• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is the day (of the Direct). What will we have today? Will we see this guy today? If so, what will he tell us?

the_pokemon_company_president_tsunekazu_ishihara_announces_core_pokemon_game_by_game_freak_for_nintendo_switch.png

The development is doing well, but we will not talk about this game for a few months. ( )

I have news to share with you soon, smell ya later! ( )

reveals the titles
( )

groudons ( )

Last edited:
It's not a mistranslation. They're correct that for the Japanese Nintendo Direct (and most likely the NA one as well) Fire Emblem will be the focus of the direct. The tweet uses hiragana and kanji representative of focusing on one subject. So expect a 10-15 minute segment on it.

It's not a mistranslation. They're correct that for the Japanese Nintendo Direct (and most likely the NA one as well) Fire Emblem will be the focus of the direct. The tweet uses hiragana and kanji representative of focusing on one subject. So expect a 10-15 minute segment on it.
Disappointing if true.. hoping more and more the leak I posted is correct.

a demo for LGPE went up on the eshop today

could mean nothing or it could mean:

they plan on announcing something soon and this'll be their way to keep LGPE sales up despite that
or
they don't plan on announcing something soon and this is their way of tiding people over/giving LGPE more momentum

the timing is odd given LGPE has already been out and they usually do demos before the game launches

they plan on announcing something soon and this'll be their way to keep LGPE sales up despite that
or
they don't plan on announcing something soon and this is their way of tiding people over/giving LGPE more momentum

the timing is odd given LGPE has already been out and they usually do demos before the game launches

Yeah, I noticed that, I think it can be the second one.

I mean, I don't think that's a good sign regarding announcements (teaser), I think it lowers the chances of an announcement today. But on the other hand, it means they will talk about Pokémon today (probably), so I still expect news about the games, even if any kind of statement about.

As I said, imo they'll be being "tricky" with the fans if they go through this Direct without at least mentioning these games. They will be the main game on Switch this year. Let's see.

or

It can be notable, but I'm honestly not sure if we should really take too much from LGPE getting a demo. Splatoon 2 is apparently getting a demo in late March, and that game's been out since July 2017, and besides few new weapons that are coming out sometime in the near future, the game has no more content coming to it. So yes, a demo could mean something for them wanting to keep sales of the game going on, but I don't think it's that much of a something that it's trying to tide people over till the new games get info.

Found a pretty interesting looking rumour about the direct.

directleak.jpg
They're announcing a LoZ game that's coming out within the year without a title for it? What sense is there in that? There's already a LoZ game for Switch, so people wanting to learn about it would be googling "Legend of Zelda Switch" and getting BotW content instead of any promotional material for the new one. That'd be terrible marketing.

Final Fantasy IX and VII haven't yet been released, so if we were getting it released tomorrow, wouldn't that be leaked by more people than just this random 4Chan user? I don't see how only one person would know about a game's release date the day before, even if it was a surprise.

And there's no way Nintendo's dedicating part of their direct to explaining a game series that isn't even one of their IPs and was frequently only on other consoles, especially not when the series is frequently considered to have a complicated story to understand. How does "this is the plot of a game not developed by Nintendo and not played on a Nintendo console, but you have to know it to understand this next game" sound like good material for a Nintendo promotion? (No disrespect to KH, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it promoted, but a whole story explanation isn't happening)

EDIT: Myth corrected me! Kingdom Hearts the story is a game, and I know nothing about KH.

Agree. I had to look it up again earlier and it looks really interesting but I can't help but worry if it will be super short or not as there is only 1 location present.
There's only been a few glimpses so far, I think it's a little early to assume there's only one location. (Besides, a closed location doesn't have to mean a lack of gameplay-Animal Crossing is just in one town, and it still has a lot of content)

They're announcing a LoZ game that's coming out within the year without a title for it? What sense is there in that? There's already a LoZ game for Switch, so people wanting to learn about it would be googling "Legend of Zelda Switch" and getting BotW content instead of any promotional material for the new one. That'd be terrible marketing.

Final Fantasy IX and VII haven't yet been released, so if we were getting it released tomorrow, wouldn't that be leaked by more people than just this random 4Chan user? I don't see how only one person would know about a game's release date the day before, even if it was a surprise.

And there's no way Nintendo's dedicating part of their direct to explaining a game series that isn't even one of their IPs and was frequently only on other consoles, especially not when the series is frequently considered to have a complicated story to understand. How does "this is the plot of a game not developed by Nintendo and not played on a Nintendo console, but you have to know it to understand this next game" sound like good material for a Nintendo promotion? (No disrespect to KH, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it promoted, but a whole story explanation isn't happening)

To be fair they did that with a Link Between Worlds, that didnt have a title at first in the direct it debuted in. It was just named Legend Of Zelda, it went on to release in the same year. Took a month to get a official title.

There's only been a few glimpses so far, I think it's a little early to assume there's only one location. (Besides, a closed location doesn't have to mean a lack of gameplay-Animal Crossing is just in one town, and it still has a lot of content)
The first trailer claims that it takes place in just the town

15 hours until the Direct, if I'm not mistaken.

Seeing the patterns, we probably won't see anything about Pokémon. But we'll see.

The first trailer claims that it takes place in just the town

Yeah thats the entire gimmick of Town, the entire game premise is fighting off monsters, summoning your own and other towns people and defending said town, hence the name.

I just noticed the Pokémon Youtube Channel's Video Games Playlist was updated yesterday.

But this can mean many different things, I think. Spin-off announcements, updates of old releases, one video about the LGPE demo release (if they have added an unlisted video)...

I think there is also the possibility that they just changed something in the playlist, like adding an old video to it, without any other intentions maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom