game anyway. So they might as well have fun with us while they wait out until a strategic reveal to snag more casual players.

They can reveal a new pokemon using the event.
HMMMM

Unpopular opinion here, I guess, but I like NOT having voice acting in the Pokemon games. I feel like that is part of what makes them unique.

This is not unique among JRPG, many have no voice acting. Not having sound and voice allows you to imagine you are immersed in the world, you are playing the role of essentially this chosen one. That's been the idea since Gen 1.

For me, I would only want voice acting if it's UK based, would be a huge turn off if american, or the ability to have Japanese. at the very least.

I feel that XY was a good opportunity for voice acting. You had the nicknames, a few cutscenes that were quite short.

So if we do get voice acting, make it just a few short moments. Or give us the choice of reading or watching. A simple way to make most people happy.

Then again, GF/ TPC are just as likely trolling us because they know the people who analyze these sorts of things are gonna buy the game anyway. So they might as well have fun with us while they wait out until a strategic reveal to snag more casual players.
The third possibility is that you're choosing to see a hidden meaning where none exists.

I feel that XY was a good opportunity for voice acting. You had the nicknames, a few cutscenes that were quite short.

So if we do get voice acting, make it just a few short moments. Or give us the choice of reading or watching. A simple way to make most people happy.
As someone whose name starts with a "D", I'm glad they didn't use voice acting in X/Y. All the nicknames sounded like stealth insults instead. Same if someone had a name starting with "C".

Couldn't you choose your own nickname? I thought I had my nickname as "Scruffy" with my actual name as "Jay". Likely wouldn't have voice-acting for custom names like that.
You had the following options:

Male:
  • Li'l "First letter of name"
  • "First letter of name"-Meister
  • Big "First letter of name"

Female:
  • Lady "First letter of name"
  • "First letter of name"-kins

Both:
- Any nickname of your choice.

You had the following options:

Male:
  • "First letter of name"-Meister
  • Big "First letter of name"
Female:
  • Lady "First letter of name"
  • "First letter of name"-kins
Both:
- Any nickname of your choice.
Yup, that's why I disliked every single one. It sounds like they are calling me Li'l Dick, Big Dick or Dick-Meister, the last of them might even be a R34 artist's name also who the hell uses "meister" in a nickname?

I got an email notification to check here just to see "my dad."

Voice acting would be weird but also it could work if done properly. I'm neither for or against it.

I want a lot more new pokemon. New evo new baby pokemon new megas new variants. These past 2 gens have felt rather small

sigh "No, Rotom, for the hundredth time, I don't want to be called Roto-D. I just want to use the frickin' map."
I just let Rotom call me Roto-M to get it to stop talking about it. But it still keeps yammering on and on.

Please go back to a regular Dex in Gen 8. Or please don't let Rotom talk so much if they insist with the Rotom Dex.

I just let Rotom call me Roto-M to get it to stop talking about it. But it still keeps yammering on and on.

Please go back to a regular Dex in Gen 8. Or please don't let Rotom talk so much if they insist with the Rotom Dex.
Theres no bottom screen for rotom to talk from so I think you're good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom