• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’re doing a Q&A with Nintendo treehouse for 5 days.

Don’t think they’d ask them about LGPE at this point, so this is likely for gen 8. hopefully
They did a sun/moon q&a with fans last year just before the announcement of Let's go. It was about sun/moon almost nobody asked about gen 8.

Hmm, European International Championships in April... do they ever reveal anything at those? Could be a date to mark down.

I don't think copyrights work like that... pretty sure that it would have to at least say "pokemon" to be a placeholder for Gen 8.

I was thinking, but didn't include it in my post, that perhaps the Gen 8 game would actually have the title Monpoké ..!! Perhaps there would be four distinct interactive ways to play through the game. It might be in those ways a very very soft reboot, by adding unique new gameplay styles without subtracting the original!

They did a sun/moon q&a with fans last year just before the announcement of Let's go. It was about sun/moon almost nobody asked about gen 8.
So even if there's no Gen 8 reveal before the Q&A, it could still happen shortly afterward.

Time to dissect this leak! (my thoughts in bold):

Hello, I'm here to give you information on the next Pokémon, you believe me or not. 4chan is full of false leaks, so I turn to foreign forums, which may be more in tune. Because leaking through foreign forums will be more credible...
  • The games are called Pokémon Torch and Pokémon Flint, and these will be worn on prehistory, addressing the difference between humans and Pokémon. Another tradition region?
  • The legendary Pokémon Torch is a mix between a monkey and a tree, with fire, I don't know his type but it could be that it's finally the first type plant / fire. Seeing how we already have Grass and Fire monkeys, I don't know if it will be something we have not seen.
  • The second is a kind of saber-toothed tiger. Okay, that's kind of new.
  • These Pokémon represent the first learning of humanity: the control of fire and the creation of tools. Sounds interesting.
  • The game takes place in South Africa, but the landscape mixes everything you can see in the continuous, like a desert in the North of the map, with pyramids. This sounds like something I might want.
  • There are 97 new Pokédex entries, totaling 904 Pokémon. Nothing new here.
  • Starters are a monkey (grass type), a cobra (fire type) and a duck (water type). sigh Another Grass monkey? And another Water duck? Okay, an actual Water duck, since Ducklett is a baby swan and Psyduck might be a platypus with kappa added in the evolution.
  • There are no new regional forms or mega, but a new form of Pokemon appears : it’s a mixture of Utra Beast and Shadow Pokemon, J. Turner (Designer of XD001) is very proud of it. I don't think this will be well received.
  • The story is about an opposition between human and Pokemon, these new forms are very important for the scenario. Hey! Someone got inspired by Takeshi Shudo!
  • The game is meant to be innovative since it wants to bring together all players, using reference to different spin-offs. It's a first. For example, Spenser (Ranger), Willow, (GO), Miror B and his grunts (Colosseum & XD), and many others, make appearances in the game. Although I would like Miror B. to come back with his XD theme, this is the part where the leak falls apart.
  • There are no gyms, but a new system close to Colosseum. So, gyms by another name.
  • There is a substitute for Pokémon contests, where the Pokémon order is different. Each Pokémon makes its show entirely in front of the jury. Okay, I don't get this one.
Revelation in one week with a trailer showing titles and legendaries. This will be easy to debunk.

Neither the legendaries or the starters sound that interesting, the story sounds like Shudo's original plans for the anime and the fact that they will include characters from spin-offs sound suspicious. Yes, I know Burnett appeared in Gen VII but it was because it was fitting and the leaks only included her because we saw her in a trailer, but aside from that, I doubt we will get anyone from any spin-off aside from possibly Willow.

Jigglypuff doesn't like this comment.

I don't know why they still let Jigglypuff post on Twitter...all it does is post about how angry it is that everyone falls asleep during its concerts. Then it posts pictures of it doodling on everyone's faces. I mean come on it's clearly just looking for attention.

And how would it make sense to have the localizers answer questions about a freshly revealed game? Not to mention that they are promoting LGPE at the event as evidenced by Pikachu and Eevee.

I mean the treehouse gameplay for S/M was the first time we saw the game in action outside of the may trailer. They've probably been preparing for this for a while now and it's not like NOA treehouse employee's would've been completely in the dark about it this whole time. they weren't directly involved in the localisation for S/M so this wouldn't be the first time something like this happened

Last edited:
That was a 1 dat event only in a Pokémon Center in Japan where that's fairly usual.

Hey guys, so I've been checking this thread for a while to get information about possible leaks and stuff of Pokémon and yesterday I came across that First Dates thing. I'm from Spain, and I have to tell you not to get your hopes up with that. Cuatro (the channel First Dates airs on) is a small channel here on Spain (being the three big ones TVE (the public broadcaster), Antena 3 & Telecinco). I personally don't think a company like Mediaset España (the ones who own Cuatro, as well as Telecinco) would have any connection whatsoever with Nintendo, and even less for a not really popular reality dating show on a small channel in Spain. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm not entirely denying the whole thing (probably weirdest things have happened before), but just tell you not to hype much about it. Also, Mediaset España has never done anything like this before, they've never shown any interest in the videogame industry (apart for typical ads like every channel does regularly). Telecinco (and Cuatro since it was bought by Mediaset) are channels which are focused in reality TV (examples are the spanish version of Big Brother, Got Talent, etc), as well as gossip magazines (being the most known Sálvame). I don't see this kind of TV channels making such a move out of thin air. But again, who knows? xd

PD. Sorry if there's something incorrect, I'm not an english native speaker xd

So yeah on one hand I'm someone who likes LGPE but I still don't feel like there's enough there to fill five whole days of Q&A and it would be really unreasonable of them to expect no one to ask about Gen 8 in that time frame. That being said I still have a concern. Five days of Q&A is also a little much for a game that will likely have been revealed only day's before. Unless they really feel they need to market this game heavily from square one. But I mean, we could find out a lot about these games in 5 days which would leave very little else to reveal over the course of the year...unless for some strange reason this game is coming out in summer. But that's just my hot take on this.

So yeah on one hand I'm someone who likes LGPE but I still don't feel like there's enough there to fill five whole days of Q&A and it would be really unreasonable of them to expect no one to ask about Gen 8 in that time frame. That being said I still have a concern. Five days of Q&A is also a little much for a game that will likely have been revealed only day's before. Unless they really feel they need to market this game heavily from square one. But I mean, we could find out a lot about these games in 5 days which would leave very little else to reveal over the course of the year...unless for some strange reason this game is coming out in summer. But that's just my hot take on this.
Well, the new console might warrant more information than other years. Gamefreak usually doesn't reveal much the first time, agreed, but they might spice things up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom