• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't expect a Pokémon reveal during the Nintendo Direct. But I guess they may reveal a Pokémon Direct is coming on the 27th.
But I am growing impatient and I want news ASAP.

Yes; there are sort of like four different layers of waiting all happening at once, currently; waiting from the original announcement, waiting from the updated announcement of 2019, waiting until Pokemon Day, and waiting until all of the later eventual reveals such as at E3!!

Then adding the almost-fifth layer, the vague uncertainty about this Direct; today really is sort of the climactic peak of all of the combined waiting layers, and finally it will just feel like coasting after today!!

Yup, in the first movie Snubbull, Marill and a then-unnamed Donphan debuted in the west.

EDIT: Donphan was only unnamed in the movie. I keep forgetting that Donphan was one of the first four Gen II Pokémon revealed (along with Slowking, Ampharos and Ho-Oh).

Last edited:
Why is the thread so slow today? I mean, even if you think we will not hear anything from the games today, and even if we don't get anything, it would not be so bad, we already know that the game will be released this year anyway, and that will not be changed. And for those who believe in it, we still have the Pokemon Day ahead, and we are close to it.

@sj01blue
I enjoyed reading your opinion. Why did you delete it? There would be no problem if you were wrong.

Hey, Oriden, about your list of potential news dates, you forgot about the Japan Expo (we had Honedge and Salandit revealed at that event) and about the VGC worlds.
Oh thank you! I'll add those when I get home.

The thread will pick up closer to the afternoon. What if they do a Gen 8 sneak peek like they did with Smash Bros last year during the March 2018 ND?

It certainly seems possible!! I understand why many people are skeptical. Yet there was so much creativity put into the Smash and Animal Crossing surprise endings!
This is the first chance they have to do this for Pokemon, and, probably the only chance they have to do it for Gen 8!!

The big game of the direct got leaked

Why is the thread so slow today? I mean, even if you think we will not hear anything from the games today, and even if we don't get anything, it would not be so bad, we already know that the game will be released this year anyway, and that will not be changed. And for those who believe in it, we still have the Pokemon Day ahead, and we are close to it.

@sj01blue
I enjoyed reading your opinion. Why did you delete it? There would be no problem if you were wrong.

Hey, Oriden, about your list of potential news dates, you forgot about the Japan Expo (we had Honedge and Salandit revealed at that event) and about the VGC worlds.
Okay, added Japan Expo but I can't find a date for Worlds- not sure if it was announced yet? I think it's in August so I could just put a general date down for August. D=

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom