• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • Regarding Isle of Armor/Crown Tundra DLC Spoilers

For users browsing this forum, be aware that you may stumble upon spoilers! Threads that have spoilered information will be tagged as such, but still do take caution.
    Spoiler Embargo will be in place one month from DLC release. This means it will lift on July 17th, 2020.

• The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • The 2020 staff drive for Bulbagarden is now live! If you're interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff team (whether it be forums, social media, or more!) then you're encouraged to apply!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Zell mentioned pokemon as well? I assumed 13th would be him referring to a general direct but if he hinted towards pokemon too I'm hyped

formerly techitisJ
Reaction score
Mario Maker 2 and Pokemon in the same direct would be really hype. I don't think I can see it happening because Pokemon usually likes to do things themselves, but dang that would make for a hype direct. And I think it would fill into the criteria of an unrevealed online Nintendo game that Nintendo was mentioning somewhere around a week ago.

Looking for a way to be whole again.
Reaction score
Maybe this could be the first general direct to announce Pokemon? Also, I hope he meant Pikmin 4, since that game has been announced forever ago and it still didn't receive an announcement.

Reaction score
Hey, do ya'll remember when Pokemon filed a trademark for "Ultra Shiny"? I wonder if that will be in the Gen 8 game? Like, something beyond a shiny pokemon. Pretty interesting.

Lucario best pokemon.
Reaction score
Only 2 weeks and a half left until pokemon day.
we almost there

Gather round, people, I'll tell you a story
Reaction score
New gen of pokemon games will NEVER get revealed on a NINTENDO direct.
it's gonna get his own direct
Exactly. Pokemon Directs were how both sets of Alola games were announced, and I doubt they'd do anything less for the first games in an entirely new gen.

Reaction score

Seriously tho, I don't believe that the twenty-third anniversary would be so important to them. Like techitisJ said.

And it's worth remembering that King Zell has been wrong some times before, so it's good to wait until the 13th to see if we'll actually have a Direct.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wait isn't Pikmin 3 already out? Is this supposed to be a port?

That aside Mario Maker 2 is big news all on its own. But Mario Maker and Pokemon in the same direct would be huge.

As I've said before, if Pokemon is part if Nintendo's switch strategy they might announce it in a Nintendo direct instead of on their own like they usually do. But who knows.

How credible do we think this is?
Hey lads, so I just want to clear things up, I kinda made my post quickly as I had class in 5 minutes when I wrote it. Anyways, I'm not too sure about the rules here for ResetEra, so I'll take a risk and post it here:
Its Post Number 1536
In any case, my apologizes for making the hasty post, I should have linked it as well. Answering the question above, Pikmin 3 seems to be getting remastered for Switch, as Emily Rogers said in a prior post on Era that 2 Wii U titles will be ported over, one being from 2013. Pikmin 3 was released in 2013, and it could hint that 4 is very much coming soon (I HOPE).
As for when Pokemon can be announced, both Zell and Emily slated it will be revealed soon, but have not given any idea when or how long this "soon" is sadly. I'll try to keep you guys posted. Again, apologizes, and I'll try to do a better job next time. Cheers and Happy Friday!

Reaction score
While I find it difficult to believe that they will reveal the games on a Nintendo Direct rather than through their own direct, the 13th matches is really close to Valentine Day (maybe it will air on the 14th in Japan) and could match a possible hint from Masuda and the official Twitter account.

Btw who said we'll get a direct on the 13th?

i love space
Reaction score
New gen of pokemon games will NEVER get revealed on a NINTENDO direct.
it's gonna get his own direct
Exactly this, unless something changes (unlikely).
Friendly reminder they revealed Let's go on a completely out of the blue press conference.

like they care lol

Status
Not open for further replies.