• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they decided to be apart of a Nintendo Direct after their initial doubts about the Switch have been washed away and decided to throw in the support for the Switch by being apart of a Nintendo Direct?

Either way, the better scenario would be Pokemon being announced before Nintendo announce the rest of the games. It would allow games with less followings to stay on people's minds a lot long.

Why would that involve being part of a Nintendo Direct?
...Because they were initially VERY doubtful about the Switch's success and since they've been proven wrong. Them joining in a Nintendo DIrect with Pokemon could show their support for the Switch.

...Because they were initially VERY doubtful about the Switch's success and since they've been proven wrong. Them joining in a Nintendo DIrect with Pokemon could show their support for the Switch.
I get that they were doubtful, but Nintendo posts the Pokemon Directs and the games are going to be on the Switch anyway- being in a Nintendo Direct doesn't really make any difference there.

Ishihara always talks about how this will be a game that old fans will appreciate
Hmm
What if we get a gen 8 reveal on Valentines day as a "love letter" from gamefreak?

I wonder what is GF waiting for.
How relevant is LGPE rn? Everyone must have finished the game.
I haven't even played them, but I also don't have a Switch. They've only been out for about five months anyway, are we really so greedy that we feel entitled to new games less than half a year after the last ones released?

I haven't even played them, but I also don't have a Switch. They've only been out for about five months anyway, are we really so greedy that we feel entitled to new games less than half a year after the last ones released?
It's more like Game Freak hasn't given us a Pokemon game with a lot of content since Gen 6, as LGPE doesn't provide a post-game that's going to keep people playing.

It's more like Game Freak hasn't given us a Pokemon game with a lot of content since Gen 6, as LGPE doesn't provide a post-game that's going to keep people playing.
Gen VI? Gen VII had plenty of content across the board, including post-game content (which I feel is too much of a priority for some people tbh, I'd rather have a main game with a good story and characters than an expansive post-game).

Gen 6 for XY and ORAS had very short and limited postgames.

Unless you mean Gen 5 where there was a ton of content postgame.

Gen VI? Gen VII had plenty of content across the board, including post-game content (which I feel is too much of a priority for some people tbh, I'd rather have a main game with a good story and characters than an expansive post-game).
The only worthwhile thing Gen 7 had was the Rainbow Rocket episode and catching the legendaries, the Battle Tree isn't even interesting since it's just a watered down version of the PWT from Black 2 and White 2.

The only worthwhile thing Gen 7 had was the Rainbow Rocket episode and catching the legendaries, the Battle Tree isn't even interesting since it's just a watered down version of the PWT from Black 2 and White 2.
Regardless of whether you consider it good content or not, it's still a substantial amount of content. You can't say "GameFreak hasn't given us a game with a lot of content since Gen VI" and then prove it by just ignoring content you don't like.

Regardless of whether you consider it good content or not, it's still a substantial amount of content. You can't say "GameFreak hasn't given us a game with a lot of content since Gen VI" and then prove it by just ignoring content you don't like.
I didn't say that I didn't like any of it, I just don't think Master Trainers are worth the time to find and beat. And completing the Pokedex isn't supposed to be forced onto a player who wishes to have a challenge.

Claiming it now: in the next few days will appear another fake leak saying that the name of the games will be You and Me (again).

Seriously, I think there's a chance we have Pokémon news on 13th/14, but I don't think it would be directly tied to commemorative dates.

I also don't believe all the promotion they're doing around Valentines Day mean anything, but I'm sure someone will take advantage of that to create a fake leak by then.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom