• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how to call this. The island is square, yes, but the way the PC is moving is not. Quite confusing. A dead ringer for Route 21, though. I even checked to see if Gyarados are there. (it matches the fluke at the bottom) It is, but it was last seen there in FR/LG, and not in HG/SS.

The one thing i really like about the picture is how big Lapras head is in comparison to the rider and the eevee. It also appears to be moving diagnally. I'm torn about everything else as of now (except for the Magikarp).
The scaling is nice. If its real i hope that also translates to battles. I do like we are naturally riding on it not on a weird saddle

The picture looks fake to me, as if someone wanted to have fun with the Pokejungle report. Either way, the Tieba chatter has made it likely that the demo is real and takes place in Kanto Route 21.

Yeah, there's nothing to say that this is the same photo that Pokejungle has (unless they confirm it). It could be a fake someone created after Pokejungle said they weren't going to show it.

I want to say it's fake because I don't see why Game Freak would go back to having square and blocky graphics, even if it's a Kanto re-imagining. On the other hand, the picture matches some of the rumors and leaks we've heard such as the walking Pokemon jumping on the trainer's head when the trainer is riding something.

Well, this could also be a very elaborate April Fools' Day prank. :ROFLMAO: Considering how much effort some people have put into making their own Pokemon leaks, I wouldn't be surprised if it is indeed an elaborate prank.

I'll be the only person that thinks this is real. It won't hurt me or anyone else (emotionally) if this proves to be fake.

As for personal thoughts, we all know we'll buy the game anyway, and I don't play Pokémon for the graphics, but for the sake of having an experience in the world of Pokémon.

This looks like a degradation of graphics. For that I think that this is fake.

Doesn't really seem like the game we're actually going to be playing. Just seems odd that this is the yield of having a Switch devkit for damn near 3 years.

I think this is going to be revealed fake at April Fools too at this point.
edit:Also,here's a comparison to FRLG.Yeah,it's Kanto.

Attachments

• 1522515996367.jpg
    1522515996367.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 117
If that is indeed the Switch game then I am completely disapointed, and it even makes me sad how can Game Freak release a game like that on the Switch. For me it's a 3DS game with more resolution and that is not fine by me.

Its too blurry for me to tell if its better or worse than gen 7. The eevee doesnt look to be perched naturally on the head to me though, so it could just be shopped on

There's something else, too. Notice the sand. Now look at the sand islands in the other games. This pic is far more stark than what is in any other game. Why would they make the sand stop that abruptly when it didn't do that even in XY and ORAS?

I want to believe that it is indeed fake. The assets on the image seem reused assets from the 3DS, and I don't think they would reuse those assets for a game on a fairly powerful console(I say this after playing games as Super Mario Odyssey, Zelda and Xenoblade on the Switch).

I'm not giving credence to this image; I don't recall any grid-like design in Alola, unlike Kalos and Hoenn. However, I still want to say that I'd be surprised if they decided to go back to the DP mentality of deliberately underutilizing the hardware even though their successors (especially Gen 7) did the opposite.

Last edited:
Its too blurry for me to tell if its better or worse than gen 7. The eevee doesnt look to be perched naturally on the head to me though, so it could just be shopped on

Close up.

Capture.JPG

A little hard to distinguish but it looks like theres some extra stuff on the back of the characters head. Make your own judgement lol.

EDIT: Used the wrong pic. Added the zoomed one.

I don't know, it's very weird because the land it's too square, but the stones in the water are more "organic" and "natural". It's smell like fake but it can be real, I have that feeling.

i see what the chinese guy saw and called it "shameless and not presentable". It's simply terrible. It's also a step back to the grid. so it's fake, for sure. Because if it's real i won't buy a switch and the game for that kind of thing. It's worse than Sun and Moon. It's really apocalyptic

I don't know, it's very weird because the land it's too square, but the stones in the water are more "organic" and "natural". It's smell like fake but it can be real, I have that feeling.
That is weird. Plus the character is swimming organically not at a grid. Maybe if this is indeed a kanto revisit, they kept true to the blocky geography of the landmass instead of updating. That would be so dissapointing though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom