• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is interesting that 13 as a lucky number does correspond to Feb. 26 (Pokemon Day in Japan overlapping into other timezones) as 13 multiplied by itself! :):)

13 multiplied by itself is 169...

(I do get what you mean, just felt like being needlessly pedantic the night before my exam)

I’ll probably miss this direct since I have an exam... :(

ok if Paul has actually seen the mystery figure set for pokemon day reveal and is still telling people to be excited, then I'm in
Did he say he saw it ?

I'm gonna stick with Paul on this one. The market doesn't lie. If he says he'll see us in 2 weeks then that's when I think we're getting our gen 8 announcement

Is it confirmed that he said he would see us in 2 weeks because of the figurine?

While I highly doubt there'll be any pokemon reveal on the direct, the love tweet with the two growlithe from Masuda is really suspicious considering that the direct will air on the 14th in Japan.
Maybe he's began hinting for Nintendo too XD

While I highly doubt there'll be any pokemon reveal on the direct, the love tweet with the two growlithe from Masuda is really suspicious considering that the direct will air on the 14th in Japan.
Maybe he's began hinting for Nintendo too XD

Yes :) I think it is possible that the Direct would simply at some point announce or tease the existence of a Pokemon Day Direct; and, seemingly, Pokeshopper is already to some extent aware of that so they do not need to watch!

What would be the best thing for me: They show us at least something Pokémon-related.

What would be the second best thing for me: They show us a Joker gameplay video and reveal who the hell "brave" is.

Hopefully I'll see something I would like to get once I buy a Switch.

Notes on posting videos (summarizing contents, etc) 12/02/2019
Hello everyone,

After reviewing PkmntrainerV's suggestion, the staff have come to a conclusion that if you're posting a video, we recommend summarizing its contents for people with slower connections and for convenience. Additionally, everyone is free to ask for a brief summary to filter out clickbait and get to the point. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
How funny would it be if in the Direct there's just a big "POKEMON" logo and booming sounds and then it segues into, like, an announcement for a sequel to Pokemon Conquest or something.

(hint fucking hint Nintendo)
Yeah, it's not like they have released two more Samurai Warriors games and Pokémon gens that could be used for a sequel.

View: https://twitter.com/Paulrobertryan/status/1095335643134087168?s=20

This is why I think he's seen the figure already.

That's basically what I figured was happening. But I wanted to see him post it. I get really exasperated at the one line posts with a wink and a nod. I recall he was wrong about something during the LGPE cycle and since then I've been a little more sceptical.

Again this isn't about me wanting Pokemon to be revealed tomorrow, I'm cool with whenever, but I'm trying to make sense of the marketing of this because Pokemon day still doesn't make any sense to me as a day that would reach the most people.
If you mean the eeveelution thing, pretty sure that Paul never actually said that it was going to be one- a lot of people just jumped to that conclusion and have held it against him.

Nice. The supposed Direct was real, to begin with. Now, if we don't have anything (not even a date of a Pokémon Direct being announced, or a "we will not talk about this game here now, but you will hear news about it soon", or something), I will begin to believe that we will not have any kind of announcement (not even a teaser) until May. I personally don't believe this Pokémon Day will be a big deal. Of course, I may be wrong, it's just my opinion.

I feel I could say that I follow Paul's work. I just think my opinion is different from his in that sense.

Yes :) I think it is possible that the Direct would simply at some point announce or tease the existence of a Pokemon Day Direct; and, seemingly, Pokeshopper is already to some extent aware of that so they do not need to watch!

I think that's not what he meant.

Got a lot of work this month, but I probably can't function properly until I've finally seen the first bits of REAL news.

There was a leak where they supposed to announce a Pokemon Direct in the Direct tomorrow and to be honest I can see that happening. Not them saying "hey, next week Pokemon Direct" but more like at the end of the Direct tomorrow they're gonna tease it in form of a 20-30 seconds clip with landscapes and maybe seeing the shadows of the legendaries and maybe a tease how the games are gonna be called and at the end a text saying "More in the Pokemon Direct next week on please insert date here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom