• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site, or it's archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechSkylander1518

Reaction score
Is there anything in that video other than King Zell's 13 post?
Nah, it's just discussion and speculation on King Zell's other posts (which he claims "have never been wrong", but I thought people said he's been wrong before?), then moving to Emily and Pixelpar's posts, with just quick bits about Pokemon-
  • "King Zell said Pokemon's coming out in 2019" (yeah, so did Game Freak)
  • "Pokemon usually does its own announcements separately, but I think it'd be cool to catch people off-guard by putting it in with other announcements"
  • "The Pokemon Day celebration is coming up and people are flying out for a Q&A session"
(Gotta love how he can make a video almost entirely about sharing someone else's posts but still make money off of it...)

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
It is interesting that 13 as a lucky number does correspond to Feb. 26 (Pokemon Day in Japan overlapping into other timezones) as 13 multiplied by itself! :):)
13 multiplied by itself is 169...

(I do get what you mean, just felt like being needlessly pedantic the night before my exam)

I’ll probably miss this direct since I have an exam... :(

VigorousMewtwo

Reaction score
ok if Paul has actually seen the mystery figure set for pokemon day reveal and is still telling people to be excited, then I'm in
Did he say he saw it ?

I'm gonna stick with Paul on this one. The market doesn't lie. If he says he'll see us in 2 weeks then that's when I think we're getting our gen 8 announcement

Freak-Pokemon

Retired Smogon Player
Reaction score
Is it confirmed that he said he would see us in 2 weeks because of the figurine?

Joker901

Reaction score
While I highly doubt there'll be any pokemon reveal on the direct, the love tweet with the two growlithe from Masuda is really suspicious considering that the direct will air on the 14th in Japan.
Maybe he's began hinting for Nintendo too XD

multiingbe

Reaction score
While I highly doubt there'll be any pokemon reveal on the direct, the love tweet with the two growlithe from Masuda is really suspicious considering that the direct will air on the 14th in Japan.
Maybe he's began hinting for Nintendo too XD
Yes :) I think it is possible that the Direct would simply at some point announce or tease the existence of a Pokemon Day Direct; and, seemingly, Pokeshopper is already to some extent aware of that so they do not need to watch!

prog rocker

Reaction score
What would be the best thing for me: They show us at least something Pokémon-related.

What would be the second best thing for me: They show us a Joker gameplay video and reveal who the hell "brave" is.

Hopefully I'll see something I would like to get once I buy a Switch.

Jabberwocky

Gather round, people, I'll tell you a story
Reaction score
How funny would it be if in the Direct there's just a big "POKEMON" logo and booming sounds and then it segues into, like, an announcement for a sequel to Pokemon Conquest or something.

(hint fucking hint Nintendo)

Notes on posting videos (summarizing contents, etc) 12/02/2019

Pyrax

Outlaws for Life
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

After reviewing PkmntrainerV's suggestion, the staff have come to a conclusion that if you're posting a video, we recommend summarizing its contents for people with slower connections and for convenience. Additionally, everyone is free to ask for a brief summary to filter out clickbait and get to the point. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

prog rocker

Reaction score
How funny would it be if in the Direct there's just a big "POKEMON" logo and booming sounds and then it segues into, like, an announcement for a sequel to Pokemon Conquest or something.

(hint fucking hint Nintendo)
Yeah, it's not like they have released two more Samurai Warriors games and Pokémon gens that could be used for a sequel.

Jabberwocky

Gather round, people, I'll tell you a story
Reaction score
Yeah, it's not like they have released two more Samurai Warriors games and Pokémon gens that could be used for a sequel.
Not to mention another evolution for the mascot Pokemon of the original game.

Oriden

Here to ride the rumor train.
Reaction score
View: https://twitter.com/Paulrobertryan/status/1095335643134087168?s=20

This is why I think he's seen the figure already.

That's basically what I figured was happening. But I wanted to see him post it. I get really exasperated at the one line posts with a wink and a nod. I recall he was wrong about something during the LGPE cycle and since then I've been a little more sceptical.

Again this isn't about me wanting Pokemon to be revealed tomorrow, I'm cool with whenever, but I'm trying to make sense of the marketing of this because Pokemon day still doesn't make any sense to me as a day that would reach the most people.
If you mean the eeveelution thing, pretty sure that Paul never actually said that it was going to be one- a lot of people just jumped to that conclusion and have held it against him.

Myth

Reaction score
Nice. The supposed Direct was real, to begin with. Now, if we don't have anything (not even a date of a Pokémon Direct being announced, or a "we will not talk about this game here now, but you will hear news about it soon", or something), I will begin to believe that we will not have any kind of announcement (not even a teaser) until May. I personally don't believe this Pokémon Day will be a big deal. Of course, I may be wrong, it's just my opinion.

I feel I could say that I follow Paul's work. I just think my opinion is different from his in that sense.

Yes :) I think it is possible that the Direct would simply at some point announce or tease the existence of a Pokemon Day Direct; and, seemingly, Pokeshopper is already to some extent aware of that so they do not need to watch!
I think that's not what he meant.

prog rocker

Reaction score
Not to mention another evolution for the mascot Pokemon of the original game.
Well, they will have to extend the Pokémon limit so that Nagamasa can have all Eeveelutions + Arceus. Maybe a max capacity of 10?

AngryBinacle

Reaction score
Got a lot of work this month, but I probably can't function properly until I've finally seen the first bits of REAL news.

NinjutsuSen

Reaction score
There was a leak where they supposed to announce a Pokemon Direct in the Direct tomorrow and to be honest I can see that happening. Not them saying "hey, next week Pokemon Direct" but more like at the end of the Direct tomorrow they're gonna tease it in form of a 20-30 seconds clip with landscapes and maybe seeing the shadows of the legendaries and maybe a tease how the games are gonna be called and at the end a text saying "More in the Pokemon Direct next week on please insert date here.

Status
Not open for further replies.