• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now there was a very interesting leak around 2014 claiming the games in development were code named Plus and Minus. (Next Gen Pokemon Games Called Plus And Minus? | My Nintendo News)
Oh joy, we're bringing it back again....

No offense to you personally, PirateKing, but +- hardly had a leg to stand on in the first place, and it's really strange that it's still being brought up almost five years later. Even pretending that Geno was looking at concept art of SuMo, his leak just doesn't hold up-he claims "Pokemon Plus and Minus" are the codenames, despite the codenames for games always being one word (and, in fact, SuMo's codename is known to be Niji), he says they're the games following XY (despite ORAS being well into development at the time), and had a slew of information that never gets anywhere near the game, despite Geno claiming it was near completion. The only things close to right are the legendaries (if you squint-does Lunala really look like it has hurricane limbs?), the idea of a physical place to connect (which has been present since the Union Room of Gen 3), and the idea of a handheld/home console hybrid, which was already speculated about, and which Geno clearly knew nothing about. (His statements about the NX included "It can literally Bluetooth synch with everything, especially smart phone and tablets to the point where one feature is that it can answer phone calls and display text messages from your phone onto the screens itself so you don’t have to stop and answer your smart device." ( x ) )

It's been four+ years, people really ought to stop pretending Geno is worth revisiting.

Ok, but I think that what was speculated is still valid.

Personally, a postgame with a connected region could be really cool! And it would mean we would get more mega evolutions!

We should be receiving news, soon I hope. Maybe we will have more stuff to work with in the following week

Wow I missed a lot. This whole Valentines Day hinting is now driving me pretty crazy. If they reveal the new games on Valentines Day I will propose to my Pikachu plush right then and there. If I don't reply after that my roommates might have taken me to a mental hospital.

I really hope the titles are something completely unexpected.

I agree. I want to see some really cool and unexpected names out here. There was one that we had a while back that just so interesting and unique. I think it was Twin of Miracle and Twin of Calamity or something like that. Looking back on it now, idk if it could ever happen, but those were some cool names and I would love to one day see some cool names like that on a Pokemon game.

EDIT: Turns out that's Miracle Twins is a TCG set. Thanks for the heads @prog rocker . I remember hearing something about it being for TCG, but I don't think it was confirmed at that time.

Last edited:
that would be an upgrade from my last few valentines...

for real though, would they do anything for Valentine's? we're less than a week away...

Unlikely for an event like valentines, since events are typically based around Japanese specific holidays, cultural events and store openings. But they could just tweak Floette to a spring or flower like festival holiday and release if they really wanted. Don’t see it as likely however as we would have had it 6 years ago if that was the case. Dunno why they gave it a USUM dex entry if they won’t do anything with it.

At this point I will not be surprised if You and Me become titles and it being unrelated to Piuk.

Similarly, I still believe the titles will be Pokémon Plus and Pokémon Minus but have nothing to do with the Plus and Minus ‘leak’

Just purely because Game Freak went with X and Y for the first 3DS game (definitely no coincidence) and Plus and Minus ties in nicely with the Switch Joy Cons.

There's like 99% chance it'll just be revealed in its own direct, but i would love for the general direct to announce the pokemon direct or to reveal the logos then say "stay tuned for a pokemon direct next week" or something like that
I think they might announce the date of a Pokemon Direct, but idk about the logos. Maybe the version symbols?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom